Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_8833.jpg

Max ate at the airport but Betta did not so she mobile ordered some tacos from Peco Bills - the first time any of us ever ate there!
She got the tacos three ways with Seasoned Ground Beef, Seasoned Chicken, and Spicy Beef.
She ate one on the way back to us so I only have a picture of two of them :joyfull: She said they were all good but the beef ones were definitely better than the chicken.
DSC_8835.jpg

Meanwhile Betta promised Max some milk but we could not find any so I went on a hunt. I thought maybe that healthy food stand in Liberty Square would have some but they did not so I wandered into Columbia Harbor House but that line was insane. So, I ended up mobile ordering milk and got it in like 2 minutes :joyfull: The CM probably thought I was nuts!!!
Meanwhile Max danced around on the stage around the Golden Horseshoe
DSC_8840.jpg

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

:joyfull::joyfull: That kid cracks me up !
Eventually we had to get him back in his stroller so we could go on another adventure! P.S. my Mom, Dad and I were really dragging at this point - the first two days were really catching up to us :p
DSC_8844.jpg

Of course we found a million places to take pictures along the way :)
DSC_8846.jpg

(It was like pulling teeth to get my Dad to take PP pictures so half the time we just did it without him :joyfull: )
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411295138099.JPG

DSC_8847.jpg

DSC_8848.jpg

Next up: more MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_8849.jpg

Oh hey Donald...:joyfull:
DSC_8850.jpg

DSC_8853.jpg

I was also able to pick up another FP to match with Betta and Max's for.....DUMBO!
DSC_8855.jpg

I got the Mickey ears that Max has on before he was even born (and before we even knew he was a boy actually!).
DSC_8858.jpg

DSC_8860.jpg

This was actually my Dad's first time on Dumbo in any recent years (if he was ever on it - we aren't actually sure)!
DSC_8863.jpg

I could make you look at 1000000 pictures of Max on Dumbo but I won't torture you
He loved it!!! His little face was so darn cute!
DSC_8870.jpg

file-32.jpg

Next up: more Dumbo

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Max loved it so much he asked to go on it again and since there was no wait Betta took him on again :)
file-34.jpg

Meanwhile I made my Mom take fake Dumbo pictures of me :joyfull:
IMG_6656.JPG

After second Dumbo Betta decided to skip her last FP (BTMR) so that we could go back to the hotel since we were all exhausted!
Just some more pictures on the way out...
file-33.jpg

Oh look my Dad does exist in PP pictures :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411296227820.JPG

We had JUST missed a POFQ bus when leaving and debated about a Minnie Van but a second bus came right along instead!
Back at POFQ J and N texted to say they were going to take a night swim so we joined them. They spent their evening at Disney Springs between the Edison and Enzo's. They liked the Edison but did not care for Enzo's but I can't actually remember why.
This is my Mom's face after about 10 tries of taking a picture with the waterproof camera at night :joyfull:
DSCF2458.JPG

DSCF2461.JPG

My Dad was there too but I don't have any pictures (shocker....:joyfull: )
DSCF2464.JPG

The water was cold - I have no idea how they were even in the pool!
Anyway we only stayed for a few minutes then headed off to bed :)

Next up: Day 4!

riverside

Premium Member
Yesterday my 3 year old nephew & I were discussing what rides we are going to go on next month. He was excited about everything until I brought up HM. His immediate response was "Oh no. Too scary". He said no to POC also. He was better with those rides when he was younger but now I guess the older he gets the more he pays attention & has decided he doesn't like them. When we were there in January he refused to get on HM. Last month they were in Disneyland & my sister said he refused to get on both HM & POC. Reading that about Max reminded me of my nephew & had me laughing!!

Max is a cutie!!

gsrjedi

One of the first rides my cousin went on when he was tall enough to ride the bigger rides was the Ghost Galaxy overlay version of Space Mountain at Disneyland. We all forgot how that ride was and he was so terrified he had to be talked into riding anything else.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yesterday my 3 year old nephew & I were discussing what rides we are going to go on next month. He was excited about everything until I brought up HM. His immediate response was "Oh no. Too scary". He said no to POC also. He was better with those rides when he was younger but now I guess the older he gets the more he pays attention & has decided he doesn't like them. When we were there in January he refused to get on HM. Last month they were in Disneyland & my sister said he refused to get on both HM & POC. Reading that about Max reminded me of my nephew & had me laughing!!

Max is a cutie!!

Max loved HM when he was younger! Its so funny! You are right for sure that it must be because they pay closer attention to details. :joyfull:

The cupcakes look amazing! And Max's smile on dumbo is priceless. We have to beg and make deals with Lenny to go in the haunted mansion and she's 5!

I fear we ruined Haunted Mansion for life for Max--- we may need to make some deals next time he is in Disney :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
HM didn’t scare me when I was a kid, but Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride certainly did. :)

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is still scary I think :hilarious: In Disneyland obviously

One of the first rides my cousin went on when he was tall enough to ride the bigger rides was the Ghost Galaxy overlay version of Space Mountain at Disneyland. We all forgot how that ride was and he was so terrified he had to be talked into riding anything else.

Oh no!!! Do they do that for Halloween or was it a one time thing? That sounds scary ! haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 April 30, 2018
We got up around 7 am and helped my sister get Max ready before getting breakfast.
Max loved looking at the fountain every morning
DSC_8888.jpg
"Max smile at Moo (what he calls me)"
Result:
DSC_8891.jpg

Max also loved Mickey waffles ("NOT regular waffles") with "jelly" - aka blueberries
DSC_8893.jpg

DSC_8894.jpg

DSC_8898.jpg

Max had so much jelly on himself that we ended up having to change his shorts :joyfull::joyfull:
After getting Max changed we meet up with J and N and headed to the bus!
There was a super long HS line but two buses came at the same time so we got a seat which was nice!
DSC_8902.jpg

The goal was to Rope Drop TSM since there were no FPs given out this trip for it but I knew almost right away we would never make it - it took us way to long to actually get ready and leave POFQ :arghh:
Plus, security was a bear!
DSC_8903.jpg

I always had the stroller for some reason :joyfull:
DSC_8904.jpg

It was while in security that we first heard Max say "I want to ride Home Depot" :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Home Depot is apparently code for Dumbo. No idea how he got Home Depot out of Dumbo but I guess I can kind of see it with the D's!
The security guard cracked up when he heard him say it :hilarious:
This was his reaction when we told him "Home Depot" was not in this park
DSC_8906.jpg

Anyway...enjoy my very random picture as we ran to TSM
DSC_8908.jpg

Next up: more HS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom