• The Great Movie Ride

Votes: 140 61.7%
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 87 38.3%

• Total voters

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Tough question. Trackless vs Track. Disney Theming vs Classic Movie Theming. I like the trackless aspect. But I liked the Classic Movie Theme and CM interaction. My vote kinda sways to to MMRR right now - but that's probably because of the "newness". I've ridden it half a dozen times. I think over time GMR will be the stronger of the two but the issue with GMR is they didn't do enough to keep it fresh.

HouCuseChickie

I couldn't vote when this first came out because I hadn't experienced MMRR. Now that I have, I can without a doubt say that MMRR is a win for me and a major improvement over GMR.

It probably doesn't help that I've always thought that GMR was a miss, as far as attractions go. I'm also kind of surprised when I see all of the love for it too, because I remember many people classified it as a dud in the early days. It wasn't until the announcement about it closing and being gutted came out that I saw all of this love for it. Our first visit to MGM was in 1991, we waited a LONG time to ride GMR, and we just weren't impressed. As a FL resident at the time, Universal became our go-to movie park because rides like this at MGM just weren't a draw for us. It wasn't until we had kids, who were too short to ride a lot of the Universal stuff, that we started going back to the park (as DHS). GMR became something to ride because there wasn't a ton to do and there was never a long wait. There was some nostalgia tied to GMR, but in this case, I feel like MMR is just a superior attraction and no amount of personal nostalgia is going to change that for me.

harryk

Finally got to ride MMRR and it does not deserve to stand where GMR stood. Should have taken up real estate in magic kingdom.
Can't say I disagree. and The updated cartoon drawings of Mickey and other Disney characters are an insult to Walt. In DisneyWorld the characters should be drawn as Walt would have them.

Goofnut1980

The thing is in my opinion, MMRR is cute and well done. But to go from a nice relaxing (maybe needed some updates) attraction that lasted 30 mins, to something that lasts 3 minutes is kind of sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom