The Great WDW Ranking Podcast

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
For those who don't know me, I've been involved with the Imagineering side of this forum for a number of years and have run a podcast based on Disney and nerd culture for a literal decade. My most recent major project was "The Great Disney Ranking Podcast" where I took all 60 canon Walt Disney Animation Studios films...from Snow White to Encanto...and rewatched them. In the process I did a whole ranking and chronicled the ordeal in podcast form. I loved that project so much I simply HAD to do another one, which is where WDW comes into play. With @JokersWild as my cohost, we'll be counting down 65 WDW hand-picked WDW attractions from the bottom five all the way up to the top ten. Surprises, heartbreak, and controversial opinions are sure to follow. I'm stoked to get it started and equally stoked to have a dialogue with everyone on here about the rankings and your personal rankings. The link to the first episode (65-61) will be posted later today once I construct the thumbnail. In the meantime, what's YOUR bottom five WDW attractions?

Also here's part one of the Great Disney Ranking Podcast for the animated films if you're curious.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Here are the 65 attractions we'll be ranking in this series. Every episode after the bottom five will cover ten attractions a piece. All the meet n' greets and certain theater shows have been cut. The newest attractions (Ratatouille, Cosmic Rewind, Tron) will NOT be included. Runaway Railway and the Mickey Shorts Theater are the newest attractions on this list.

Alien Swirling Saucers
The American Adventure
Astro Orbiter
The Barnstormer
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Country Bear Jamboree
Dinosaur
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Flight of Passage
Frozen Ever After
Grand Fiesta Tour
The Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Impressions De France
It’s a Small World
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Jungle Cruise
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Liberty Square Riverboat
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
Living with the Land
Mad Tea Party
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
The Mickey Shorts Theater
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Mission Space
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
MuppetVision 3D
Na'vi River Journey
Peoplemover
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel
Rise of the Resistance
Rock N’ Roller Coaster
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Slinky Dog Dash
Smuggler’s Run
Soarin’
Space Mountain
Spaceship Earth
Splash Mountain
Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
Swiss Family Treehouse
Test Track
Triceratops Spin
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tom Sawyer Island
Toy Story Mania
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Walt Disney World Railroad

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
65. Lightning McQueen Racing Adventure
64. Triceratops Spin
63. The Mickey Shorts Theater
62. Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
61. Impressions de France

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
It's less about not liking it but based on your options a lot of my bottom choices will be shows and films vs attractions with some exceptions
That's absolutely understandable. I just have a HUGE soft spot for Impressions because of the music and the fact that it's literally the SINGULAR untouched opening day thing within all of Epcot. My list will be based on historical value, subjective opinion, and uniqueness. (a little blend of those three) The stuff towards the bottom of the list will mostly be things that either straight up don't fit into their footprint properly (looking at you, Magic Carpets) take up way too much space (hi, Speedway!) or are just straight up awkward/uncomfortable experiences (hey there social anxiety hell hole known as Laugh Floor :p )

spacemt354

Chili's
That's absolutely understandable. I just have a HUGE soft spot for Impressions because of the music and the fact that it's literally the SINGULAR untouched opening day thing within all of Epcot. My list will be based on historical value, subjective opinion, and uniqueness. (a little blend of those three) The stuff towards the bottom of the list will mostly be things that either straight up don't fit into their footprint properly (looking at you, Magic Carpets) take up way too much space (hi, Speedway!) or are just straight up awkward/uncomfortable experiences (hey there social anxiety hell hole known as Laugh Floor :p )
Actually on 2nd thought I might move it up the list a bit more. I mostly put it there because the Epcot circle vision shows I was never a fan of because you have to stand, but iirc France there are seats, so that improves it haha

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Actually on 2nd thought I might move it up the list a bit more. I mostly put it there because the Epcot circle vision shows I was never a fan of because you have to stand, but iirc France there are seats, so that improves it haha
Impressions de France 100 percent has seats haha. The catch is that it's not a full "circle" vision as there's no screens on the back wall, so it's more like one big screen in the middle and two big screens on the side. I actually really prefer that over the traditional CircleVision not even taking the standing issue into consideration.

JIMINYCR

Bottom 5.... Had to think it over and make some tough decisions but its good that there was a struggle to rate bottom choices. Even being bottom they arent that bad. Theres just that thing that makes them less likable or enjoyable.
61. Tomorrowland Speedway
62. Lightning McQueen
63. Alien Swirling Saucers
64. Impressions De France
65. Na'vi River Journey

ThemeParkPriest

65. Na'vi River Journey
Wow, you really don't like it! It definitely is light on drama, but it's a pretty chill and aesthetically pleasing.
Test Track Triceratops Spin
I'm not sure if our organizers saw that this was two rides but now I count 66...

So, I have 11 rides that I haven't been on, so here are the 6 I'm least excited about trying:
66. The Mickey Shorts Theater
65. Lightning McQueen
64. Magic Carpet
63. Barnstormer
62. Beauty and the Beast
61. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Last: Bob Chapek
Second to last: Park Res System
Third to last: ILL
Fourth from the bottom: Genie+
Least suckiest of the five: Harmonious

That’s my starting point. Not sure how many numbers I’m gonna need. There are good things - but if this is the starting point........

JIMINYCR

Wow, you really don't like it! It definitely is light on drama, but it's a pretty chill and aesthetically pleasing.

I'm not sure if our organizers saw that this was two rides but now I count 66...

So, I have 11 rides that I haven't been on, so here are the 6 I'm least excited about trying:
65. Lightning McQueen
64. Magic Carpet
63. Barnstormer
62. Beauty and the Beast
60. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Yes that’s why I’ve got it at my bottom spot. I don’t agree with your bottom ranked one either but that’s ok. We all have our reasons for why we like or dislike things. We each have attractions we are eager to do or those we’d rather avoid. I’d bet the rankings that get posted will vary greatly.

JokersWild

65. Lightning McQueen
64. Magic Carpet
63. Barnstormer
62. Beauty and the Beast
60. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
We're aware! That's what I had to talk to Tiki about after the show haha. We'll explain at the start of the next episode (in a little under 24 hours!), but what we've ended up doing is cutting One Man's Dream in favor of Beauty and the Beast, since Tiki has already ranked it. I'll try to see if he can update the first post.

ThemeParkPriest

51Dumbo the Flying Elephant
52Tomorrowland Speedway
53Swiss Family Treehouse
54Triceratops Spin
55Tom Sawyer Island
56Rise of the Resistance
57Slinky Dog Dash
58Finding Nemo: The Musical
59Journey into Imagination with Figment
60Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom