Pre-Trip The "I never thought we would finish" adoption celebration trip!

So, we are headed back to the World in June, which was always the plan. But it has turned into the super exciting celebration trip, as I got word about two weeks ago that all of the appeals are finished in my adoption case, so we should be totally done in the next 6 months!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait until these amazing boys are officially mine forever. It is a dream come true!!

Anyways, back to the trip! It went from just a night or two to several, because, ADOPTION!!!! <3

We are close enough that I have everything planned out. It never stays the way I originally plan, and has changed several times already! :)

Who: The usual crew, with an addition! Myself, Tabby, the Memaw, Big Dude, Taylen, Little Dude, Tate, and big sissy, Kim (the addition!). My oldest kiddo, who is 26, gets to come with us this time. She has been in a newish job for the last year, and hasn't wanted to request time off. She is far more responsible than I have taught her to be! Also, For reference, she is also adopted, hence why I am not old enough for a 26 year old. Don't want everyone thinking I am an old lady!!!

When: June 19-24

Where: All-Star Movies

We have annual passes, except for Kim. So I got her a 6 day Park Hopper. We should hopefully know the final date by the trip, and will probably upgrade her tickets to an AP while there, as we are moving to Florida, by Memaw, as soon as the adoption is done and I get a job. Luckily, her county is seriously in need of teachers, so that should be quick. I have already applied for my license in Fl, so should be smooth sailing, I hope.

We spend a month every summer in Fl, so the boys and I will already be in Fl. Kim will be flying into Tampa on the 18th, and I will drive over to pick her up and take her back to Memaw's. She flies back out on the 25th, so I will drop her back off that day!

We are also doing the dining plan again this trip. We did the deluxe again. It works for us. The boys love character meals, and the eat like velociraptors, so the food is never too much. I also learned over last summer that receiving a bill for almost $200 for one meal sets me off, in terms of financial responsibility. Attribute this to an ex who ran me into so much debt and financial ruin that it took me almost ten years to climb back out.....

So, without further wait, here is the plans.

June 19th:
Early check-in and drop off vehicle at the resort.
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's @ 7:30
Epcot Day
FP's: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land (the boys LOVE this??), and Frozen
Dinner @ Nine Dragons (reviews?)

June 20th:
MK day 1
Breakfast in room
BOG for lunch
FP's: Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain
Dinner @ The Plaza

June 21st:
AK day
Breakfast in room
FP's: Safari, Everest, FOP!!
Lunch @ Rainforest
Dinner@ ROL Tusker meal

June 22:
Non-park Day
Breakfast to celebrate our 'Ohana at 'Ohana. :)
DS after
Lunch @ Homecomin'
Dinner @ Hoop-Dee-Doo

June 23:
HS Day
Breakfast in room
FP's: RNR, TOT, Slinky Dog!!!
Lunch @ Mama Melrose
Dinner @ Minnie's Seasonal Dine

June 24:
Check-out day
MK day 2
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace
FP's: 7D, Big Thunder, Space
Dinner @ BOG for Beast!

Thoughts? We like sit-down meals, both for a break from the heat and a rest for kiddos. I am a little concerned about Nine Dragons and BOG for dinner, but......... BEAST!!!! I have a severe allergy to both fish and shellfish, so that limits where we can go at times. I really want to go to Teppan Edo, but it is terrifying with my allergy.

tabby1222

Original Poster
Congratulations!

Your plans look great. Why are you concerned about Nine Dragons and BOG? Because of your allergy?
I am also, as is Kim, a super picky eater. Stepping outside of our comfort zone is nerve wracking. I was dying to try Yak and Yeti, and wasn't super impressed. BOG is two credits, so if it sucks, I feel like I wasted ten credits..... lol. Beast is worth it, though!

tabby1222

Original Poster
We are officially under 30 days!!!

There was some drama, as always, prior to the under 30 days...

Sister had a kerfuffle with days off at work, but luckily it all worked itself out after a three day nail-biting experience, so all systems are a go.

I called yesterday, just to re-check that the reservations were requesting connecting rooms. Has anyone had much luck with this request? I got the same spiel about how it is a request and they cannot promise anything. It makes me nervous that we will end up on different floors or something.....

Anyways, under 30 days! Have a great day, all!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
We’ve had good luck getting connecting rooms at POP our last two visits. Both times the rooms were under different reservations/different last names.

We made the requests online or on the phone and were told the same thing about it not being guaranteed.

Hopefully you’ll have good luck with it too.

Yay for being so close!

John Dulmage

We’ve had good luck getting connecting rooms at POP our last two visits. Both times the rooms were under different reservations/different last names.

We made the requests online or on the phone and were told the same thing about it not being guaranteed.

Hopefully you’ll have good luck with it too.

Yay for being so close!
We had luck at AOA. I kept reminding Disney and reminded them again when I did online check-in. I don't know if that helped, but we got them! It worked out great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom