Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The ominous Stormtrooper March music is scary and I can’t fault Max for being frightened. In fact on our last visit Em commented that she was glad that Stormtroopers weren’t in the park when she was young, because she would have freaked out every time she heard the music (which is once an hour!) and would never have wanted to return to DHS.

susan lees

Day 3 continued
View attachment 284879
Oh hey Donald...:joyfull:
View attachment 284880
View attachment 284881
I was also able to pick up another FP to match with Betta and Max's for.....DUMBO!
View attachment 284882
I got the Mickey ears that Max has on before he was even born (and before we even knew he was a boy actually!).
View attachment 284883
View attachment 284884
This was actually my Dad's first time on Dumbo in any recent years (if he was ever on it - we aren't actually sure)!
View attachment 284885
I could make you look at 1000000 pictures of Max on Dumbo but I won't torture you
He loved it!!! His little face was so darn cute!
View attachment 284887
View attachment 284888

Next up: more Dumbo
Aww so cute. That's what it's all about 😀

slipperalwaysfits

Yes, the STormtrooper music is scary! But I love that Max liked the Stormtroopers! The girl next to you on RNRC makes the same face I do when that thing shoots you like a cannon! o_Oo_O:geek:

I AM SO GLAD I'm not the only one who appreciates the Starbucks cup with Disney on it!! o_O:inlove::inlove::joyfull::joyfull: Starbucks is my pixie dust while I'm there!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
OMG Max is adorable! Love that you were able to capture so many facial expressions of his! Max and Pluto-love it!
Oh I miss Toad at WDW. Someday will get to Disneyland

Bribes work! Bribed my oldest kid to do ToT when she was 6-now one of her favorite rides (she is 20). She got to do a tour "behind the scenes" last fall and meet the orginal bellhop (when she did her first College Program). She is back for the summer and is actually working at Studios this time.

Really like the PP of your mom and dad. Glad to see he got in a few pics lol!

I think we will definitely have to bribe a bit more next trip :joyfull:

I'm so glad Max ended up liking the Stormtroopers. I felt so bad when I saw him crying in the photo. He looked terrified!!

He was so scared!!!! He knows what Stormtroopers are too so I think thats why he wasn't so scared when he finally saw them

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The ominous Stormtrooper March music is scary and I can’t fault Max for being frightened. In fact on our last visit Em commented that she was glad that Stormtroopers weren’t in the park when she was young, because she would have freaked out every time she heard the music (which is once an hour!) and would never have wanted to return to DHS.

You are right it is very ominous !

Aww so cute. That's what it's all about 😀

:joyfull: Thanks

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yes, the STormtrooper music is scary! But I love that Max liked the Stormtroopers! The girl next to you on RNRC makes the same face I do when that thing shoots you like a cannon! o_Oo_O:geek:

I AM SO GLAD I'm not the only one who appreciates the Starbucks cup with Disney on it!! o_O:inlove::inlove::joyfull::joyfull: Starbucks is my pixie dust while I'm there!

I love Starbucks in general so Starbucks and Disney combined = gold :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Back at POFQ we ate some lunch and got ready for the pool.
In case anyone forgot what pizza looks like...my Dad had some :joyfull:
DSC_8958.JPG

Max had zero interest in napping so he went to the pool with Jill, Nick, and my Mom and Dad. Betta went for a quick run and I had to do some work (BORING - work on vacation!) before joining them!
file-37.jpg

fullsizeoutput_192c.jpeg

I really wanted Max to like the kids play area so I could play in there too but he really didn't :joyfull:
I don't think he was too keen on the giant bucket dumping water every few minutes.
DSCF2471.JPG

DSCF2472.JPG

So, we had to graduate to the big pool :hilarious:
DSCF2475.JPG

DSCF2481.JPG

Finally Mommy came back from her run and Max was extra happy
DSCF2488.JPG

DSCF2495.JPG

DSCF2497.JPG

Max had an absolute blast at the pool!
Next up: more pool time

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Some of us enjoyed some cocktails at the pool. Jill and I had prosecco
IMG_6668.JPG

Nick had something but I have no idea what and my Mom had a frozen strawberry margarita
IMG_6670.JPG

file-39.jpg

It was so nice out!
IMG_6676.JPG

It snowed at home the day before so I was extra nice to be out in the sun!
After pool time we headed back to the room to get ready for the evening
IMG_6679.JPG

DSC_8962.jpg

DSC_8972.jpg

DSC_8970.jpg

We were all going our separate ways this evening. My Mom and Dad were going to California Grill (this was my Christmas gift to them), Jill and Nick were going to Victoria and Alberts and Betta, Max, and I were going to the MK!
After saying our goodbyes we headed to the bus stop and we had just missed a MK bus! Max entertained himself by running around.
DSC_8975.jpg

About 20 minutes into waiting for the bus Max decided he needed to go potty (with the bus scheduled to come in 2 minutes) but luckily we made it on :joyfull:

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
I'm going to go a bit out of order and just talk about my Mom and Dad and Jill and Nick quickly.
My Mom and Dad had a great meal at the California Grill and my Mom was kind enough to take pictures!
They both had side cars to drink
IMG_6820.JPG

The new bread - they said they enjoyed it but did miss the old bread
IMG_6819.JPG

Appetizers:
My Dad got the Bang Island Mussels...no idea why this picture is so blurry on here because on my computer it isn't but whatever you get the point :joyfull:
IMG_6818.JPG

My Mom got the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli
IMG_6815.JPG

For entrees:
My Dad got the Black Grouper which came with fries
IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6816.JPG

My parents both thought it was odd to see fries at the California Grill but they said they were good!
My Mom got the pizza ---- I have no idea what kind this is and she can't remember either (I mean it looks like just cheese and pesto but thats not on the menu) :joyfull: Long gone are the flatbreads but my Mom said this was good!
IMG_6813.JPG

Overall they really enjoyed their meal!
Jill and Nick, as I mentioned, ate at Victoria and Alberts.
file-40.jpg

I wish I could say they had a good experience but they did not....I will get into more of that detail in a later post.

Next up: back to the MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Max fell asleep literally as soon as we got to the MK :joyfull:
So, we watched the flag retreat and wandered a bit to see if he would wake up
DSC_8994.jpg

He didn't wake up so Betta and I just decided to eat some dinner without him!
We decided on Cosmic Ray's because Betta had never eaten there.
Betta had a cheeseburger and I had chicken nuggets (both with a side of plastic cheese but Casey's plastic cheese is just a little bit better)
DSC_8981.jpg

DSC_8982.jpg

DSC_8980.jpg

The food was yummy! Max still wasn't awake so we decided maybe we would shop a little. However, I accidentally woke him up when I tilted the stroller back to get it on the curb...whoops!
He woke up pretty hungry so we went back to Cosmic Rays to get him a peanut putter and jelly sandwich !
He really liked Sonny Eclipse :)
Max requested "Home Depot" so we headed over there. The wait was like 35 minutes and I knew it was going to be a bit much for him so I released my Space Mountain FP I made for Betta and I and made Dumbo for myself so Betta could just use that to take him on!
I have no pictures but he loved it again!
Next we decided to take him on the Barnstormer (aka the "train" is what we called it to get him on). The wait was only like 15 minutes so that wasn't bad.
DSC_8988.jpg

DSC_8989.jpg

DSC_8992.JPG

We were a little nervous about taking him on but he LOVED it! First "rollercoaster" in the books.

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After Barnstormer we headed over to Tomorrowland so Betta could ride Space Mountain with her Fast Pass
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411309958473.jpg

Betta leaving really sent Max into a "magical meltdown" so I was extra grateful to see my parents round the bend into Tomorrowland :hilarious:. Backups! When Betta got off her ride we all rode the Peoplemover
I was the only one ready for the picture :joyfull:
DSC_8998.jpg

DSC_8999.jpg

DSC_9005.jpg
After our ride Betta, Dad and Max headed out. My Mom and I decided to stay a bit longer since I really had not done anything all evening other than sit in Cosmic Rays for hours and ride the Barnstormer :joyfull:
I got us a FP for Buzz!
DSC_9007.jpg

DSC_9008.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411310615815.jpg

Then we got a FP for IASW!
DSC_9012.jpg

DSC_9014.jpg

IMG_6692.JPG

After IASW we did a bit of shopping and headed back home!

Next up: Day 5 - the day my camera breaks and some people are sick....

DoraDoug

Just joining in and what a great trip so far! Max is a little cutie and I'm sure it was nice to have so many people to help with him so Betta could get some time too. I can't wait to hear what happened next!

Spash007

That picture of the sun setting behind the castle is so cool! It adds a futuristic/modern vibe to the castle and makes it fit in with Tomorrowland in some ways!

disneyworlddad

Day 4 continued
Back at POFQ we ate some lunch and got ready for the pool.
In case anyone forgot what pizza looks like...my Dad had some :joyfull:
View attachment 286202
Max had zero interest in napping so he went to the pool with Jill, Nick, and my Mom and Dad. Betta went for a quick run and I had to do some work (BORING - work on vacation!) before joining them!
View attachment 286175
View attachment 286176
I really wanted Max to like the kids play area so I could play in there too but he really didn't :joyfull:
I don't think he was too keen on the giant bucket dumping water every few minutes.
View attachment 286178
View attachment 286179
So, we had to graduate to the big pool :hilarious:
View attachment 286182
View attachment 286183
Finally Mommy came back from her run and Max was extra happy
View attachment 286184
View attachment 286185
View attachment 286186
Max had an absolute blast at the pool!
Next up: more pool time

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH, i feel your pain on the play area. My son who was 1 1/2 at the time would not go near it. My DW and I so wanted to play but he hates to get water in his face.

Longers

Well I got a bit behind here but now all caught up -

I’ve been looking for Brett aka guy behind the Castle (now behind the magic) for a few years and never spotted him - hopefully now his at HS that might happen. But if you don’t follow him how did you know who he was?

Songbird76

Day 4 continued
Some of us enjoyed some cocktails at the pool. Jill and I had prosecco
View attachment 286188
Nick had something but I have no idea what and my Mom had a frozen strawberry margarita
View attachment 286189
View attachment 286191
It was so nice out!
View attachment 286192
It snowed at home the day before so I was extra nice to be out in the sun!
After pool time we headed back to the room to get ready for the evening
View attachment 286193
View attachment 286194
View attachment 286196
View attachment 286195
We were all going our separate ways this evening. My Mom and Dad were going to California Grill (this was my Christmas gift to them), Jill and Nick were going to Victoria and Alberts and Betta, Max, and I were going to the MK!
After saying our goodbyes we headed to the bus stop and we had just missed a MK bus! Max entertained himself by running around.
View attachment 286198
About 20 minutes into waiting for the bus Max decided he needed to go potty (with the bus scheduled to come in 2 minutes) but luckily we made it on :joyfull:

Next up: more randomness
What, you didn't make him go in a bottle so you didn't miss the bus?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom