The Hard Rock Park Story: The Rise & Fall of the First & Ever Rock 'n' Roll Amusement Park

HomeImagineer

Original Poster

Screenshot (32).png
So for those of you who & those of you are my favorites are excited to see this is the story of How a Rock 'n' Roll Theme Park became a Dream into a Reality. @D Hulk @FigmentPigments @spacemt354 @DashHaber. @MickeyWaffleCo. @ThemeParkPriest @WowFactor @Sam Magic @PerGron & @tcool123

For those of you don't know what Hard Rock Park is then i would tell you that. Hard Rock Park was the first & ever music/Rock 'n' Roll-Themed Amusement Park that operates from 2008, until it closed in 2009 that i would tell you how that happens soon in that story. Its also as the short-lived park & was built on 55 acres (22 ha) of a 140-acre (57 ha) property located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The park was located at the intersection of US 501 & the Intracoastal Waterway. It included part of the former Waccamaw Factory Shoppes in Fantasy Harbour, and used Mall 3 as its headquarters.

The Story your going to hear its 100% true, It was created by CEO of Renaissance Entertainment from 2010-17 & one man who wanted to build a park at this property & his named is Jon Binkowski. I Hope you may Enjoy the story & Stay Tuned. But for now here are the chapters that i made up but for this story i would be making very soon.

Chapters:
  • A Harbour made out of Fantasy
  • Hollywood comes to the Carolinas
  • When Rock n Roll makes a Roller Coaster of a Lifetime
  • The Begin & End of Hard Rock Park
  • The Future of the Site
  • What If the Park Never Died (Bonus)

Last edited:

Chaos Cat

So for those of you who & those of you are my favorites are excited to see this is the story of How a Rock 'n' Roll Theme Park became a Dream into a Reality. @D Hulk @FigmentPigments @spacemt354 @DashHaber. @MickeyWaffleCo. @ThemeParkPriest @WowFactor @Sam Magic @PerGron & @tcool123

For those of you don't know what Hard Rock Park is then i would tell you that. Hard Rock Park was the first & ever music/Rock 'n' Roll-Themed Amusement Park that operates from 2008, until it closed in 2009 that i would tell you how that happens soon in that story. Its also as the short-lived park & was built on 55 acres (22 ha) of a 140-acre (57 ha) property located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The park was located at the intersection of US 501 & the Intracoastal Waterway. It included part of the former Waccamaw Factory Shoppes in Fantasy Harbour, and used Mall 3 as its headquarters.

The Story your going to hear its 100% true, It was created by CEO of Renaissance Entertainment from 2010-17 & one man who wanted to build a park at this property & his named is Jon Binkowski. I Hope you may Enjoy the story & Stay Tuned. But for now here are the chapters that i made up but for this story i would be making very soon.

Chapters:
  • A Harbour made out of Fantasy
  • Hollywood comes to the Carolinas
  • When Rock n Roll makes a Roller Coaster of a Lifetime
  • The Begin & End of Hard Rock Park
  • The Future of the Site
Hoo boy, Hard Rock Park retrospective, here we go!

For those that don't know about Hard Rock Park, strap yourselves in, because this may be the most bonkers theme park ever created.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Screenshot (5).png

Chapter 1:
A Harbour made out of Fantasy
(2001-2002)​

vKb_BIqf.jpeg

The Story started by an Former CEO of Renaissance Entertainment from 2010-17 & CCO of Hard Rock Park from 2002-08 & lived in Florida in the named of Jon Binkowski. But in 2001 He had his own Theater in South Carolina called The Ice Castle Theatre.

Screenshot (55).png
Screenshot (56).png

In this piece of Property is called Fantasy Harbour. & it was a failed project where there is a pond which now turns into the lagoon of the park & an closed/abandoned mall. He has no idea what he what's to put this site but then he said that, I will get to know my neighbors, pull alot of property & then we're going to be doing a theme park & making lot of money & everything would be great. Then her wife said: Oh That's Great, how are you going to do that.

But he though it could be a great a idea in Myrtle Beach because its home to the great beaches of this state being a great vacation destination. However he had to be careful because of begin so hard to pull people off the beach & there's not a lot of theme park here but he does not worry until 9/11 happens & things start from Good to Worst to his Project & all of his workers go away to do other jobs & find somewhere to work & the theatre becomes Jon's only project instead of the theme park.

Screenshot (58).png

(Sketch Plan of the Park by Stephen DeWoody)

He needs to think something fast so in May 2001 Jon & Stephen DeWoody makes a doodle/sketch/concept of what could this park would even look like & show it to the neighbors & get them excited about it.

After that he formed a company, Based off a company called FHTP LLC. (Full named as Fantasy Harbour Theme Park, LLC, or as Tom McCurdy called it Flaming Hot Toilet Paper)

Screenshot (61).png

(Here its the team for helped on the Fantasy Harbour Theme Park project)
(2001-2002)

Screenshot (5).png

(Concept Art from Fantasy Harbour Theme Park by Mike Conrad)

The Concept you see was plan by Mike Conrad, The park its themed to four seasons & with an huge icon/weenie which its a lighthouse at the lagoon.​

This is just the begin of Chapter 1, Stay Tuned about the more plans, details & stuff for Fantasy Harbour & the troubles of his imaginary theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom