The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachlover4444

I do not think there is anything to worry about or any reason to monitor the guests. People visiting WDW are 100% on their best and utmost respectful behavior all the time.

If only.............
I can hear the boos and hisses now when he starts to speak and then the brawl inside the hall breaks out. Yes there definitely should be more castmembers on hand but I do think anti current president citizens will avoid the attraction anyway.

beachlover4444

They had certainly better be prepared for some sort of guest negative interactions and I pity those poor castmembers who are going to have to deal with it. Nothing worse than, tired, unhappy from standing in long lines, alcohol fueled guests there for the busy holiday season standing around the outside of this show getting into political debates and you have to know it will happen.

wdwgreek

I agree I could do without the newer presidents having to speak or speaking in a very limited role. Would love to see 3 or 4 interact that's what gives it such a real life quality.
Ah, I can picture it now...

"Hey Henry Harrison, whats holding you up lets get on with the show."

"Now Bush be patient it takes a lot of doing put on a show"

"Take it easy boys, I'll be right with you, play me a little intro Roosevelt"

montyz81

To avoid future issues and any political implications I think Disney needs to just update the HoP show after a president leaves office going forward. And possibly have Washington, Jefferson or Lincoln take on the speaking role with the next update that comes after Trump. I really enjoy this show and the American Adventure. Both are timely old-style Disney Americana. The HoP does a great job in how it covers the same history of our county as the AA does but does it differently - presenting history from a presidential perspective. No matter your politics both shows should be on a short list of “Must See” attractions on your WDW visiT.
Couldn't agree more. Two of my most favorite rides in the parks. I would kill for some of the older presidents to walk through all of history with special attention made for each of their time in office. It could be a revolving show that changes every hour so you never get the same show twice. Could be a real draw.

Weather_Lady

It's simple, really.

Announce the day HoP reopens that the next president will have an animatronic take the oath of office and nothing more.

Have Washington and Lincoln speak every show, then add a few random speeches. Adams, Jefferson, both Roosevelts, Kennedy, and Reagan. Maybe a few more 'safe choices' so the attraction will have more rewatchibility for returning guests. One random speaker per show. A Star tours of American Presidents.

That's a nice idea! I'm always much more excited to hear from the Presidents who I _haven't_ had ample opportunity to see and hear from in my lifetime. I think we all are.

GrumpyFan

Guessing this will quietly open middle of a week, and then have a press release on a late Friday afternoon.
Glad to see it finally opening, but I think it's past time to re-theme the entire attraction into something more entertaining and has less potential for political strife.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Once again, I'll state my opinion that for every president since Eisenhower, there's enough recorded material for one of Disney's talented audio editors to splice together just about any speech they'd want a president to make. I don't understand why they took this long, but I applaud their intent to re-open before Christmas.

Animaniac93-98

Disney likely feels that they can't afford to have this closed during the busiest time of the year. Same reason Stitch will be open.

The question is whether or not they did all the updates they intended to, or will they reopen it in some other modified version.

It would be neat to see the 1971 version brought back with an updated role call, but that would require using all 5 screens and not just 3.

Lets Respect

They will have to be firm that any disruption in the show will result in being removed from the attraction, or even the park. Once that happens a few times, people will calm down. No one wants to lose their AP over this and no one paying tourist prices for tickets is going to bother protesting like this, unless they enjoy flushing money down the toilet.

carolina_yankee

I think it should be open. Keeping it closed makes too much of a political statement of its own. Disney will just have to deal with the fall-out, which will make whichever point of view caused it to look bad on themselves. Perhaps people will get that and react appropriately.

However, I enjoyed the Muppets Great Moments in History and would love a Hall of President seen through their eyes!

Cliff

So what can we realistically expect here? This attraction will open with allot of media attention, not just in the US but glabally. We will all see 100 YouTube videos in the first week.

I dont think that 1/100 guests want to create a political statement and cause a scene. Maybe 1 in 1000 might. Definetely 1 out of 10,000 people are liable to want to do something bad.

Look, Im no "doomsday" guy....but there IS a possibility that "IF" too many videos appear on YouTube and CNN. Fox and all the other stations of too many people trying to make public political statements online.....if nasty fight breakouts are ""common", than Disney could shut down this attraction in 6 months....wow, thats a horrible thought.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Oh finally. I'm glad to have this attraction back. Regardless of whoever speaks for a whopping 3 minutes, I've always enjoyed it. I was bummed it was closed the past couple times I was in WDW.

People will cry. People will scream. People will be happy. It's a show at Disney World and that's all it is.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm looking forward to seeing the new lighting and show progression (of course "in before the lock" obligatory snipe) as well as my first visit in 9 years to the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom