Trip Report The HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...oh and congratulations report. COMPLETED

The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
IMG_E4127.JPG

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
IMG_E4130.JPG

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
IMG_E4136A.JPG

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

IMG_E4131.JPG

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

IMG_4133.JPG

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

IMG_E4136.JPG

IMG_E4135.JPG

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

Last edited:

Songbird76

What can I say other than this was an amazing mother daughter trip or as @Tuvalu would say "da bomb". We made so many amazing memories together, I even got a text on our last night from C that said "I just love you a ton like I don't even have words to describe it"! What teenage girl sends that to her mom!!!

No park hopper - this was our first time without park hopper. I actually liked it this way. We didn't think to hard on what days had EMH to make our choice, we picked our park days in the order we wanted to visit them and dealt with the hours they were open. We wanted to finish with MK but couldn't fathom not starting with MK so I purchased a 5th day for only $30 so that we could visit MK on our arrival night.

POP - I wasn't the most excited about staying at a value resort but will say that it was very nice and I would definitely stay there again. The room refurb was excellent and we didn't have any problem with the room being too small with both beds down (we left them both down our entire stay), I've seen people complain about it on other threads. The one complaint I have about POP is every night leaving the parks POP and AOA's bus que's were packed while the other resorts only had a dozen people in the lines. Every night there was a wait for multiple buses before we could get on. We did take the AOA bus a few times and walked to our room on the bridge connecting the two resorts. The other bus issue is POP's bus stop is the last stop at 3 of the parks and Disney Springs. It's a long walk. :arghh: :rolleyes:

MDE - This is the first time I've had problems with the wifi and MDE while at Disney. I couldn't get MDE to load half the time and when I did there weren't any FP+ left, I think we were able to get fantasmic on our HS night and IASW on our MK night and that's it.

Dining - Mamma Melrose was a surprise and we'll definitely be going back, same with The Plaza :hungry:. Unfortunately we won't go back to Chef's de France or Tangerine Cafe, I'm glad I tried TC but won't go back, more for @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek.

Shows and CM's - The shows were a highlight for me this time. I don't think there was one bad show. CM's were smiling and seemed happy to be there, minus my last CM.

Midday break - This is something we've always done but in the past we would hang out at the pool but I'm guessing due to my stomach issues and hopefully not old age I was more tired than usual so the naps really helped me get a second wind for the evenings. Other than our visit from Aunt Flo on friday our spirits stayed up all week.

I'll stop dragging this on and finish up his report.

Our next trip won't be for a few years. My boys ( J and Z ) want to do another mountain vacation and gulf of mexico vacation. I would love to try to squeeze in a cruise for my 25th Anniversary in 2020 but who knows if that will happen, I better start saving now but these kids of mine are getting more expensive and my house is in need of a new roof. :grumpy:

Thank you all for following along!! :happy:
I'm sorry about that last morning....that was the way our first ever AK day was, and it didn't get better and we just ended up leaving the park early and calling it a day. It's so sad when that happens because it is so expensive....you don't want to waste the money, but if no one is feeling it, you just need to call it. I'm glad it got better for you. My DD is 12 and is starting to deal with the hormones and my husband has no patience with it...then he starts acting just like her and I basically have 2 teenage girls to deal with. Kudos to you for doing what you could to make C's time more fun!!
About the buses....I noticed when we stayed in CBR in 2016 that there were SOOOOO many buses for POP and AoA....when the parks closed, we'd go get in line for the buses and we'd have to wait for several buses before it was our turn, but we'd see 4 buses for POP or AoA before another CBR bus came. So maybe because there are more people staying there, the lines are really long, but they also have more frequent buses? Maybe it kind of evens out. But that's the only time we have ever stayed on property, so I really can't compare it to other resorts...I just remember getting REALLY tired of seeing yet ANOTHER bus for one of those two resorts and wondering how much longer it would be before another bus to our resort would get there. I'm hoping the Gondolas will be up and running next Summer. They are supposed to, but you never know if they will be delayed.....but it would sure take off some of the pressure for the buses!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Just finished your report. Looks like it was an awesome time for the two of you to spend together! I’m so glad you loved The Plaza! That was a new one for us on our last trip and is now a favorite. That fried green tomato sandwich! :hungry:
I can't believe it was the first time i've eaten there in the 12 years we've been going to Disney!! I've been missing out and we didn't even try a shake yet!! :jawdrop:

Songbird76

:hilarious: This made my day!! Too funny.
Ugh, you know how people say men are complete babies about being sick? My DH is not at all....but he turns into a teenage girl and throws a hissy fit if anyone is the least bit cranky. He has absolutely zero patience with the grumps.

FlaggNL

Wow you two look alike.... thanks for sharing.... guess my wife and daugther also would a like a mum/daugther trip... but hey what me then :) great TR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom