The Great Movie Ride II - Hype/Discussion Thread

D Hulk

hulk-scream.gif

SHE-HUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ˜

MickeyMouse10

The CG effects have been horrible lately (Doctor Strange, She-Hulk). Did they get the guy who did Joss Whedon's Justice League? Because it looks like a Playstation game from the early 2000s... and not a good one.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Competition Update

We are a little under a week a way from the formal start of the competition. Competition thread will be kicking off over the next several days along with Studio team announcements, etc.

If you haven't signed up yet, and have interest, there's still plenty of time. We've got a great cast so far, and look forward to any additional pickups this next week.​

tcool123

The CG effects have been horrible lately (Doctor Strange, She-Hulk). Did they get the guy who did Joss Whedon's Justice League? Because it looks like a Playstation game from the early 2000s... and not a good one.
I will concede with saying the CGI is rough on She-Hulk herself. However I disagree on Dr Strange having rough CGI, cant think of a scene with particularly bad moments?

I wouldnā€™t go as far as saying eary 2000ā€™s as @spacemt354 showed off that is really not the case. For now Iā€™m going to assume theyā€™re still working on the CGI, and those were not the final renders. Disney has been known to release trailers with unfinished CGI such as the release of the remake of Beauty and the Beast Teaser, and I believe it is the case until the show is released.

MickeyMouse10

I will concede with saying the CGI is rough on She-Hulk herself. However I disagree on Dr Strange having rough CGI, cant think of a scene with particularly bad moments?

I wouldnā€™t go as far as saying eary 2000ā€™s as @spacemt354 showed off that is really not the case. For now Iā€™m going to assume theyā€™re still working on the CGI, and those were not the final renders. Disney has been known to release trailers with unfinished CGI such as the release of the remake of Beauty and the Beast Teaser, and I believe it is the case until the show is released.

Hopefully you're right about She-Hulk.

Most of Dr. Strange's effects were pretty lousy though. Especially the ones involving America Chavez for some reason. The Octopus scene is one of the worst I've ever seen in a Marvel movie. If you compare it with Starro from Suicide Squad it is night and day.

AceAstro

However I disagree on Dr Strange having rough CGI, cant think of a scene with particularly bad moments?
The Octopus scene is one of the worst I've ever seen in a Marvel movie.

I think the noticeable parts of the bad CGI was partly due to the Avatar Teaser. We went from some of the most insane water CGI ever to a typical Marvel movie in the span of minutes so it was definitely noticeable.

the difference between these CGIā€™s is massive for them to be back to back
4F1CA869-2779-4A55-B9AC-348A0DE46993.jpeg

A2FD32F4-F828-4F1D-A2FE-4A708588C47C.jpeg

MickeyMouse10

I think the noticeable parts of the bad CGI was partly due to the Avatar Teaser. We went from some of the most insane water CGI ever to a typical Marvel movie in the span of minutes so it was definitely noticeable.

the difference between these CGIā€™s is massive for them to be back to back
View attachment 639655
View attachment 639656

Aaaaamazing, everything looks so completely real..... in the first pic.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
PREVIOUSLY ON THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE .....

In a slight departure from our project recap highlights from Season 1, we take a second to revisit Trailer Tuesday. During Season 1, Trailer Tuesday was a mid-week, one sentence style challenge offered to individual members of the studio teams to earn additional bonus points for their Studio. Entrants simply had to pitch a movie idea using 1-3 sentences based on a given theme, IP, etc. for that week.

During Scene 5, teams were tasked with pitching a future standalone Star Wars story not already planned or in production. Pixar Studios @mickeyfan5534 pitch of an Ashoka feature was one of the entries from that week. Hard to believe we'll be seeing this character come to life soon in a Disney+ series!

Pixar Studios Presents...

latest

Ahsoka: Last of the Knights
Set in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, Ahsoka follows the life and times of Tano Ahsoka as she survives as one of the last of the Jedi. Starring Ashley Erickson in one of her signature roles, the famous character is finally brought to life on the big screen for one of the greatest adventures in the Star Wars universe.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Competition Update

We are a little under a week a way from the formal start of the competition. Competition thread will be kicking off over the next several days along with Studio team announcements, etc.

If you haven't signed up yet, and have interest, there's still plenty of time. We've got a great cast so far, and look forward to any additional pickups this next week.​
Forgive me is I missed someone, but I count 16 so far.

@PerGron
@JokersWild
@AceAstro
@MickeyWaffleCo.
@TheOriginalTiki
@Disney Warrior
@Honey Bee (Rebooted)
@EmFromPlanetEarth
@DisneyFan32
@Brer Panther
@Sharon&Susan
@spacemt354
@Tegan pilots a chicken
@Henry Mystic
@FireMountain

@Miru

spacemt354

Chili's
Competition Update

@tcool123
@Outbound
@HomeImagineer
@montydysquith-navarro

spacemt354

Chili's
Competition Update

@SplashZander
@Chaos Cat
@TwilightZone
@DlpPhantom

spacemt354

Chili's
Competition Update

@NateD1226
@DashHaber
@Suchomimus
@Shannoninthemagic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom