News The Hall of Presidents opens in August with President Joe Biden

Goofyernmost

What's the better show? Hall of Presidents of American Adventure? I think it's pretty close honestly.
Take into consideration the degree of mechanical magic that was created in American Adventure and there is not even a close contest. American Adventure is an incredible display of creativity with characters, for sure, but just the way the show progresses is unprecedented. HoP is mostly just stationary animatronics that turn their head slightly and shift weight from one side to another. Both great for their story, but mechanically impressive, there is no contest, American Adventure hands down.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

It's funny how unlike the animatronic the people suggested so far look to me!

A free Dole Whip for whoever guesses the person I'm thinking of (because I sure as hell can't!).
To me, he looks more like Gary Oldman.
quarantine-stream-dracula.jpg

rodserling27

Alright!!
Fun fact: I live 7 minutes from Biden's Delaware home. Been caught in a local "Joe jam" in traffic many times.
"Funner" fact: I can't wait to see him up there!
Even more fun fact: I was also super stoked to see the Trump, Obama, and Bush versions when they debuted! (Especially BHO and DJT, as they were brand new shows.) I do believe it is possible to be completely objective and enjoy the beauty and majesty of the show without crying about politics. (You'll never know who I voted for!)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honest observation: I find it interesting that Disney actually has to confirm that Trump will be placed among the other Presidents. I mean, he was President. Why the need to confirm that he’s still there?
I believe they were responding to comments on some internet hullabaloo about not doing that…so they shut it down. Wasn’t really much a question.

matt9112

Looks like a good sculpt of Biden based on that single photo. The update they did with Trump was very well executed, if they keep it largely the same with an updated role call and the current president speaking, I would call this a solid update.

With all that said, I think this show is ultimately too divisive in today's political climate to be inside a Disney park and I would welcome a logical replacement.

Nah people need to be able to disagree and not have a melt down. This to me is a symbolic rock in the sand in an otherwise barren landscape. Something that hasn't become a casualty.

Prince John

I think this show is ultimately too divisive in today's political climate to be inside a Disney park and I would welcome a logical replacement.
This is a classic MK attraction, and there are many of us who really enjoy it. A very good, bipartisan message has remained constant over the decades of the show. It needs to stay and keep that message going. If it's triggering to some, then they certainly should skip it and enjoy other offerings of the park. I'm glad Disney seems to want this show's tradition to continue onward.

Prince John

I have watched the HoP a total of 3 times give or take while Trump was in office and in none of those occasions did anybody act out of line with the supposed cheers and boos that I constantly read about on here.
Same here. I've seen every version of this show since Clinton, and have never heard any booing, literally ever. Occasionally a cheer or two, especially if it's really close from the premiere of a new POTUS's animatronic debut, but nothing disruptive. Usually after the first year has gone by since the most recent update, even the cheers seem to subside, and it seems like any normal park audience. Maybe I'm just not hitting the show at the right time, or maybe some of these stories are overblown. Either way, the majority of the general public seem to be mature enough to appreciate this attraction for what it is.

granfiesta

I can't wait to see the update. From the time that I first went to WDW in High School on a band trip, I've always loved the HoP regardless of who won the election. As some others have said, the newest movie that they have is incredibly well done.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looks like a good sculpt of Biden based on that single photo. The update they did with Trump was very well executed, if they keep it largely the same with an updated role call and the current president speaking, I would call this a solid update.

With all that said, I think this show is ultimately too divisive in today's political climate to be inside a Disney park and I would welcome a logical replacement.
If you can’t handle it…you don’t belong in the park

also if your 9 year old can handle it better than you…you don’t belong in the park

this aversion to history and self-reflection has to stop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom