The Haunted Mansion story game

Phroobar

Original Poster
Here is a game I played on another forum years ago about the Haunted Mansion. We made up a very long story from it. Please continue the story from the last poster's message. End your turn with "Then suddenly...." The next person continues the story from there. I will start it out.

Have you ever seen a haunted house? You know the kind I mean. That old dark house that is usually at the end of a dimly lit street. The owners haven't been seen for years. No one really knows why. The windows are broken and boarded and the shutters hang loose from their hinges. The trees have grown wild. Their branches brush aside the old house making strange noises in the night.

On a night not long ago, two teenagers are walking from a date when it started to rain. Mike and Karen ran up to the old house, through the iron gate and onto the porch for protection. Protection? If only they had known. Then suddenly.....

mickEblu

Here is a game I played on another forum years ago about the Haunted Mansion. We made up a very long story from it. Please continue the story from the last poster's message. End your turn with "Then suddenly...." The next person continues the story from there. I will start it out.

Have you ever seen a haunted house? You know the kind I mean. That old dark house that is usually at the end of a dimly lit street. The owners haven't been seen for years. No one really knows why. The windows are broken and boarded and the shutters hang loose from their hinges. The trees have grown wild. Their branches brush aside the old house making strange noises in the night.

On a night not long ago, two teenagers are walking from a date when it started to rain. Mike and Karen ran up to the old house, through the iron gate and onto the porch for protection. Protection? If only they had known. Then suddenly.....

She asked for the manager.

Phroobar

Original Poster
@TP2000 appeared holding a newly made martini and bid them welcome. He offered them a glass of blue milk. Mike took a sip and spit it out exclaiming that it tasted like dishwasher detergent. @TP2000 frowned and introduced them to his neighbor lady and suggested they all go into gallery. The gallery walls were covered in large portraits. One of the portraits was of Star Wars creator George Lucas sitting on a bench. Then suddenly....

mickEblu

@TP2000 appeared holding a newly made martini and bid them welcome. He offered them a glass of blue milk. Mike took a sip and spit it out exclaiming that it tasted like dishwasher detergent. @TP2000 frowned and introduced them to his neighbor lady and suggested they all go into gallery. The gallery walls were covered in large portraits. Then suddenly....

@TP2000 ‘ s artichoke came to life, grabbed TP’s fork and jumped off his plate chasing Mike and Karen down into the boundless realm. Mike turned around and thought maybe he should talk to the artichoke and see what was bothering it. So they both stopped. Turns out, Arty (his name as they would come to find out) was just having a bad day because Bernie Sanders dropped out of the race. Then suddenly...

mickEblu

Suddenly... the artichoke continued to talk. No surprise there. Guys a talker if there ever was one. He had sipped on a little too much of TP’s scotch that morning and was really letting it flow now. Turns out he wasn’t mad about Bernie at all. It was that he was jealous of one of the neighbor lady’s home made Blueberry Muffins. Her name was Muph. (Ph instead of the double F 😉) Had two beautiful blue(berry) eyes and TP has been showing her a lot of attention lately ( weird I know). Then suddenly...

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Suddenly the artichoke continued to talk. No surprise there. Guys a talker if there ever was one. Turns out he wasn’t mad about Bernie at all. It was that he was jealous of the neighbor lady’s homes made Blueberry Muffin. Her name was Muph. Ph instead of the double F 😉) Had two beautiful blue(berry) eyes and TP has been showing her a lot of attention lately ( weird I know). Then suddenly...
A ghost came screaming down the hallway passed Mike and Karen and the artichoke. It was screaming about breaking news of a pandemic that affected only the dead. The house had just gone on total lockdown. Mike and Karen were trapped with no escape. Suddenly a ghost dressed as a bride showed up mumbling something about her ex-boyfriend Bob Iger. She turned and noticed Mike, Karen and Artie and said...

TP2000

The bride ghost said "That Willow woman has never been good for Bob! She's given him nothing but bad advice their entire marriage, and she even told him that it would be a cute idea to have Meghan Markle do voiceover work for the next Pixar movie! It was bad enough when Bob left me at the altar as a young bride to run off with Willow, but now Willow is just pushing my buttons on purpose! I will be avvvvvvenged! Avvvvenged!"

And with that ominous interaction the bride floated ethereally down the corridor towards a dark expanse around the corner, leaving Mark and Karen and Arty chilled to their bones. Arty was actually chilled to his delicious heart, but you get the idea. When suddenly....

Phroobar

Original Poster
They turned a corner and came to a black room full of moving lazy boy recliners. Arty explained they were called Doom Buggies because they were used by the spirits to play a frag match of Doom Eternal on the PS4. He said they also lead the way out! Mike and Karen had no idea what Doom Eternal or even a PS4 was but was happy to get away from that curious bride. The Doom Buggies took them up a flight of stairs passed a large spider when suddenly.....

Rich T

Mike let out a high-pitched shriek as a baby giant spider (hamster-size) dropped down from the top of the doom buggy onto his hand. It bit him, producing a cartoon-like “chomp” sound effect.
“Nuts!” cried Mike, “that spider bit my badminton hand!”

“That’s no ordinary spider, Mike!” Karen gasped, staring as the arachnid—now glowing—cartwheeled merrily out of the vehicle. “It’s...it’s...radioactive!”

Then suddenly...

Sharon&Susan

Mike transformed into a spider!

But not just any spider, he turned into Man-Spider. A spider with all the abilities of a regular human person! Karen acted on her base instincts and started trying to kill Mike (now a spider) using her copy of Walt Disney's Disneyland Guidebook that she bought at the giftshop in Tomorrowland. Mike tried to snap Karen out of weird obsession with killing insects, but to no avail Karen could not speak animalese, the only language that Mike could now speak.

Karen became distracted by a mysterious figure in the fog. He was approaching the doombuggy, and it was obvious that it was the worst ghoul in the Mansion. A Real Estate Agent! But, it wasn't just any real espook agent, it was 2002 Eddie Murphy.

Eddie Murphy saw Mike the Man-Spider and disapprovingly looked back at Karen. Then suddenly...

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Eddie Murphy grabbed Karen's hand and ran away from the spider staircase into a dimly lit hall. Karen said "We have to help Mike!". Eddie said, "You can't help the dead, honey. They're beyond help. That's the nature of being dead.” They walked into an old conservatory. A room covered in decaying flowers and plants. Broken windows let the rain in from the outside. In the center was a coffin. Something was trying to get out! A raven flew in a said, "You've disturbed a guest! Caw! Caw! You'll be sorry for that! Caw! Caw!" Then suddenly....

Rich T

The coffin lid burst open and up sat Jack Skellington! He opened his mouth and sang “What’s th—“”
But Eddie Murphy slammed the lid on the Pumpkin King and nailed it shut. “No!” Murphy shouted. “No! Bad Overrated One-Note Invader! Isn’t nearly half the year ENOUGH for you?!?” He dropped the hammer, dusted off his hands and straightened his tie. He faced Karen. “Now then, I assume you’ve come here with my contract?”
“Contract?”
“For the sequel!”
Karen gasped in horror and fled down a crooked door-lined hallway.
Then suddenly...

Sharon&Susan

Karren arrived at a room with a spiral staircase that looked to reach all the way to heaven... if heaven was dark and full of cobwebs. It was a dead end, so Karen had no choice but to climb the scary staircase.

"I must bring Mike back, I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life knowing I killed him. There must be some way to save him in this ghoulish g-"

Karen was interrupted, the carpet started to magically fly under her feet. She held on as the carpet swiftly flew up to what must have been the top floor of the house, floor 666. When the carpet reached the top floor, she felt sick from the magic carpet's roller coaster like speed. Karen's vision was blurred and she saw what looked to be some sort of séance with a man looking over a crystal ball with the head of a woman inside.

"Hello jeune fille, I am the Great Madame Leota I have heard about your many adventures in this Mansion from my friend, @TP2000" the crystal ball stated "and your ami, Mike has shared a few tidbits as well."

It couldn't be Mike was dead, but legs with feet appeared from under the table, human legs. And the whole thing jumped out, from under the table taking the tablecloth with it. Nearly causing Madame Leota to fall off the table, but thankfully TP2000 cached her just in time. The creature had the body of a man and the head of a spider, and was chasing a fly, presumably to eat. Karen realized that the Spider-person was wearing Mike's stupid T Shirt that only he was an idiot enough to wear.

It was Mike alright. But suddenly...

Phroobar

Original Poster
Eddie pipped up, " You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain't never seen a Mike fly. Ha, ha. "

Madame Leota groned and cast a spell to freeze Mike in place. She said, "Karen, I know your love for Mike is great. I will change Mike back into a human but I need something to cast the spell." Karen asked what it could be.

Madame Leota said "I need the bride's ring that was lost on that fateful night were Bob left @Curious Constance to run away with Willow. Bob threw the ring out into the graveyard in the back of the house. You must retrieve it in order to change Mike back. It will be very dangerous. Watch out for snakes." Karen said, "I will do anything to get Mike back." Leota said, "That is good. You will be tested by this house. I want you to take Eddie and @TP2000 with you. Their talents will help you on your way." Karen said with disgust, "I got to take Eddie?" The suddenly....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom