The Great Movie Ride II - Hype/Discussion Thread

Suchomimus

Considering the reason for its removal is to expand the property to an entire land featuring multiple attractions and eateries, its closure isn’t sad, the main reason why you’d discuss something closing, other than “Radio shack at the mall closed this past week” “It was still open? We still have a mall near here?”
I only went there once and I had a feeling that it would close before EU is opened, but ouch. What a cold shoulder you've got.

Chaos Cat

Saw Doctor Strange today. It was good.

I've been hearing mixed opinions about Wanda in this movie, and after seeing the movie myself, I can see why. In insolation, Wanda as the villain works. She's an powerful and terrifying force to be reckoned with without being one-note and serves to further the themes of the movie, not to mention Olsen's acting is great as always. In the greater context of the MCU, though...

I'm going to be blunt here: this was not Wanda. This is a Salt Fic version of Wanda that somehow wandered into the canon universe. I'm not surprised to hear that Sami Rami didn't know Wandavision existed until near the end of the writing process, because wow, I haven't seen a character arc change tracks so hard and suddenly since Kylo Ren in Rise of Skywalker.

I'm glad Wandavision was as big of a hit as it ended up being, because otherwise this could of been the note Wanda goes out on and what a terrible note to end on.

Also, side note, the Illuminati in this were disappointing, but given that the comic version of them did nothing but mess up, it's par for the course, really.

Last edited:

Suchomimus

I’m rooting for a Nintendo based Cafe so Universal can finally start using that IP but more likely going to be a Minions Cafe given Minion Mayhem and the new Minion attraction they’re building next door. It just makes sense.
If Florida were to do a Nintendo Café, it would most likely be what Japan has done, overlaying its Schwab's Pharmacy and The Darkroom as the Mario Cafe and Store.

Evilgidgit

As much as I would like to join in a competition, sadly I really don't have time nowadays with work and all. :( But, since this is a film-based competition, I will be amongst the audience and enjoy the show!

cinema GIF

Disney Warrior

I can’t believe that it has literally been a year since I created this account and officially joined this forum. Time flies, I remember back when I was too timid and didn’t want to join a comp, but look at me now one year later, two dream resorts, two 1SC bronzes, and my first big comp that I’m not guest judging in: GMR 2! This community is just so welcoming, kind, and amazing, I have to thank some of you guys who really helped me become a better armchair imagineer like @spacemt354 , @Honey Bee (Rebooted) , @tcool123 , @MickeyMouse10 , and others, if it was not for you guys, I would be going nowhere in this forum! Here’s to another great year on WDWMagic, I can’t wait for what the future brings in store for me!

spacemt354

Chili's
I can’t believe that it has literally been a year since I created this account and officially joined this forum. Time flies, I remember back when I was too timid and didn’t want to join a comp, but look at me now one year later, two dream resorts, two 1SC bronzes, and my first big comp that I’m not guest judging in: GMR 2! This community is just so welcoming, kind, and amazing, I have to thank some of you guys who really helped me become a better armchair imagineer like @spacemt354 , @Honey Bee (Rebooted) , @tcool123 , @MickeyMouse10 , and others, if it was not for you guys, I would be going nowhere in this forum! Here’s to another great year on WDWMagic, I can’t wait for what the future brings in store for me!
You've come a long way - that's awesome! Here's to many more triumphs in the future!

Chaos Cat

Just heard of a game called Dislyte, decided to look it up, and got a new son in the process:

latest

Everyone, I want you to say hi to Trevor. He is my son now and if anything were to happen to him I will kill everyone in this room, including myself.

(Don't plan on playing the game myself (not a big fan of gacha games), but I still wanted give Dislyte a shout out because the character designs are amazing and not just the furry ones)

MickeyMouse10

Very surprising that nobody has brought up the recent closure of the Monsters Cafe.

I'm thinking they'll be going with a Minions Cafe. .... But I hope not, that would be way too many Minions things in one section.

What I'm hoping for is that they will build a "The Secret Life of Pets" ride, which is currently over in Hollywood. It's awesome and it fits the Production Central and New York sections like a glove.

JokersWild

It’d probably never happen, but I’d love it if they gave it a more neutral theme that could be redressed to fit various promotions. That’s what they do with the same restaurant space at USJ. Usually it gets some sort of anime overlay with a special menu with food featured in whatever property it’s themed to. It could be a great way to have some bigger Mardi Gras or HHN dishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom