News The Hall of Presidents opens in August with President Joe Biden

Trauma

Honest observation: I find it interesting that Disney actually has to confirm that Trump will be placed among the other Presidents. I mean, he was President. Why the need to confirm that he’s still there?
I think they say that every time.

I don’t think it really means anything.

trainplane3

Honest observation: I find it interesting that Disney actually has to confirm that Trump will be placed among the other Presidents. I mean, he was President. Why the need to confirm that he’s still there?
Probably to reassure fans of him that he's not being removed/cancelled/thrown in a dumpster. I did think it was a bit odd they pointed it out but to people that don't know what HoP is, it's probably a good idea to bring it up.

Like always, I'm looking forward to seeing HoP again in a little over a month.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Four months quicker than they got the last President in there and open. Not sure if the A-A or President Biden look more animated.
There was some additional work done to the attraction last time outside of just adding the new AA but this time around it sounds like just an update to the AA for the current President. Both George W and Clinton were done in a month. This time around it’s likely a covid delay as much as anything else.

iowamomof4

I read the article quickly, but I don't think it said a specific date in August. We'll be there 8/3-8/12, so it would be nice if we caught the opening. Even just for having another attraction open for the added capacity.

fngoofy

I wish they could just cast right from the face, or do a 3D scan and then cast from that.. it's eh, not really looking like him.
I agree on the scan, don't know why they don't being that it would only take a minute or so. They also have software now where if you feed in enough angles it will reproduce a 3d image.
Still, once you take that silicone mask and try and articulate it, all bets are off. It's the substructure that creates the different looks when we speak. You can have a great sculpture, but start animating it and everything goes to heck.
The older presidents look better because we don't know what they looked like speaking/moving and we don't know first hand what they looked like.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It's reminding me of an actor, but I can't quite conjure up the face or name of the person I'm thinking of!
99cb9862a0d9184bb63ed5f15d69da9471-patrick-stewart.rsquare.w1200.jpg

Face is very Patrick Stewart, rest of it I can't tell

champdisney

I love this attraction regardless of who's in office. Good thing it's integrity remains intact!
Really looking forward to hearing all the annoying cheers/boos for Obama again and all the new annoying cheers/boos for Trump when they do the roll call.
By any chance, are you making this up? I have watched the HoP a total of 3 times give or take while Trump was in office and in none of those occasions did anybody act out of line with the supposed cheers and boos that I constantly read about on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom