The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

djlaosc

I've just looked online, and it looks as though it is two years from date of cancellation, not last date used:

It will all just depend on what the use of the word "appear" means... Can they film before this date and just not air publicly?

Therefore...

Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Heroes For Hire/Daughters of the Dragon would not be able to be used until 19/10/2020 (Iron Fist was cancelled on 12/10/18 but both Danny and Colleen were main characters in Luke Cage S2, therefore Danny, Colleen, Luke, Misty and Claire would not be available until 19/10/2020.

Daredevil would not be able to be used until 29/11/2020 - ruling out Matt, Foggy, Wilson Fisk and Dex until then.

The Punisher/Jessica Jones would not be able to be used until 18/02/2021 - ruling out Frank, Karen, Jessica and Trish until then, unless anyone else appears in Jessica Jones Season 3 whenever it airs

Means that we are already through 27% of the time until LC/IF could air, 22% of the time until DD could air and 11% of the time until TP/JJ could air.

Given the fact that JJS2 was picked up in January 2016, but didn't start to film until April 2017 there would be no reason why Disney/Hulu couldn't pick up the rights/actors now and then film when they have time as they couldn't air/film before the above dates anyway.

Iron Fist/Luke Cage/Heroes For Hire/Daughters of the Dragon will now be available for use in less than a year, with Daredevil available in just over 13 months...

djlaosc

Marvel's Ghost Rider and Marvel's Helstrom to launch on Hulu in 2020.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Everything changed when Feige took over all creative control at Marvel, including Marvel TV. Look for these characters to start getting announced for Disney+ shows over the next couple years. As well as more of these characters added to MCU films after Phase 4.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

bartholomr4

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ba...black-mirror-wife-swap-versailles-1203380509/

Seems like they are finalizing the sale of Endemol Shine Group. 2.2B price tag and offloading of 1.95B in tax. Disney owns half of Endemol Shine that it inherited from Fox.

I think the $1.95 Billion is in debt (therefore total value is $4.15B). I am sure Disney has Endemol Shine signed up with Hulu for long-term streaming rights as well, so this appears to be a great deal for the Mouse-House.

Quinnmac000

I think the $1.95 Billion is in debt (therefore total value is $4.15B). I am sure Disney has Endemol Shine signed up with Hulu for long-term streaming rights as well, so this appears to be a great deal for the Mouse-House.

I know for a fact they don't have Endemol Shine signed up with Hulu because they typically are third party producer and their reality content doesn't fit US hulu's audience. Master Chef distribution rights are still with Fox Corp, Keeping Up with the Kards is with Universal, and their other shows are European format which don't fit the hulu binge model by having only 4-6 episodes for most reality shows.

bartholomr4

I know for a fact they don't have Endemol Shine signed up with Hulu because they typically are third party producer and their reality content doesn't fit US hulu's audience. Master Chef distribution rights are still with Fox Corp, Keeping Up with the Kards is with Universal, and their other shows are European format which don't fit the hulu binge model by having only 4-6 episodes for most reality shows.

I was thinking about outside the US as Hulu expands, but point well taken.

Indy_UK

Loads of reports of Disney putting the Fox movies into the Vault. I’m a little surprised but maybe it’s just a case of them taking everything back and seeing what they have and what they want to do with them.

So far, they seem to be diluting Fox so much that there won’t be much left. Family IP is being stripped and put under the Disney banner. Future box office presence seems non-existent

Slpy3270

This Kurt Sutter interview post-firing from FX is something.

Here’s what I did wrong on the studio network side, the reason why I had to go away. It all started with a joke. And not a very good one. There was a line in the Season 2 premiere. EZ [JD Pardo] and Coco [Richard Cabral] were getting off the bus at the school where the drugs were being processed. There was supposed to be a really gnarly playground out front. Filled with debris, dangerous looking swings, sharp objects, rusty jungle gym, etc. As they exited, Coco sees EZ’s distracted and says: Lighten up Boy Scout, and gesturing to the playground, says, We’re going to Disneyland. EZ replies: Yeah? Guess this is where Walt buried all the Jews he had killed. Coco comments: That’s dark man… And exits.

[...]

So when I was informed that the Walt, Jew killing line had to go, I agreed and changed it to…We’re going to Disneyland. And now EZ says, Yeah… if Mickey and Pluto were pedophiles.

Seems like Seth MacFarlane better watch out.

seascape

This Kurt Sutter interview post-firing from FX is something.

Seems like Seth MacFarlane better watch out.
Seth MacFarlane has great relationships with Disney. He is extremely happy with the way The Orville is being handled by Hulu and the way his others shows are goinf. Kurt Sutter created his own problems.

Slpy3270

Brazil is reassessing the Fox deal after Disney failed to find a buyer for the Fox Sports channels there.

seascape

Brazil is reassessing the Fox deal after Disney failed to find a buyer for the Fox Sports channels there.

I guess if there is no buyer, Brazil will let Disney keep it as long as Disney announces the new Brazil Pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom