Trip Report The Holiday Humdinger *COMPLETED*

I can't believe the Summer of @Tuvalu is over! Is there going to be a holiday humdinger trip report?!!

I couldn’t disappoint a very expectant mama-to-be, now could I? Especially one who was kind enough to provide the title for this trip report!

So here you go, @krisri18......and anyone else who’d like to follow along on yet another Tuvalu WDW adventure, HOLIDAY STYLE.

I plan on posting live updates and will write an expanded report (“Part Tu” @Tony the Tigger 😊) once I return home. After all, what else will I have to do in December? 😉😂

Who: Tuvalu and Woody

56D313FD-2A11-4060-AB49-F55EC4FE0F82.jpeg

When: November 27 - December 3, 2018
Where: I shouldn’t even have to tell you. My 🎄go-to.

So be on the lookout for us, @DisneyShe, @slipperalwaysfits @mcstensrud. We’ve packed our sweaters and jeans for the chilly weekdays (highs only near 60, lows in the 40s ~ WTH??) and our shorts and tees for the unseasonably warm weekend (highs in the 80s). Yeah, that 30 degree temperature swing isn’t going to help the colds Woody and I are starting with.....

But we’re going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Figment Forever

Bummer! What was Julia doing in our fair city?

She was selected to be a delegate from New York State at National 4-H Congress which took place in Atlanta at the Hyatt Regency. It was the first time she ever traveled without us or immediate family - she had a chaperone from our county. She left on Thanksgiving morning and will return tonight. Or should I say in the wee hours of the morning since her flight ended up delayed almost 2 hours and I just got the text that are leaving Newark now. I can't wait to see her!!! So here I sit eating chips & drinking coffee and making sure I stay awake so I can go pick her up when they get back home. I'm thinking it's a good time to catch up on my TR reading!

BTW, one of the things the kids did for their community service work was to go into an elementary school and do various activities with the students. I almost told her to check in the classrooms for a Tsum Tsum collection, and if she spotted one to ask if the teacher was @TrolleyFollower91 But she was so nervous as it is, I didn't want to give her any extra tasks! lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Boo!! On a side note, I love that Woody photo documented the ordeal so you could add to your trip report!
Would’ve rather had a big smile on my face as Mickey turned green.....

The expressions on the 2 CMs does not bode well...
Nope! :bored:

Can't like that one...sorry. :confused: I hope they were a little more expedient than last time.
We waited almost 45 minutes.....so a bit shorter than August and a lot shorter than my 2 hour phone ordeal with IT in September. Still unacceptable for something that is not my fault!

Oh my goodness honey! Hope it is the last time you have to deal with it this trip!
I’m scared the issue isn’t over. Guess I’ll find out later today when I attempt park entry.

:hilarious:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to (snort) laugh (drinking milk) at your misfortune . . . :cautious:
But what is it with you and the non-Magic bands?! :jawdrop: You're their number one customer--surely, they could grant some Shirley status and fix this ongoing issue, for once and for all, for a VIP guest?! :banghead:
I can't believe the trouble you have with with magic bands I agree with @MinnieM123 as Disney's number 1 customer you need some Shirley status with this.
Where is #ShirleyStatus when I need it most??!! :arghh: And I understand your laughter, @MinnieM123 ~ I laughed at first, but was close to tears as we continued to wait at Guest Relations and precious park minutes slipped away....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
And....
You can also watch the nighttime pyrotechnics from your room too
;);););)
#ohyeahiwentthere
Max
Thanks for the chuckle! (Even though it was really at @TrolleyFollower91 ‘s expense.)

How did it miss this! Have the best time and enjoy soaking in all the Christmas.
Kelly
Thanks, Kelly! 😊

I'm here!
For once I'm not jealous to be in Australia... that weather is WAYYY to cold for my liking!!! :cold:
We are heading into summer here, and today its a beautiful 28 degrees (about 82 for you)

I'm trying to convince my husband to go during Christmas next year. Hopefully your trip report along with @amjt660 later this year will help with that.

Have the best time :D
Jas
Think of me today as you bask in the warmth of summer sun! I hope my and Max’s reports can help convince your hubby to visit WDW during the magical Christmas season.

What was Julia doing in our fair city?
She was selected to be a delegate from New York State at National 4-H Congress which took place in Atlanta at the Hyatt Regency. It was the first time she ever traveled without us or immediate family - she had a chaperone from our county. She left on Thanksgiving morning and will return tonight. Or should I say in the wee hours of the morning since her flight ended up delayed almost 2 hours and I just got the text that are leaving Newark now. I can't wait to see her!!! So here I sit eating chips & drinking coffee and making sure I stay awake so I can go pick her up when they get back home. I'm thinking it's a good time to catch up on my TR reading!

BTW, one of the things the kids did for their community service work was to go into an elementary school and do various activities with the students. I almost told her to check in the classrooms for a Tsum Tsum collection, and if she spotted one to ask if the teacher was @TrolleyFollower91 But she was so nervous as it is, I didn't want to give her any extra tasks! lol
What a wonderful experience for Julia! Hope she is safely back home now.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am so glad it rained on the night of our MNSSHP party.

Because we had a GREAT time at MVMCP last night!

And we didn’t watch a single show, meet any characters, or see the entire parade. Most unbelievable ~ we missed the fireworks!! 😱

Spending time with old friends enhances any experience.....and you don’t even care what you might be “missing.”

0B7300C8-76A4-43BC-9D53-246DBC1E0A25.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, November 28

After a late night at MVMCP, this was supposed to be our sleeping-in morning. Considering I had been awake for 20 hours, I expected to enjoy a good night’s rest.

Yeah, I was up after only 5 hours of sleep.

Part of it was my cold. Part of it was the “back up beeps” from delivery trucks below us. (As great as our distant view is, the downward view is of a delivery area. Apparently being two floors higher helps with noise level, as I was not bothered by it during our June vacation.) Part of it was waking at my normal body-clock time.

But mostly.....I’m at Disney!!!

I’m being quiet as Woody sleeps. One of us should get 8 hours. My deficit may be made up later in the form of a nap.....assuming our room gets serviced. 😉

93boomer

Premium Member
Wednesday, November 28

After a late night at MVMCP, this was supposed to be our sleeping-in morning. Considering I had been awake for 20 hours, I expected to enjoy a good night’s rest.

Yeah, I was up after only 5 hours of sleep.

Part of it was my cold. Part of it was the “back up beeps” from delivery trucks below us. (As great as our distant view is, the downward view is of a delivery area. Apparently being two floors higher helps with noise level, as I was not bothered by it during our June vacation.) Part of it was waking at my normal body-clock time.

But mostly.....I’m at Disney!!!

I’m being quiet as Woody sleeps. One of us should get 8 hours. My deficit may be made up later in the form of a nap.....assuming our room gets serviced. 😉
Have a magical day!!😁

Tony the Tigger

I couldn’t disappoint a very expectant mama-to-be, now could I? Especially one who was kind enough to provide the title for this trip report!

I plan on posting live updates and will write an expanded report (“Part Tu” @Tony the Tigger 😊) once I return home. After all, what else will I have to do in December? 😉😂

But we’re going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

I do love a good humdinger.

Funny thing ~ as we approached the exit for the ATL airport I almost said to Woody, “Just keep driving, let’s skip flying.”

I just now told this to Woody. His response? “I had the same thought!”

Heck, I’ll fly up and chauffeur you down. Give me an excuse!

Everyone needs a straight man.

Well...

Maybe if I need the sink fixed.

BLUE!!! 😡

View attachment 328802

Another CM was summoned over to “help.”
View attachment 328803

Of course he was unable to figure out what is going on. So now we are here.

View attachment 328801

I told you, you cannot register your magic band under “Shirley.”

It’s chilly this morning in Fort Lauderdale! I’m guessing you guys will warm up as the sun does his thing. Should be a comfortable touring day!

This was a near miss - the 3rd is B’s bday. We were almost definitely going up, but decided to be boring, er, fiscally responsible, have a nice dinner here with his Dad, and go back to our old January schedule. (Although I’m not ruling out a day trip Christmas visit if record sales are good!)

Have a super magical time! (Hugs)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom