Trip Report The Holiday Humdinger *COMPLETED*

I can't believe the Summer of @Tuvalu is over! Is there going to be a holiday humdinger trip report?!!

I couldn’t disappoint a very expectant mama-to-be, now could I? Especially one who was kind enough to provide the title for this trip report!

So here you go, @krisri18......and anyone else who’d like to follow along on yet another Tuvalu WDW adventure, HOLIDAY STYLE.

I plan on posting live updates and will write an expanded report (“Part Tu” @Tony the Tigger 😊) once I return home. After all, what else will I have to do in December? 😉😂

Who: Tuvalu and Woody

56D313FD-2A11-4060-AB49-F55EC4FE0F82.jpeg

When: November 27 - December 3, 2018
Where: I shouldn’t even have to tell you. My 🎄go-to.

So be on the lookout for us, @DisneyShe, @slipperalwaysfits @mcstensrud. We’ve packed our sweaters and jeans for the chilly weekdays (highs only near 60, lows in the 40s ~ WTH??) and our shorts and tees for the unseasonably warm weekend (highs in the 80s). Yeah, that 30 degree temperature swing isn’t going to help the colds Woody and I are starting with.....

But we’re going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Songbird76

I've had this happen a few times. The worst was at The American Adventure. The dad felt the need to teach his son everything he knew about American history, and talked all the way through the attraction: "When George Washington was voted at our first president, blah de blah de blah . . ." and "Chief Joseph went on to become gibber-jabber-gibber. . ." It was really annoying! I gave him the stink-eye a couple times, but he just stared back at me and then continued with the lesson.
Was his information at least accurate? I find a lot of times with the know-it-all types, they don't actually know what they are talking about and are just trying to sound like they do. Like, a friend of mine who was telling me all about World War I....you know...the one with the Nazis. And when I told her it was World War II that had the holocaust and the Nazis, she said no, it was the first one...her dad was a history teacher, so she should know. :banghead: And another friend of mine informed me that Wyoming doesn't have any national parks, and I said yes we do, we have Yellowstone, and he told me that was in California. :banghead::banghead: No....that's Yosemite.
As annoying as it is to have someone doing a play by play, I'd be much more annoyed if the "facts" are wrong.

LisaBelle

Em and I beat Woody to our dinner destination.

View attachment 341500

We could not check in until he arrived, which was a few minutes past our ADR time. We got paged immediately and were led to the same 3-top table we always get stuck with at ‘Ohana ~ awkwardly in the aisle, across from the kitchen. I hate this table but did not fuss since it was Em’s birthday.

Before our server even arrived we had our bread, salad and appetizers ~ not because our server was slow or delayed, but because a runner literally dumped our food on the table as we sat down. This pretty much set the tone for the meal...rush, rush, RUSH!

View attachment 341501

View attachment 341502

View attachment 341503

What made it especially ironic was that it looked like geriatric servers night at ‘Ohana. We didn’t see anyone working who was under AARP-age. So when the first skewer arrived before our drinks I wanted to scream, “SLOW DOWN!”

Our server wasn’t overly friendly and was bothered that we did not want any shrimp. She kept forcing the meats on us, as if she feared we were going hungry. (No, we would like a moment to digest our food, thank you!) The food itself was fine, though the Polynesian Twilight Feast Woody and I had delivered to our room in August was better.

Our plates were cleared and Em was surprised by the second cupcake of the day.
View attachment 341504
We did not sing this time.

Knowing Em doesn’t share cupcakes 😉, Woody and I dived into the bread pudding.

View attachment 341505

Like @LisaBelle, I’m not in a rush to return to ‘Ohana. While we’ve had some good meals over the years, more often we’ve come away, meh. And ‘Ohana is much too expensive for meh.

We took the monorail to the MK and were happy to find a bus waiting to whisk us back to the Lodge.

For the last time from our balcony.....Holiday Wishes.
View attachment 341499
Thanks to a snow day I am finally getting caught up on my TR reading.
I loved the picture of the macaroni ornament at Toy Story Land! My class makes them every year!
I was surprised that you didn't get the steak at Mama Melrose :jawdrop:!
Sorry you had the same rushed experience at 'Ohana. You are spot on when you say that 'Ohana is way too expensive for meh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom