News The Hall of Presidents opens in August with President Joe Biden

The Grand Inquisitor

The Grand Inquisitor

Booing the President is not a Trump thing. Last time I went was during Obama's first term. There were boos. I was disappointed but not surprised. :( People who've never heard boos are lucky.
Anyone who boos a robot of the President is an absolute moron. I've only seen the show twice(once with Obama as POTUS and another time with Trump as POTUS). I also never understood the people who refused to see the show because it featured a President they didn't like speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Untitled148_20210722162019.png

See what I propose is that Disney reuse the Zip A Dee Lady when Splash goes and put the 4 most recent Presidents, Lincoln and Washington singing patriotic tunes. Who doesn't want to see Lincoln doing the Can-Can?

Weather_Lady

Anyone who boos a robot of the President is an absolute moron. I've only seen the show twice(once with Obama as POTUS and another time with Trump as POTUS). I
Totally agree. It's a show, not a rally, and people who find it necessary to yell during what is otherwise a sober and dignified presentation (cheers or boos) are just trying to make it about themselves. If I can't be certain I can keep silent and be respectful (and there have been such times - I guess I'm one of those who have avoided it when I didn't care for the featured "performer"), I don't go.

Weather_Lady

I am sorry but that is just silly . There are 101 reasons to skip this attraction but if it is because you don't care for the current leader than you are petty.
No, petty would be attacking strangers online over what theme park attractions they do and do not choose to do on vacation, and the myriad reasons therefor, when they're the ones paying for it and their choices have zero impact on your life.

I often skip movies and TV shows about subjects I don't care for, as well. Why would I waste time on things that don't give me pleasure during a vacation, when such trips are brief and infrequent? At the same time, I don't judge those who like different things than I, whether that's a lengthy historical/political presentation, or Stitch belching in one's face.

Here's an authentically American idea: how about I'll do what I enjoy and you do what you enjoy? 😉

Last edited:

skypilot2922

Anyone who boos a robot of the President is an absolute moron. I've only seen the show twice(once with Obama as POTUS and another time with Trump as POTUS). I also never understood the people who refused to see the show because it featured a President they didn't like speak. I was not a big fan of Obama and I think Bill Clinton was an awful President but doesn't mean I'm not going to see the show.

I’d rather not have any current president speak Its always going to annoy those that did not vote for the incumbent so why fan those fires.

Just have the notable presidents speak, Lincoln, FDR, JFK Reagan ‘tear down that wall’ ie the ones whose presidency had a global effect.

Lilofan

I’d rather not have any current president speak Its always going to annoy those that did not vote for the incumbent so why fan those fires.

Just have the notable presidents speak, Lincoln, FDR, JFK Reagan ‘tear down that wall’ ie the ones whose presidency had a global effect.
I agree but it may be the curiosity of some guests to see "what will the new POTUS" say that may get them to go inside to see HoP contrary to a public online push a few years ago ( 2017 ) to keep a particular POTUS silent instead of talking at HoP. It is cool that Biden recited the oath of office speech for HoP at the WH specifically for the MK attraction.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I’d rather not have any current president speak Its always going to annoy those that did not vote for the incumbent srefuro why fan those fires.

I agree: it's more in keeping with the "historical highlights" nature of the show. Plus, if they only have to add a new President into the "roll call" section every 4-8 years rather than record and program entire speeches for their animatronic, the attraction presumably wouldn't have to be down for refurbishment for endless months in between administrations.

Lilofan

I agree: it's more in keeping with the "historical highlights" nature of the show. Plus, if they only have to add a new President into the "roll call" section every 4-8 years rather than record and program entire speeches for their animatronic, the attraction presumably wouldn't have to be down for refurbishment for endless months in between administrations.
There are rehabs that get done on WDW attractions every few years so HoP to be down for rehab every few years doesn't bother our family.

tpac24

I believe there is a lot of talk about freedom, yet you are saying that if I don't like the person that happens to be President that I am foolish to just silently protest by not going. Why is it better to sit through a presentation even though you feel that it dignifies a person that I feel is morally objectionable. My action is completely personal. There are people in life that I have decided are unhealthy for me to see, even if it is just an animatronic re-creation. I'm not inside making a fool of myself booing or cheering a robot, I'm just avoiding being reminded of something that absolutely scares the snot out of me. In all the years I've been going there this has never happened before concerning that show. It is a thing that is internally my reaction and I decided that I would not subject myself to that situation that only managed to instill anger in me. Right or wrong, it is my choice. If I were to decide not to ride BTM because I don't like coasters, would anyone be upset about that? Would they say... yes, but it is a fun ride and very well done. It is foolish to miss it because of some personal objection?
Not riding a roller coaster because of heights are not going into the HM because you may find it dark and creepy is way different than being triggered by animatronic giving a pre approved non controversial 2 minute speech because you disagree with their politics. We as a society have become so weak that it is almost scary.

Weather_Lady

Not riding a roller coaster because of heights are not going into the HM because you may find it dark and creepy is way different than being triggered by animatronic giving a pre approved non controversial 2 minute speech because you disagree with their politics. We as a society have become so weak that it is almost scary.
I'm curious as to why you think anybody has some kind of obligation to sit through HoP, or any other attraction, if they don't want to. You are quick to angrily name-call and accuse others of being "silly," "weak," or "petty," simply because you can't understand why they find something -- in the case of HoP, a particular version of American history, or even a particular speaker -- unpleasant or not worth their time. Then you extrapolate people's choice of park touring itineraries into a representation of some sort of cataclysmic societal ill.

Candidly, it sounds like you're the one with the fragile trigger. The bulk of us couldn't care less if others want to sit out experiences they don't find fun -- whether that's for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. Liberty and the pursuit of happiness: that's kind of the point, isn't it?

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I actually find it quite easy to understand why someone would want to avoid political reminders while in the Magic Kingdom. Let’s face it, the Hall of Presidents doesn’t exactly share the fun, escapist tone that characterises the rest of the park. While I myself would watch the show regardless of the incumbent, I would never criticise someone for making the decision to skip it in order to maximise their enjoyment of the park. That seems entirely sensible to me, and far more mature than sitting through something you dislike simply to prove that you can.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I actually find it quite easy to understand why someone would want to avoid political reminders while in the Magic Kingdom. Let’s face it, the Hall of Presidents doesn’t exactly share the fun, escapist tone that characterises the rest of the park. My own political views notwithstanding, watch the show I would never criticise someone for making the decision to skip it in order to maximise their enjoyment of the park. That seems entirely sensible to me, and far more mature than sitting through something you dislike simply to prove that you can.
Oh, you with your logic, common sense, and empathy! 🤦‍♀️

Kidding...you know I love you. 😘

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom