The Imagineering Story on Disney+

WhatJaneSays

I was actually only mildly excited about the beginning, but ooh boy seeing all of that archival footage scanned in HD? 🔥🔥🔥😍😍😍
For real though.
source.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Funny part of the second show of the series in mentioning that the MK opening was thought to be a dud because it wasn't overwhelmed with huge crowds like the original DL was (only 10,000 attending). The reason? People stayed away because they thought it would be too crowded.

Sound familiar?

Anyway... it deflates the theory that a ghost-town opening means failure.

Disstevefan1

I was actually only mildly excited about the beginning, but ooh boy seeing all of that archival footage scanned in HD? 🔥🔥🔥😍😍😍

I noticed that too! Very nice, BUT the stream queued multiple times during playback! Its NOT my broadband! I stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube and NONE of them queue during playback. I hope they scale up to fix this.

Animaniac93-98

Funny part of the second show of the series in mentioning that the MK opening was thought to be a dud because it wasn't overwhelmed with huge crowds like the original DL was (only 10,000 attending). The reason? People stayed away because they thought it would be too crowded.

Sound familiar?

Anyway... it deflates the theory that a ghost-town opening means failure.

Magic Kingdom opened October 1 to soft attendance, but was then slammed by Thanksgiving less than two months later.

Galaxy's Edge not hitting Disney's projections 6 months after opening at Disneyland is not as encouraging.

celluloid

Another thing to really give this show credit for besides simplyfying a lot of great annecdotes that are well known to Disney fans and presenting them in clear linear ways with sharp design and footage restored, is the acknowledgement of other themed attractions and parks. In the first two episodes they acknowledged Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World and Knotts Berry Farm as competetors. The Bob Gurr moment in the first episode was also very transparent. I like not getting the squeaky commercialized look all of the time. It is the closest thing to Dateline Disney Modern Marvels, but with company class.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

Another thing to really give this show credit for besides simplyfying a lot of great annecdotes that are well known to Disney fans and presenting them in clear linear ways with sharp design and footage restored, is the acknowledgement of other themed attractions and parks. In the first two episodes they acknowledged Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World and Knotts Berry Farm as competetors. The Bob Gurr moment in the first episode was also very transparent. I like not getting the squeaky commercialized look all of the time. It is the closest thing to Dateline Disney Modern Marvels, but with company class.
I was also impressed that they acknowledged the massive layoffs post-EPCOT.

mf1972

very entertaining show so far. they must’ve really dug deep in the archives to show some of this footage. are they putting out new episodes every friday like the mandalorian? looking forward for future episodes

mikejs78

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom opened October 1 to soft attendance, but was then slammed by Thanksgiving less than two months later.

Galaxy's Edge not hitting Disney's projections 6 months after opening at Disneyland is not as encouraging.
Exactly. and WDW did not have the loyalists and lfiestylers yet. WDW and Galaxy's Edge are not comparable starts.
🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom