The Imagineering Common Area - A Discussion Thread

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No

We've only got just this trailer and already I can tell this movie is perfect for the 100th anniversary. Everything about this just screams "classic Disney magic" and I love it.

(Also, got to love how they almost immedately establish the villain right out the gate, as if to say "Yes, we know it's been way too long since we've had a straightforward villain, too.")

Not super sold on the animation style but it looks like it might not be half bad 🤞🏻

PerGron

So with April over I wanted to rank the 6 newly released films I saw over the month. I still have a handful of films I want to see (The Covenant, Sisu, and Renfield most notably) but here it is anyway, my April reviews ranked.

6. Peter Pan & Wendy- I didn’t hate this movie and for the Disney live actions of recently, it’s not the most offensive by any means. But even then, Captain Hook is really the only great part of the movie and the rest is rather forgettable. I watched last week and I’ve already all but forgotten it.

5. Beau is Afraid- I still haven’t really settled 100% on if I liked this movie or not, but I’m leaning towards I appreciate that it exists more than I actively enjoyed it. It’s definitely one of the weirdest and most uncomfortable movies I’ve ever seen, but at 3 hours long, I can’t really recommend it. Just watch Hereditary instead if you want a good Aster movie.

4. The Super Mario Bros. Movie- A completely acceptable Mario film that is better as an adaptation of Mario than as a movie itself. I’m not a massive video game fan in general and have only played some of the more mainstream Mario titles, but from what I know of, this did a good job at it. Plus Jack Black as Bowser was great. Another movie I like the idea of more than I liked the execution though.

3. Evil Dead Rise- I think from a guilty pleasure standpoint this was my favorite of the month. It was brutal and unrelenting in how much gorey violent and sadistic fun it was having. I love the Evil Dead franchise and while it’s on the latter half of the franchise for me, it was still excellent and a ton of fun. Out of all 6 I saw, it’s the one I can see myself going back to the most, but not really necessarily the “best”.

2. Air- I don’t care at all about sports, I don’t care at all about shoes, and I absolutely despise the idea of celebrating a massive corporation, but damn was this a great movie. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck really brought it with this and I was hooked the entire time I was watching. I don’t see this one dropping out of my top 10 of the year any time soon.

1. How to Blow Up a Pipeline- When I say this was the best of April, I mean that by miles and miles. Like I loved Air, but that movie is nothing compared to this movie. I was in pure suspense the entire time and it held me there and never let me release it. My only gripe was it could’ve been a bit longer (poach some of Beau’s runtime huh?) but I still adored this movie. So far, only Skinamarink beats it for the year.

Anyway, looking forward to May

Evilgidgit

20230505_125945.jpg

Greetings from the Studio Ghibli Park in Nagoya, Japan.

20230505_133058.jpg

20230505_133511.jpg

Disney Dad 3000

Dang, Disney just cancelled the big Florida move, and announced Star Wars Galactic Cruiser is closing in October for good!

Yeah, I think beyond the affordable housing project, investment in FL is going to be in the crapper. That "17B" is out there but I won't be shocked if that gets delayed or reappropriated in some fashion, though Moana getting announced at DD23 seems inevitable.
I'd love to see them bring the TS concept from Starcruiser to GE as was originally proposed assuming they don't come up with alternative plans for the hotel.

MickeyMouse10

I mean isn’t the whole point of the parks to pay obscene amounts of money to pretend to be a child again?

LOL, I see the parks as something vastly different than the Starcruiser. Something that is fun for all ages, but also very real.

I can put pajamas on and act like an idiot in my backyard.

WowFactor

Hey my friends, hope you 're all well.
I'm planning with my wife to spend a couple of weeks in Orlando by the end of June. I intended to make only Universal parks but my wife loves AK and Epcot. My doubt is that both seem to be a little lacking (AK without Primeval and Epcot looks practically a construction site). What is your opinion? Is it worth it to visit them even under these conditions?

Sincerely,
Wow

Disney Dad 3000

I'm planning with my wife to spend a couple of weeks in Orlando by the end of June. I intended to make only Universal parks but my wife loves AK and Epcot. My doubt is that both seem to be a little lacking (AK without Primeval and Epcot looks practically a construction site). What is your opinion? Is it worth it to visit them even under these conditions?

Sincerely,
Wow

Animal Kingdom is always worth it to me, but I love that park a little too much (if that's possible).

Maybe consider park hopping between the two for a day? Get your BG for Guardians and rope drop Epcot to check out Remy and a few other must do's before having lunch in WS. Epcot is still rough in the central spine. Animal Kingdom is very manageable in the afternoon with many folks leaving, so makes a good time to park hop there arriving plus it looks great during waning hours. We typically avoided Dinoland anyway and the rest of the park is in good shape. Get a dining reservation close to park close at AK perhaps to take advantage of the park hours.

MonorailRed

Applebees

Sincerely,
Wow

Honestly, with Guardians and Flower and Garden active, I’d definitely choose Epcot - don’t let the middle fool you, there’s a lot going on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom