Pre-Trip The "I hope this trip happens but who knows because of coronavirus" trip

Where to begin?

You all know what's going on in the world. It's affecting all of us in many different ways. I spent the first week or so feeling not much more than despair and sadness, but I am trying to focus on and appreciate the positives. For example, my dear M is able to work from home and therefore doesn't have to get up as early and deal with her usual commute. We both have more time to cook (which we really enjoy doing!) and try new recipes. We live in a spacious apartment with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. We have everything we really *need* and much more.

And, part of staying positive is dreaming of Disney.

The original version of this trip takes place in June, so that's what I'll post about for now. Though I *think* the parks will be open by then, we may postpone to the fall, depending on how long the parks are closed and how many days get added to our APs. They are set to expire August 21, but with the currently announced closure we'll have about two weeks added, and there's no way the parks won't be closed longer.

I'll post more details in the following post(s). In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy!!!

99-998011_mickey-mouse-love-heart-www-imgkid-com-the.png

riverside

Premium Member
Are you finding baking items in the store?? We have no flour, no yeast, hardly even any boxed mixes!
We get it in where I work but it's very sporadic. You kind of have to be there first thing on the days our orders come in to get it. I'd ask someone at the store what days the orders come in then go early those days & hopefully you'll be able to get some of those items 🤞 🤞

bee

Original Poster
We haven’t been doing much more cooking (2 kids...) but did bake challah today!
View attachment 469299
It’s something we used to do more often pre-kids. Yay for quarantine?
that one braid was wonky, but they tasted ok.
Your limoncello looks so good.
Looks great! We’ve never made challah. The limoncello tastes soooo good and it was easy to make! We used Giada’s recipe but used less sugar to make it a little less sweet.

I want to do a lot of baking but I have held myself in restraint. I don't need the sugar/carbs or calories. But I have been trying to do a new recipe a week. I think I might ramp up the new recipe game here next week. Oh I did find some chocolate cake I had frozen in our downstairs freezer and that satisfied my need for cake for a bit.
So true! The first couple of weeks we were definitely eating our feelings. But now we’ve gotten into a better rhythm with cooking and we are actually eating better than before (minus the baking, haha!).

Are you finding baking items in the store?? We have no flour, no yeast, hardly even any boxed mixes!

But, that all looks really impressive! 👏
We couldn’t find any early on but the last two times we’ve been to Aldi we have found what we needed. We always go in the morning on weekdays. Yesterday we even found a 12 pack of toilet paper!

I'll only fly JetBlue. But I was much happier with them before they added the extra seats to their rows and started charging for checked baggage.
Well we *might* fly them one day!

Very impressive @bee ! Haven't had much time for baking between working and a teething toddler, although I do enjoy baking now and then. The upside to this whole situation is that since I'm working crazy shifts, P has been making dinner 5-6 days a week and my mom (who lives down the street) has been trying Great British Bake Off recipes and dropping off the ones I can have (gluten free)! Kudos to you and M for braving new recipes!
Looove Great British Bake Off! I want to make the coffee and walnut cake I’ve seen before on the show. Or really, I want M to make it!

We get it in where I work but it's very sporadic. You kind of have to be there first thing on the days our orders come in to get it. I'd ask someone at the store what days the orders come in then go early those days & hopefully you'll be able to get some of those items 🤞 🤞
Good to know! Thanks for sharing!

bee

Original Poster
Welp, we have started cancelling reservations to get refunds. We knew it was coming but it still stings a little bit.

Therefore, time for MORE FOOD PHOTOS!

5C867742-4599-40F3-9646-2473E1215DDF.jpeg
7FD91EEB-B8F8-48C9-BF05-2F4B348B34C8.jpeg
A79C1D2C-69AD-476F-9436-867669102DEB.jpeg
12943374-27D1-4833-8A61-9647DC20A445.jpeg
8B3B0F73-FEAF-4838-B953-4AAE39509640.jpeg
32E5AF05-7877-4FC7-A57E-5004236AF2B0.jpeg
1BE0A0AA-8782-4623-B080-956FB7F35239.jpeg
F4E25A45-A4E4-48CE-B8BC-2ADE727D54E9.jpeg
60BD6D20-2B39-45EE-A10F-01ABB5DAD476.jpeg

Potato leek soup made by me, inspired by Disney (Rose and Crown, BOG, etc.)

Raspberry ricotta lemon cake made by M

“Chicken” enchiladas with sour cream sauce

AND

Homemade pizza!

LeighM

It's such a sad feeling! I'm going to cancel/reschedule my rescheduled August trip. I also don't want to be one of the first guinea pigs to be let back into the park. I'm too high risk to chance it with how everything is looking right now. Plus, I know my asthma will not allow me to wear a mask in FL in August lol. I've already cancelled the ADRs, flight, and pet sitter. But, because I have the free dining offer for the cancelled April trip, I'm waiting until closer to the date to cancel the resort reservation to see what Disney does. If I can't make it back the week after Thanksgiving, I'll just wait until 2021 for whatever 50th celebration they are planning on.

MickeyCB

Welp, we have started cancelling reservations to get refunds. We knew it was coming but it still stings a little bit.

Therefore, time for MORE FOOD PHOTOS!

View attachment 469966View attachment 469967View attachment 469968View attachment 469969View attachment 469970View attachment 469971View attachment 469972View attachment 469973View attachment 469974

Potato leek soup made by me, inspired by Disney (Rose and Crown, BOG, etc.)

Raspberry ricotta lemon cake made by M

“Chicken” enchiladas with sour cream sauce

AND

Homemade pizza!
The food looks incredible, but I'm sad for you for your cancellations. ☹

bee

Original Poster
Welp, we have received the final refund for the June trip. Luckily for us JetBlue changed our return flight by more than two hours so we were entitled to an actual refund instead of a travel credit. It took quite a while of waiting on hold and talking to various departments, but we took care of it last week and the actual refund went through today.

It is looking more and more likely that we will get refunds for our APs instead of trying to go during the extension period. We took a walk around our neighborhood the other day and it was only 72 degrees but with masks on we were soooooo hot. I can’t imagine going to Disney in Florida weather and wearing a mask. Obviously I fully support and agree with the mask policy but this means we probably won’t go until a vaccine is available.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Welp, we have received the final refund for the June trip. Luckily for us JetBlue changed our return flight by more than two hours so we were entitled to an actual refund instead of a travel credit. It took quite a while of waiting on hold and talking to various departments, but we took care of it last week and the actual refund went through today.

It is looking more and more likely that we will get refunds for our APs instead of trying to go during the extension period. We took a walk around our neighborhood the other day and it was only 72 degrees but with masks on we were soooooo hot. I can’t imagine going to Disney in Florida weather and wearing a mask. Obviously I fully support and agree with the mask policy but this means we probably won’t go until a vaccine is available.
I'm torn between a like and a sad face. Happy face for being responsible, sad face for not being able to go.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Obviously I fully support and agree with the mask policy but this means we probably won’t go until a vaccine is available.

After seeing the news report of how the general public was acting at lakes and beaches over the weekend, I have little faith in people being courteous at the parks. We’ve seen how they act on any given day at the park, but add a mask requirement, and I feel for Disney security already. 😞😢

I, too, will feel better for a vaccine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom