The Imagineer Project 10-Imagineering Brainstormers

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
We will all be working together this round. We have to create a NEW EPCOT pavillion. Criteria:
--Either in East or West of Future World (must fit theme of area)
--Original Idea (not used in Epcot already)
--Needs AT LEAST: Attraction, Quick Service Restaurant, Education Experience (hands on)

Due: Saturday April 24th 7pm EST!

figmntal95

Weather? Hasn't that been done before in these threads?

I think that maybe any of these could work:

-History Pavillion
-Music Pavillion

That's all I can think of for now......

Maybe even a full fledged transportation (or just Air Transportation) pavillion could work.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Weather? Hasn't that been done before in these threads?

I think that maybe any of these could work:

-History Pavillion
-Music Pavillion

That's all I can think of for now......

Maybe even a full fledged transportation (or just Air Transportation) pavillion could work.
I don't recall weather........

I like Air Transportation the best out of those.

Fractal514

I'm trying to think of what the actual theme is... East is energy, space, test track...

West is Imagination, Land, Sea...

My initial thought is the sky, but that's Soarin...

Energy, Space, Test Track.... The Body was such a good one...hmm... don't mind my rambling, thinking aloud as it were....

How about something on homes and housing and the history of that?

I don't know, maybe that's lame...

Chrononymous

I am typing Out loud as well! (and by the way...it's nice to be on the team with all of you!)
I have been thinking that... so far...each pavillion kind of covers (or once covered) a different Science.

I have been trying to think about this as well...

There is Space travel in Mission Space...(but not really Astronomy...or planetary sciences)

Earth Sciences are the Land, Living Seas, and I suppose Geology is taken care of in Energy...(though the fun aspects of geology...like gemstones isn't part of it)

Kinetic Energy and transportation used to be in World Of Motion, and now in Test Track,

and Wonders of Life was Biology...and Horizons took care of futuristic domestic/environmental projections.
Imagination used to cover the other side of the brain/human condition....
Though there isn't really a philosophy pavillion

History is sort of covered in Spaceship Earth...as the history of comunication...

So...what about a Money/Financial idea? The history of what is wealth, what is valuable from gold to gems to paper money and how it's made...

Which also makes me think of Technology of Detection...spy stuff, or futuristic police detective CSI type stuff...which has a great scientific base, but is also kind of fun...

There is also Media...or the future thereof...discussing micro technology and how it continues to affect music, movies, and other forms of media blended with science.

And then there's the idea of doing another kind of Horizons...hopeful projections about the future of humanity...but taking a different route than the previous one...and projecting...I dunno...some other sorts of things that will affect the human condition (rather than where we might live)

Wow...when i think about it...there's a whole lot of cool stuff that would make a totally kick-______ pavillion, and still retain the wonder of Epcot's vision.

Allright...sleep now. (And no, I don't want to be the leader!...:D)

MaterA113

Ok!

The two 'halves' of Future World are Future World East and West... ONE section is more left brain with creativity and imagination (ie has flowy paths, and water) and the other is more right brained with sciences and technology (straight angular pathways, etc.)

(i think i might have switched teh two, but those are the 'themes' persay... they were more apparent when it opened, but they still are there today)

I suggest looking it up..

Chrononymous

Not terribly excited about the Sports thing...because I am really not so well versed in it.

Would it be like a multi attraction pavillion...the science behind sports...sort of like what the WoL had?

And that leads me to the next question...Once we pick our overall theme , will we then design just one big ride?(thrill ride or dark ride experience plus the restaurant and hands on thing)

or would we do a pavillion with several attractions? (rides and shows)

figmntal95

As much as I'd like to do weather, like I said, It's been done on these boards before.

I'm in for the Forensics Pavilion or Sports.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
I definately think we should do a multi-attraction pavillion. (Like WOL)

Also,To elaborate on what Mater said:

FW West with Seas,Land,Imagination contains free-flowing subject matter. This is complemented by walkways and water. East with TT,Mission Space and Energy covers more rigid ideas,agian supplemented by surroundings. You'll even see this reflected in all the buildings.

So far all the ideas we have are rigid and scientific,so I think its safe to say no matter what we do,we can put it at the WoL plot.

We need to hear from EVERYONE for ideas. Its already Monday we need to GET GOING!

figmntal95

My vote is for forensics. I have some great attraction ideas (maybe even a CSI Disney show) and it fits in with that scientific area.

Jasonflz

Sorry! I know I'm not in this anymore, and I don't mean to interrupt, but i had to jump on this:

EPCOT need weather badly.

ok, now i've confused you all; good luck! i look forward to seeing this; i'm excited! :D

:lol: Okay.

Actually, a forensics themed pavilion seems promising. I second the votes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom