The Integration of Fox into the Disney Corporate Family: Parks, Movies, IPs, Studios

Indy_UK

So after 2024, Disney can't use Fox searchlight for example internationally? Or do you just mean the non-sold sport units?

BlakeW39

I honestly hope none of these happen. I just don't think they would very well.

I would like to see a land in DAK themed to the ice age though. Instead of cartoons, have it be Native American civilization 20kya that way you can have American fauna and more extinct animal representation.

jt04

Interesting. This makes me wonder if part of this deal will eventually lead to a Disney/Comcast merger(which would cause a monopoly). But there's no doubt they'll find a way to pass all the approvals.

I think you will see comcast create their own "entertainment ecosystem" for lack of a better term. Further consolidation until there are 3 or 4 companies.

It Is What It Is

With the National Geographic acquisition (the 73% Fox had acquired), I've been wondering a couple things - One, I would think the acquisition included National Geographic Expeditions (travel division). If so, will Disney run this as is or tie it in to Adventures by Disney? Two, how will NG show up in the parks? Has anyone seen any news on either of these?

djlaosc

So, now that Jessica Jones' Season 3 has been announced as being added on June 14th, hopefully we could hear something about Hulu/Disney+ at either Comic Con or D23?

I doubt it, but you never know...

Slpy3270

Reports circulating in Italian media (specifically the Prima Comunicazione magazine) that Fox Networks Italy is moving to Disney's offices in Milan from Rome. No official confirmation yet.

Quinnmac000

An update on the JJ abrams deal. Disney seems to be out of the running. With Warner Media and and Apple in the lead.

No studio is out of the running...

However, as far as we know, none of four studios vying for Abrams’ services has been informed that they are no longer in contention.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
You know Apple are going to throw money to get o bolster their lacklustre Apple TV+ service

Well, they either need to buy a huge library of content (like Disney did with Fox) or throw billions at every production company in the world to churn out new content (like Netflix is doing) or be an aggregator of many sources like Hulu and the dozens of other aggregators that survive on ad-supported streaming.

Good luck, Apple, showing up late in the game!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
A clue in this Sunday's New York Times crossword wanted the name of Anastasia's love interest in "Disney's Anastasia."

I was about to go all nuclear on the Times to correct them that Anastasia isn't a Disney princess when I remembered: oh yeah, now she is.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom