Pre-Trip The "I hope this trip happens but who knows because of coronavirus" trip

Where to begin?

You all know what's going on in the world. It's affecting all of us in many different ways. I spent the first week or so feeling not much more than despair and sadness, but I am trying to focus on and appreciate the positives. For example, my dear M is able to work from home and therefore doesn't have to get up as early and deal with her usual commute. We both have more time to cook (which we really enjoy doing!) and try new recipes. We live in a spacious apartment with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. We have everything we really *need* and much more.

And, part of staying positive is dreaming of Disney.

The original version of this trip takes place in June, so that's what I'll post about for now. Though I *think* the parks will be open by then, we may postpone to the fall, depending on how long the parks are closed and how many days get added to our APs. They are set to expire August 21, but with the currently announced closure we'll have about two weeks added, and there's no way the parks won't be closed longer.

I'll post more details in the following post(s). In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy!!!

99-998011_mickey-mouse-love-heart-www-imgkid-com-the.png

bee

Original Poster
All right, let’s get going with some plans. If we go in June this will be the basic outline, and if we need to postpone we hope to keep a lot of the same activities.

Dates: Sunday, June 14-Sunday, June 21
Hotel: WDW Swan (where else 😄)
Cast: Me, M, probably FIL and MIL, possibly my bro Jay
Tickets: APs
Flights: Southwest and (for the first time ever) JETBLUE 😱

Had this been a normal TR and NOT a quarantine TR I would have called it something like “The Free Trip (Thanks to Points!)." The reason that we can afford this trip is that we will be paying for a lot of it with points. I have booked the Swan stay entirely with my Marriott points, which is super exciting! The one Southwest flight was bought entirely with points we have accumulated, except for the $5.60 mandatory fee for each passenger. We paid for the JetBlue flight and we will pay for a few Lyft rides but other than that our transportation is covered.

Now you have all read my rants about Southwest ceasing all flights to Newark in my previous TRs. So we will be traveling to ISP (hey @Darstarr) for the flight to Florida because we were able to use points. But for our return flight we absolutely want to land at Newark so we can take a short Lyft ride home after our trip, so we are trying JetBlue for the very first time.

So the biggest actual expense will be food once we at at WDW. We will have a good amount of Disney Dollars by the time we go and we are planning to get another Disney gift card from Target for 5% off.

The next post will have some more specifics.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

Fingers crossed for you! We’ve got a Fourth of July trip planned and I’m going to be a mess if it doesn’t happen. Obviously health and safety is more important than vacation, but I’ll still be so sad. So I’m really really hoping yours goes off without a hitch! Both for the fantastic trip report and because probably my trip will still happen.

Spash007

All right, let’s get going with some plans. If we go in June this will be the basic outline, and if we need to postpone we hope to keep a lot of the same activities.

Dates: Sunday, June 14-Sunday, June 21
Hotel: WDW Swan (where else 😄)
Cast: Me, M, probably FIL and MIL, possibly my bro Jay
Tickets: APs
Flights: Southwest and (for the first time ever) JETBLUE 😱

Had this been a normal TR and NOT a quarantine TR I would have called it something like “The Free Trip (Thanks to Points!). The reason that we can afford this trip is that we will be paying for a lot of it with points. I have booked the Swan stay entirely with my Marriott points, which is super exciting! The one Southwest flight was bought entirely with points we have accumulated, except for the $5.60 mandatory fee for each passenger. We paid for the JetBlue flight and we will pay for a few Lyft rides but other than that our transportation is covered.

Now you have all read my rants about Southwest ceasing all flights to Newark in my previous TRs. So we will be traveling to ISP (hey @Darstarr) for the flight to Florida because we were able to use points. But for our return flight we absolutely want to land at Newark so we can take a short Lyft ride home after our trip, so we are trying JetBlue for the very first time.

So the biggest actual expense will be food once we at at WDW. We will have a good amount of Disney Dollars by the time we go and we are planning to get another Disney gift card from Target for 5% off.

The next post will have some more specifics.

I love JetBlue! They're starting to increase their flights by us, so I'm really hoping to use them more often

Disstevefan1

Where to begin?

You all know what's going on in the world. It's affecting all of us in many different ways. I spent the first week or so feeling not much more than despair and sadness, but I am trying to focus on and appreciate the positives. For example, my dear M is able to work from home and therefore doesn't have to get up as early and deal with her usual commute. We both have more time to cook (which we really enjoy doing!) and try new recipes. We live in a spacious apartment with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. We have everything we really *need* and much more.

And, part of staying positive is dreaming of Disney.

The original version of this trip takes place in June, so that's what I'll post about for now. Though I *think* the parks will be open by then, we may postpone to the fall, depending on how long the parks are closed and how many days get added to our APs. They are set to expire August 21, but with the currently announced closure we'll have about two weeks added, and there's no way the parks won't be closed longer.

I'll post more details in the following post(s). In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy!!!

99-998011_mickey-mouse-love-heart-www-imgkid-com-the.png

WDW closed on Mar 16, If we are lucky, they are due to open on June 1, that adds (correction) 76 days to your AP.

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Fingers crossed for you! We’ve got a Fourth of July trip planned and I’m going to be a mess if it doesn’t happen. Obviously health and safety is more important than vacation, but I’ll still be so sad. So I’m really really hoping yours goes off without a hitch! Both for the fantastic trip report and because probably my trip will still happen.
I hope your trip works out too!!

I’m so hopeful for you!!!!

we all need something positive to look forward to :)
Thank you! Here's hoping!

I love JetBlue! They're starting to increase their flights by us, so I'm really hoping to use them more often
I have only heard good things about JetBlue so I'm hoping we'll have a great experience.

If your June trip happens and if my June trip happens we will be arriving the day you leave. :confused:
I couldn't decide how to react to your post. Thumbs up for hoping it happens? Sad face for missing each other? In the end I went with thumbs up!

WDW closed on Mar 16, If we are lucky, they are due to open on June 1, that adds 46 days to your AP.
Shouldn't that be 76 days? Part of March, all of April, all of May? Either way I won't be mad about extra days added!

:joyfull:

Disstevefan1

I hope your trip works out too!!

Thank you! Here's hoping!

I have only heard good things about JetBlue so I'm hoping we'll have a great experience.

I couldn't decide how to react to your post. Thumbs up for hoping it happens? Sad face for missing each other? In the end I went with thumbs up!

Shouldn't that be 76 days? Part of March, all of April, all of May? Either way I won't be mad about extra days added!

:joyfull:

Oh, YES, I skipped a month when counting !!! all of May too!! Woo Hoo! Indeed, 76 days added if they open on June 1.

One thing I was wondering about the AP renewal dates. In this special case of the park being closed due to Corona, will the date for renewal remain in August, or will it move with the new Use date?

I would not put it past Disney to keep the renewal date at August even though the current pass use date has moved.

bee

Original Poster
Time for plans!

Sunday, June 14
  • Morning train ride to Long Island
  • Early afternoon flight to MCO
  • Lyft to Swan
  • Walk to Epcot, dinner somewhere in Epcot

Monday, June 15

• Early wakeup for Rise!
  • Walk to Hollywood Studios, hope for a good Boarding Group!
  • Flexible the rest of the day depending on how the morning goes

Tuesday, June 16
  • No definite plans during the day, probably some Epcot time
  • Dinner: Spirit of Aloha! We have never done any of the dinner shows at WDW and Hoop Dee Doo doesn't really appeal to us, so we are trying SoA!
  • Monorail to Epcot to perhaps catch the end of night EMH

Wednesday, June 17
  • Probably sleep in and go to Epcot
  • Lunch: Jiko Wine Tasting! Yes this isn't teeeeeeechincally lunch, but last time we did this there was a substantial amount of food involved
  • Evening EMH at MK

Thursday, June 18
  • No definite plans, except for checking out the Riviera Resort, and...
  • Dinner: Topolino's Terrace

Friday, June 19
There is literally nothing on my planning spreadsheet for this day, haha

Saturday, June 20
  • Probably Epcot
  • Dinner: hopefully, Disney will open up reservations for the Celebration at the Top event. We loved it in August and it would be a great last night dinner

Sunday, June 21
  • Sleep in and check out late (thanks, Marriott Gold Elite status!)
  • Lyft to MCO
  • Mid-afternoon flight to EWR on JETBLUE!
  • Lyft home

Hula Baloo

Hoping you will make it! Looking forward to your trip report!
Had to cancel my Disneyland trip for March 23 and looking like my April 30th trip to WDW will be canceled too. Glad I have a November trip planned. Staying at Boardwalk after reading one of your previous trip reports.

bee

Original Poster
Fingers crossed!!! :D
Thank you!

And roadies!!!
Yesssss! 🍻 🍻 🍻

I have a June trip planned as well. 9th - 16th
Praying that this virus is under control by then!
I certainly hope it is, not just for the sake of our trips, but for the sake of everyday life!

Hoping you will make it! Looking forward to your trip report!
Had to cancel my Disneyland trip for March 23 and looking like my April 30th trip to WDW will be canceled too. Glad I have a November trip planned. Staying at Boardwalk after reading one of your previous trip reports.
Sorry to hear about your cancelled trips. I hope you love the Boardwalk!

Plans look great! Hope you're able to make this trip!
Thank you!

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 for you!
Thank you!

MickeyCB

Fingers crossed for you!
Didn't you say on some previous trip report you weren't going to be going again for awhile? Or did I not read that correctly?
I had a bet with myself (and I won), that you would be going again and writing another fun trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom