News The Hall of Presidents opens in August with President Joe Biden

Lilofan

Have to say, the Trump animatronic in the background looks a better than when it was in the front (no political statement)... Maybe they can do better/more realistic heads when they do not have all the animation actuators/servos underneath ?
Depends on how much the guest had been drinking in one of the MKs sit down restaurants. There was a time for many many years that MK guests sat through HoP sober since MK back in the day was alcohol free.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Trump looks better now than he did as the frontrunner. His AA motions are pretty fluid and lifelike. I like his several nods as if he (or any of them) are getting applause.

The Biden one looks a lot more like Biden up close than from a distance. Reverse perspective?
Lots more photos added with some alternative angles.

The Rocketeer

Biden still looks meh to me, much like the previous two presidents. But Trump really looks good in comparison to the previous location, It's gotta be a different mold or just the fact that the mouth is closed. I really appreciate the fact that the rest of the show is virtually the same experience, as I thought the 2017 update was fantastic and I probably saw it more than I did the '09-'17 iteration.

The Grand Inquisitor

I don't want to watch the video as I'll wait till I see in person, but did the show change significantly other than Biden talking instead?
No from a video from the site that shall not be named the show is exactly the same from 2017 but just with Biden as POTUS. Biden does the oath of office but no speech afterwards. It feels kinda abrupt. I wonder why Biden did not do a speech.

aladdin2007

Biden still looks meh to me, much like the previous two presidents. But Trump really looks good in comparison to the previous location, It's gotta be a different mold or just the fact that the mouth is closed. I really appreciate the fact that the rest of the show is virtually the same experience, as I thought the 2017 update was fantastic and I probably saw it more than I did the '09-'17 iteration.

while I agree I was hoping they would fix the abrupt (or lack thereof) ending.

Gringrinngghost

Don't forget, they have to stuff all those servos into his face, so in a static animatronic there is a lot more real-estate for a better sculpt.

Roger_the_pianist

I like the course now of not having a speech from the current president, just the oath. I seem to recall this being a suggested compromise for Trump, but he insisted on winging his own speech. But maybe a clip of choral music could make the show end not so abruptly.

Honestly, I find the whole thing kinda creepy because most of the president's are dead.

I was TODAY years old when I learned that Joseph R., the R stands for Robinette. In the video clip I thought he said:

"I, Joseph Robin Hood Biden..." 😝

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom