Trip Report The "I Can't See!!" Trip Report

Welcome everyone!! I'm so excited to get started on this TR!! I wanted to start it a week or so ago but life gets in the way.... I finally have some time to devote to this so here we go!!!

WHO: "The same old, same old crew": myself, my nephew J & my sister E

WHERE: The usual:) Port Orleans Riverside

WHEN: Sunday, February 3rd-Thursday, February 7th

THE REASON FOR THE TITLE:
All this and I still couldn't see!!:arghh: My vision issues came into play many times during this trip.

To explain this a bit.....
A few weeks before the trip I went for my yearly eye exam. My doctor said my eyes were extremely dry so she prescribed me steroid drops to take for a week. When I went back a week later she said I could order glasses but wanted me to try different contacts before I ordered them. She felt given my dry eyes my best bet was going to be contacts that are disposed of daily(they're awesome but not cheap in the least). She gave me a bunch of samples but unfortunately she didn't have any samples in the multifocals. She said that I would have to use readers with the contacts since the samples were only for distance. But her main concern at that point was figuring out which contacts would be most comfortable for me. My new glasses came in three days before we left so I was able to have them but to be totally honest--I ABSOLUTELY HATE WEARING GLASSES. Reasons: Can't wear sunglasses, get spotted in the rain, fog up when you go from the cold into the heat, & the biggest thing for me--my perception(esp. walking down steps) is totally different with glasses--you don't know how many times I trip when I have them on!! I've worn contacts since high school so I'm used to them & that's what I prefer. I will admit for years I would sleep with them in, wake up, squirt some saline in my eyes & I was good to go. If you're reading this & have that habit please stop it now. It's what caused my dry eyes & even though it's not the worst problem to have it's still not comfortable.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND
I was double checking my suitcase & happened to jump on MDE. It was like deja vu(this happened when we were there in September also). E & J's reservation was showing but mine was nowhere to be found.

I closed out, opened the app again then was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD
I was awakened shortly after midnight by a text from E. Uh-oh, trouble already & we haven't left yet!!

Keep in mind my last text to her--it will come into play later!!

When I got up that morning it hit me like a ton of bricks'"If she doesn't have luggage tags she's not set up for ME then either". I texted her to let her know that but she never responded. Our flight wasn't leaving until 1:45 that afternoon so she & I both went to work that morning. We ran into each other at Starbucks(what's the chances of that:hilarious:)on our way to our works. I asked her if she saw the text I sent her that morning & she said no. I told her she probably was going to have an issue with the ME. She said she would call them after she took care of a few things at work.

We left at 11:45 for the airport. We wanted to leave a little earlier but E's husband didn't think it was necessary since it was a Sunday & there wouldn't be too much traffic and b/c we had TSA Precheck.
J's excited to go!!

J & I couldn't really talk on the way to the airport. E & her husband are both funeral directors and they were both on their phones making arrangements for two different families at the same time. Those conversations sounded pretty interesting let me tell you....
Side note:the best is when we're in line for something at Disney & she's on the phone with work & says something like "Did someone pick him up from the morgue yet?" You should see the looks she gets!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

E hard at work....

I bet you can tell which suitcase is mine.

We bid farewell to E's husband & headed to the non existent TSA Precheck line!!

BuckyMom

1" of Rain = 12" of snow (approx). I'll take the rain at this point....I've had enough of the white stuff this winter. Great report, your pictures are wonderful. Makes me want to walk to Riverside every morning when I'm at POFQ in June. And J is the cutest thing ever. What a lucky guy to have a great Mom and Aunt to take him to Disney (and buy him jelly beans).

LisaBelle

Loved your report! Between you and @Longers you’ve got me covinced that I should definitely stay at Riverside some day! It’s so picturesque and seems to have a very relaxing laid back vibe.
Thanks for sharing your trip. Looking forward to your next adventure.

KBLovedDisney

While packing up I watched the must do's for the last time. On a side note, I always get bummed when, for example, I've already been to AK for the trip. Even though I still may have 5 days left in my stay I'm sad when I see the must do's for a park that I'm not going back to. Am I strange?? I'm hoping there are at least a few of you out there that feel the way I do.
View attachment 355507
I get the exact same way! Like the day after going to Magic Kingdom, while getting dressed and getting ready to go to another park, I watch this and see Magic Kingdom stuffs again. And then I immediately miss it and just want to go back.

riverside

Original Poster
JUST A FEW MORE PICS.....

I bought this for my mom & one of the cups was cracked when I got it home. I guess I shouldn't have put it in my checked luggage. I told her I will replace it when I go back.

I just wanted to share this little fella with you. My grandma bought this for me at WDW when I was a toddler in the mid 70's . He still sits on my bed to this day!!

And just in case you were wondering I can see now!! I have a year's supply of multifocal daily disposable contacts. They really are great for dry eyes!!

Well, just like that another TR is over. As always, many,many thanks to everyone for reading, commenting & liking my posts. It really adds to the fun of writing these!!

I'm excited to do the next one(& the trip itself of course!!). Our next adventure to Disney was planned for a specific purpose(as if one really needs a reason to go) & I look forward to sharing that with you soon!! 18 days & counting!!!

Rista1313

JUST A FEW MORE PICS.....

I bought this for my mom & one of the cups was cracked when I got it home. I guess I shouldn't have put it in my checked luggage. I told her I will replace it when I go back.
View attachment 356450

I just wanted to share this little fella with you. My grandma bought this for me at WDW when I was a toddler in the mid 70's . He still sits on my bed to this day!!
View attachment 356451

And just in case you were wondering I can see now!! I have a year's supply of multifocal daily disposable contacts. They really are great for dry eyes!!
View attachment 356452

Well, just like that another TR is over. As always, many,many thanks to everyone for reading, commenting & liking my posts. It really adds to the fun of writing these!!

I'm excited to do the next one(& the trip itself of course!!). Our next adventure to Disney was planned for a specific purpose(as if one really needs a reason to go) & I look forward to sharing that with you soon!! 18 days & counting!!!

I always enjoy your TR's... can't wait for the next one!

riverside

Original Poster
Tell my Disney Boyfriend “Happy Birthday!”
My exact words to J were:"J do you remember Em that you met in Disney World? She told me to tell you, her Disney Boyfriend, Happy Birthday" He smiled and turned about 10 shades of red!!
Great Selfies!!

Max
Thanks Max!!
I might be just as sad as you that it is over. As for J turning his head when you were trying to take his picture? I am just going to say: and so it begins. ;)
Awww, thanks!! I notice my nephews do things like that as they get older but the girls really don't. I guess it's a boy thing?
Saw this on Facebook recently....pretty accurate for here
That's hysterical but unfortunately so true!! Have you ever noticed that traffic can almost come to a standstill in this town when it rains? It's ridiculous. It seems like people drive better in the snow around here than the rain.
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
1" of Rain = 12" of snow (approx). I'll take the rain at this point....I've had enough of the white stuff this winter. Great report, your pictures are wonderful. Makes me want to walk to Riverside every morning when I'm at POFQ in June. And J is the cutest thing ever. What a lucky guy to have a great Mom and Aunt to take him to Disney (and buy him jelly beans).
R almost gets road rage anymore when he's driving in the rain. All he does is complain of how sick of it he is. I keep telling him the same thing--be glad it's not snow. At least you don't have to shovel rain!! Thanks so much!! It's really a nice walk & very enjoyable. Who knows--maybe we could walk together one day. I'll be at POR in June also!! I don't know if J is lucky or not--he has no choice but to go b/c of the Disney nuts that we are!!
I was definitely singing this song in my head as I read the report lol
You & me both!!
Loved your report! Between you and @Longers you’ve got me covinced that I should definitely stay at Riverside some day! It’s so picturesque and seems to have a very relaxing laid back vibe.
Thanks for sharing your trip. Looking forward to your next adventure.
Thank you very much!! It's ironic that I like it so much b/c it does have a very relaxing vibe & I am quite the opposite. I'm very high strung & pretty much don't sit still all that often.

Thanks for reading!! I'm looking forward to it also!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ TR again!
:inlove::inlove::inlove: Awww-thank you so much!! You are too kind!!
Loved your report and can't wait for the next one!
Thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
Thanks for sharing your trip! Loved it and looking forward to the next one.
You're more than welcome & thanks for reading!!
I get the exact same way! Like the day after going to Magic Kingdom, while getting dressed and getting ready to go to another park, I watch this and see Magic Kingdom stuffs again. And then I immediately miss it and just want to go back.
I figured I wasn't the only one who feels that way!!
Loved it can't wait to read your next one!
Thank you very much!!
Port Orleans is def my go-to hotel! I just wish they didn't take away the Riverside song that they would play at the meal court :(
Wow--that's been awhile since I heard that. I forgot all about it!!

riverside

Original Poster
Great TR from @riverside as always!!

Thanks for sharing

Liking forward to the next one

Max
Thank you Max!! :)

I just got an email today(I work in the grocery industry) that due to recent divestiture Robin Hood Flour will no longer be available in the US. The flour is a big name in this area & it's about the only one my mom uses. She will be quite upset when I give her the news. The last sentence in the email is "This will have no impact on the Canadian Robin Hood Baking Business" Just curious of how popular it is in Canada?

AKemily

I got her jelly beans this time.
As a huge Harry Potter fan, I must inform you that those aren't just jelly beans, they're Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. While they have the normal flavours such as strawberry, cinnamon, and lemon drop, they also have vomit, dirt, and booger 😂 The rotten egg one is the worst thing I have ever tasted.🤢 I have had a box of those on my shelf for a few years that I have not dared to open. It is now purely decorative :hilarious:

Great report as always!! :inlove:

amjt660

Premium Member
Thank you Max!! :)

I just got an email today(I work in the grocery industry) that due to recent divestiture Robin Hood Flour will no longer be available in the US. The flour is a big name in this area & it's about the only one my mom uses. She will be quite upset when I give her the news. The last sentence in the email is "This will have no impact on the Canadian Robin Hood Baking Business" Just curious of how popular it is in Canada?
I am not a baker but I think Robin Hood flour is still popular in Canada - I still see it on the shelves

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom