The Haunted Mansion

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
Welcome foolish mortals, I am your host for this thread,your Ghost host ,haa haa haa haa haa, During this spooky time of year the spirits and I and dying to know what keeps you coming back to our haunted mansion since we began our happy haunts back in the year 1971? Please write about what is your favorite part(s) and what is it that keep wanting to return when you visit us? We spirits are dying to hear your responces to this request. Oh and like the "ghostess" at the end says "come back".

yodasmith

a true classic

why does anyone come back to the haunted mansion? the reason is because it's the best. a true classic. it's so hard to pick a favorite part of the attraction. i'd have to say one of my favorite parts is the beginning, right after you enter the doombuggie. the first few scenes. but my most favorite part, the part where i always kinda want the ride to stop is as your entering the graveyard, and the doombuggie turns around and leans back. that's my favorite. i don't know why, you don't see anything. but i always get excited when i get there.

rosebud's mom

Likewise, it is really the attraction as a whole. I think on my first trip through it was the ballroom. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a CM inside the Haunted Mansion !!!!!! ( and my first time there was in 1972 :lookaroun )

bhg469

i took my girlfriend on it about 2 years ago. it was the first time she was in WDW and that was the first ride she wanted to go on. i can understand why its just a perfect dark ride.

matrtj

It's the atmosphere on the whole ride, from the tombstones outside to the little details inside, like the bat motif wallpaper. And the sounds/soundtrack fits perfectly.

The ballroom has to be my favourite part though... too much going on to see in one go, you have to keep riding!

M

wild01ride

I'll tell you what's NOT contributing to me coming back over and over is the gosh-darn neon glow-in-the-dark paint in the graveyard scene (and a few other places, I think). Maybe they were trying to lighten the mood so that it wouldn't be so scary (yes, I am an adult and I get the creeps going through that part too!).

Anyway, one of the greatest things about the attraction is the anticipation. The Mansion is the epitome of every scary house you've ever seen and you get to stand outside and ponder what lies inside (even though I've ridden it TONS of times) while you're waiting.
And then, the detail inside....geesh, it gives me chills just thinking about how spooky the architecture and decorations are!

999Ghosts

This is one of the elite attractions at WDW that you can remember the 1st time you entered the Haunted Mansion. You are big-eyed trying to look at every thing, jaw dropping and thinking to yourself this is so cool how did they do that and that and that? And the soundtrack is 2nd to none. There is not just one part that is my Favorite. That's like the "which is your favorite child" question. And let's hope and pray WDW does not pull a Disneyland and auction off a 1,000th Ghost. My personal opion is the would make Walt mad.

PurpleDragon

matrtj said:
The ballroom has to be my favourite part though... too much going on to see in one go, you have to keep riding!

M
Tell me about it! I've been riding that ride religiously for over 20 years and I still find new things each time I ride that I hadn't seen before.

The entire ride is a discovery. Each time you ride you find new characters, new prop pieces, etc... I think one could spend a lifetime on that ride and not see all the details that went into it. Its truely an amazing attraction!!

TheDisneyGirl02

It's an original! It's one of the best attractions that Disney offers. I would LOVE to walk through the graveyard scene! What fun that would be!

TheDisneyGirl02

Wicked Queen

definitely number one on my list of rides i'd like to go behind the scenes on....when you first go through, all those doors, I've always wondered what was really behind each of them, my biggest disapointmen would be realizing that the ride is not really in the actual exterior of the mansion...i always wished I could walk through that part (as if there was actually anything inside lol)

DreamFlight911

i need something verified i have an old record of the huanted mansion but it's not version you'll hear at the magic kingdom or at disneyland

it begins like this

Have ever seen a Haunted House you know the kind I mean. THat old dark house that is usually at the end of dimly lit street. The owners haven't been seen in years no knows why. The windows are broken and boarded. The shutters hang lose from there hinges. The trees have grown wild brushing there branches arcoss the weathering house. Making strange noises in the night. There's high vined fence around the house is that there to keep someone out or some thing inside. It's a house that people advoid walking past at night. STrange lights have been scene in the attic's windows and in the graveyard beside's the house. Our story revolves around this mystrious mansion.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Atta83

DreamFlight911 said:
i need something verified i have an old record of the huanted mansion but it's not version you'll hear at the magic kingdom or at disneyland

it begins like this

Have ever seen a Haunted House you know the kind I mean. THat old dark house that is usually at the end of dimly lit street. The owners haven't been seen in years no knows why. The windows are broken and boarded. The shutters hang lose from there hinges. The trees have grown wild brushing there branches arcoss the weathering house. Making strange noises in the night. There's high vined fence around the house is that there to keep someone out or some thing inside. It's a house that people advoid walking past at night. STrange lights have been scene in the attic's windows and in the graveyard beside's the house. Our story revolves around this mystrious mansion.

Yeah there is one by my grandmothes house and its rumored that it is haunted by a young boy who died by falling down the well. Is that whatyou mean??

Captain Hank

DreamFlight911 said:

it begins like this

Just found the info you're looking for on doombuggies.com--a wonderful HM site that is really worth devoting a few hours to exploring if you are the least bit interested in the workings of the Haunted Mansion. Check out this page for info on the album you have and an audio sample.

http://www.doombuggies.com/media_audio2.htm

stitchrules223

I have to say that I think my favorite part of the Haunted Mansion would be when you descend backwards right after the ballroom scene. It is quite a unique sensation (and yes I know it's like that at SSE as well, but it's not quite the same). The main song also is a favorite of mine-I'll get it stuck in my head for hours and won't mind, because it's so catchy. Also, has anyone else found the "hidden Donald" at the Haunted Mansion? It took me about 5 or 6 years to find after I heard a cast member talk about it.

Captain Hank

Asking me my favorite part of the Haunted Mansion is like asking me why my favorite ice cream flavor is Moose Tracks. The most impressive two scenes are definately the ballroom and graveyard, and I have yet to get stuck in either scene, at least at an angle that I can appreciate all of the great details. I also love Mme. Leota--though I can now recite her part by heart after getting stuck in that scene for over 5 minutes on my last trip. I just think the overall ambience of the mansion is great, as are the great CM's. Being a Haunted Mansion Cast Member is definately one of my dream jobs.

P.S.--Yes, I know where the hidden Donald(s) are. :)

DreamFlight911

my favourite isn't haunted mansion but Phantom Manor. I.m very devoted to it i even know by heart the foyer, streatching room, galllery of morphing portaits and the seance circle. from the orginal version

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom