Pre-Trip The "I never thought we would finish" adoption celebration trip!

So, we are headed back to the World in June, which was always the plan. But it has turned into the super exciting celebration trip, as I got word about two weeks ago that all of the appeals are finished in my adoption case, so we should be totally done in the next 6 months!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait until these amazing boys are officially mine forever. It is a dream come true!!

Anyways, back to the trip! It went from just a night or two to several, because, ADOPTION!!!! <3

We are close enough that I have everything planned out. It never stays the way I originally plan, and has changed several times already! :)

Who: The usual crew, with an addition! Myself, Tabby, the Memaw, Big Dude, Taylen, Little Dude, Tate, and big sissy, Kim (the addition!). My oldest kiddo, who is 26, gets to come with us this time. She has been in a newish job for the last year, and hasn't wanted to request time off. She is far more responsible than I have taught her to be! Also, For reference, she is also adopted, hence why I am not old enough for a 26 year old. Don't want everyone thinking I am an old lady!!!

When: June 19-24

Where: All-Star Movies

We have annual passes, except for Kim. So I got her a 6 day Park Hopper. We should hopefully know the final date by the trip, and will probably upgrade her tickets to an AP while there, as we are moving to Florida, by Memaw, as soon as the adoption is done and I get a job. Luckily, her county is seriously in need of teachers, so that should be quick. I have already applied for my license in Fl, so should be smooth sailing, I hope.

We spend a month every summer in Fl, so the boys and I will already be in Fl. Kim will be flying into Tampa on the 18th, and I will drive over to pick her up and take her back to Memaw's. She flies back out on the 25th, so I will drop her back off that day!

We are also doing the dining plan again this trip. We did the deluxe again. It works for us. The boys love character meals, and the eat like velociraptors, so the food is never too much. I also learned over last summer that receiving a bill for almost $200 for one meal sets me off, in terms of financial responsibility. Attribute this to an ex who ran me into so much debt and financial ruin that it took me almost ten years to climb back out.....

So, without further wait, here is the plans.

June 19th:
Early check-in and drop off vehicle at the resort.
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's @ 7:30
Epcot Day
FP's: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land (the boys LOVE this??), and Frozen
Dinner @ Nine Dragons (reviews?)

June 20th:
MK day 1
Breakfast in room
BOG for lunch
FP's: Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain
Dinner @ The Plaza

June 21st:
AK day
Breakfast in room
FP's: Safari, Everest, FOP!!
Lunch @ Rainforest
Dinner@ ROL Tusker meal

June 22:
Non-park Day
Breakfast to celebrate our 'Ohana at 'Ohana. :)
DS after
Lunch @ Homecomin'
Dinner @ Hoop-Dee-Doo

June 23:
HS Day
Breakfast in room
FP's: RNR, TOT, Slinky Dog!!!
Lunch @ Mama Melrose
Dinner @ Minnie's Seasonal Dine

June 24:
Check-out day
MK day 2
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace
FP's: 7D, Big Thunder, Space
Dinner @ BOG for Beast!

Thoughts? We like sit-down meals, both for a break from the heat and a rest for kiddos. I am a little concerned about Nine Dragons and BOG for dinner, but......... BEAST!!!! I have a severe allergy to both fish and shellfish, so that limits where we can go at times. I really want to go to Teppan Edo, but it is terrifying with my allergy.

tabby1222

Original Poster
It is encouraging that at least some of you have had luck. I am really hopeful, because it seems silly that the boys would have to leave the room to see Memaw, and that is just a lot of door slamming for 6 days, because boys slam doors...... :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It might also depend on the resort (some might have more rooms with connecting doors) because we most often stay at AKL and although we’ve had rooms next to each other (or across the hall), we’ve never had rooms with a connecting door. Our last stay was at the Poly and we did have one but on that stay we hadn’t even bothered to ask for one because my DD was old enough to be in the room by herself if I went out for a bit.

Janir

Congratulations and its an awesome way to celebrate! Speaking as an adoptee, I approve of this celebration plan! ;P Sad that Disney doesn't make I'm Celebrating adoption specific buttons at Guest Services, but I suspect then just writing that on the Celebrating Buttons will garner some serious attention.
Is it getting dusty in here...?

tabby1222

Original Poster
Congratulations and its an awesome way to celebrate! Speaking as an adoptee, I approve of this celebration plan! ;P Sad that Disney doesn't make I'm Celebrating adoption specific buttons at Guest Services, but I suspect then just writing that on the Celebrating Buttons will garner some serious attention.
Is it getting dusty in here...?

Thanks so much!!!!! We are so excited. It has been such a long, long road. I know it is technically just a piece of paper, because they have been mine since the moment they walked through my front door, but I will be soooo glad for that paper!

We did have an amazing CM last summer overhear us talking about it, and she insisted we get celebration buttons and write adoption in. I explained that we still had at least a year left, and she said it didn't matter, who counts days when you are celebrating something like that. It did get us some extra magic, for sure. I just felt terrible wearing them knowing we weren't done. But my mom said that if a CM told us to get them and wear them, and actually walked us over to get them, it must be law that we wear them! :)

tabby1222

Original Poster
I meant to post yesterday, but forgot! 13 days!!!!!

In typical me fashion, I played around with some reservations. Not too bad, but decided BOG for dinner wasn’t something we wanted to do. So traded it for FOF parade VIP lunch at Tony’s town square, and dinner at LTT.

Nervous about lunch, as I have seen not great reviews, but we still haven’t seen the parade, so it works out I hope.

Packing has started. Given that we leave for Memaw’s house in 6 days, it’s late for me. We are also taking the dogs to my mom’s, so there is another layer of built in stress. Two dobermans+two boys= a SUV that smells like feets and farts for 17 hours. Long drive but worth it in the end.

If you will be in the parks these days, keep an eye out for the three ladies looking crazy, chasing around two obnoxious, loud, adorable boys! ;)

It isn’t that bad, but dudes have some serious ADHD, and really struggle being contained in lines. The DAS helps a ton, but there are still some issues. And honestly, they are incredibly well-behaved, probably moreso than their Momma!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom