The Great Movie Ride II - Hype/Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's

WowFactor

Sorry guys, I’ll be out again😔
Arg!
D84DB9CD-AFCE-4F8F-9F34-7D50C71890A8.jpeg

PerGron

Really? All I've heard from social media is that a) Ugly Sonic is in it and b) that Gaget [rode the Garfield ride] with Zipper.
It’s very tongue-and-cheek and meta and whatnot, so if you’re not into that it’s probably not for you, but I enjoyed it a great deal. Definitely fit my style of comedy at least.

tcool123

Just finished riding Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind! It was an insanely fun ride and I just couldn’t help but smile through the entire ride. It didn’t feel intense whatsoever nor did it feel like a coaster honestly.

During the second preshow you’re standing in a room with four walls, and all of the sudden the wall disappears and out of nowhere we’re on a Nova spaceship above Earth. The reveal was honestly so cool, and one of the coolest effects Ive seen Imagineering pull off!

PerGron

So I’m binging through the Disney animated canon (partially inspired by @TheOriginalTiki and his podcast ranking them all) and I’m reviewing them on Letterboxd.

I had a draft of a 30+ paragraph review of Fantasia that I thought was splendid so far and went on to finish it up and publish. I just logged on, went to continue working on it, and the entire draft is just gone. Not a single word saved. Absolutely over Letterboxd, this is ridiculous. How is anyone gonna read my 60 paragraph analysis of a movie with almost no dialogue??

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
So I’m binging through the Disney animated canon (partially inspired by @TheOriginalTiki and his podcast ranking them all) and I’m reviewing them on Letterboxd.

I had a draft of a 30+ paragraph review of Fantasia that I thought was splendid so far and went on to finish it up and publish. I just logged on, went to continue working on it, and the entire draft is just gone. Not a single word saved. Absolutely over Letterboxd, this is ridiculous. How is anyone gonna read my 60 paragraph analysis of a movie with almost no dialogue??
I too have been inspired by it, don't have the time to watch them all atm, but in time would like to - while others tend to rank MCU films or Pixar - archiving and ranking the Disney animated canon is something rarely have I seen - kudos @TheOriginalTiki !

Chaos Cat

Went on Cosmic Rewind today. Really loved it! Fun ride that manages to somehow not feel out of place in Epcot (I attribute that to the great queue, which manages to capture that classic Epcot feel).

One complaint I have, though, is that Disney really should of bettered prepared the outdoor queue. Like, the queue moves quick normally, but when we got in line, the ride was down and the line had to go into overflow... which was in that sorta backstage area that served as a bypass when the park entrance was being redone and looked like this:
cosmic-rewind-overflow-queue-umbrellas-2.jpg

Fun Fact: While looking a reference pic to use, I found out that they originally just used tape on the ground and didn't have any means of shade.

It's still a good ride and all, but Disney really should plan their queues better.

(Side note: during the preshow, when the guy on screen wonder what people called themselves, someone next to us said, "Underpaid," and that's been living rent free in my mind all day)

ThemeParkPriest

I too have been inspired by it, don't have the time to watch them all atm, but in time would like to - while others tend to rank MCU films or Pixar - archiving and ranking the Disney animated canon is something rarely have I seen - kudos @TheOriginalTiki !
After Covid hit, I watched through the Disney animated movies that I had not seen. Although I have not re-watched some of the movies I've seen in years, I created my rankings below (each tier has the movies ranked in order, too).

DisneyAnimatedMovies.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom