The Hulk at WDW - Confused co-worker

jasonchas

Original Poster
I had to hold back laughter yesterday when a co-worker was telling me about her recent trip to WDW. She and her boyfriend also went to Universal while in central Fl. Obviously she isn’t a die hard Disney fan like us, she kept mixing up Universal attractions with WDW attractions. I’m convinced she thinks it’s the same place. Do you know any one like this?

TheOneVader

It's amazing people get them confused, but I know some people like that, too. I mean really, WDW and USF are 15 minutes apart, not to mention Disney is plastered all over WDW, and Universal is plastered all over USF.

e4ymod

Not quite. But my mom calls the Magic Kingdom "Disney". All the other parks' names she knows, but I've never heard her say Magic Kingdom.

Jonmar03

Its Hysterical

I totally here all of you. I know so many people that do that all the time and I just want to hit them some times. I mean, its completely different. Bothers me so much. But what can you do, at least they make the effort to get down there. Stay Real.

Since1976

If you've only been to Orlando once, it's easy for the entire theme park experience to become a blur.

Thinking back on my early childhood trips to WDW, I used to get parts of Horizons and World of Motion and Spaceship Earth confused. Also, not being familiar with the films they were based on, I was unable to "place" some of my memories of Snow White's Adventures, Peter Pan's Flight, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

My wife got Tower of Terror and The Haunted Mansion confused, having only been down to WDW once before our most recent trip.

True, mixing up Disney rides with non-Disney rides is a different story -- but you have to remember that Disney-MGM Studios is full of references to non-Disney properties as well.

Denscott

jasonchas said:
I had to hold back laughter yesterday when a co-worker was telling me about her recent trip to WDW. She and her boyfriend also went to Universal while in central Fl. Obviously she isn’t a die hard Disney fan like us, she kept mixing up Universal attractions with WDW attractions. I’m convinced she thinks it’s the same place. Do you know any one like this?

My friend and his wife went down to both in the summer. They insisted that they got their phot taken with Scooby Doo at the Magic Kingdom. I tried to correct them but they were adament so I finally gave up. This was the first trip to WDW for them and they ended up taking 7 photos total of all 4 parks and Universal Orlando...weird! :confused:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
e4ymod said:
Not quite. But my mom calls the Magic Kingdom "Disney". All the other parks' names she knows, but I've never heard her say Magic Kingdom.

nighttimewisher said:
My family are the same..MK is Disney in their eyes.

Many of us old timers remember a time when MK was Walt Disney World. On my first trip to WDW the only things that existed on that 47 square miles of land were MK the Contemporary and the Poly and maybe FW and WL.

executivechef

I'm sitting here laughing at the posts....My family is taking a vacation to Florida this May. My brother Brian is coming with us. His first time to Disney!!!
He's so excited he has every park mixed with the other...If not for the videos that are posted on this site I'd be going nuts trying to explain all the rides to him!
After he watches a video has asks...Now what park is that in?...I'm gonna print up the maps for him...I think it's best for him to view and keep me from going crazy!

DisneyFanLS

This one person I know keeps getting Disney-MGM Studios confused with Universal Studios (I guess because they're BOTH movie studio named) but that person CONSTANTLY gets the rides confused for both parks!!!

Then there is another person who EVERY time I talk about going to WDW, he ALWAYS asks.."Do you guys stay inside the park??" That just KILLS me when people think of WDW as ONE BIG PARK!!! They're SO naive!!! :drevil: :rolleyes:

disneymoc

Master Yoda said:
Many of us old timers remember a time when MK was Walt Disney World. On my first trip to WDW the only things that existed on that 47 square miles of land were MK the Contemporary and the Poly and maybe FW and WL.

I thought WL was built in the mid 90s.

TheOneVader

TAC said:
Why does it really matter to anyone?

Because you are a Disney expert, that means you are allowed to riducule anyone that isn't ? Do you take your car to the service shop or mechanic and say, "It's making a funny sound," or "the doohickey doesn't work." ? If so, I'm sure your mechanic makes fun of you behind your back as well.

Why not take your Disney knowledge and offer help plan that person's next WDW trip? Show them a Birnbaum's book and let them borrow it and read it and learn about WDW, and what all the attractions are. Give them tips on how to save money, when to go, where to stay, how to get the most out of their trip.

Have a magical day. :wave:

Everyone is a genius about one thing, but totally knowledgeless (If that's a word) about other things. I dont think there's anything wrong with laughing at soemone getting soemthing about WDW wrong, because we're all getting laughed at by said auto mechanics and other people who know a lot about a topic.

LSUxStitch

...Not everyone cares for Disney like we do...'nuff said.

BTW, I didn't find it all that funny b/c I get things other than Disney mixed up too. Everyone has faults.

robynchic

Just on the topic of stupid mixups...

I once heard about a guy that had a Donald Duck tattoo on his arm, saying "You're my favorite, Daffy! I love you, man!" Then Donald showed the guy his autograph. I doubt that guy ever confused the two again

Merlin

Account Suspended
Master Yoda said:

Well, if WL was there already, then so was Epcot, MGM, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island, and quite a few of the other hotels. FW has been there since the beginning though. Also, not to get too nitpicky, but back when it was just MK, FW, Poly, and Contemporary, the property was only 43 square miles. They purchased the extra acreage in the mid-90's.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
For the sake of being even more nit-pickey. The TTC is a place of it's own, and thus has also been there since the begining. Changes have occured of course ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom