The Grand Cottage returns to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort offering Easter goodies

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disneys-Grand-Floridian-Resort-and-Spa_Full_50706.jpg

UNCgolf

I hate that their flagship resort has a friggen food and wine festival booth in it

It's pretty ridiculous. The gingerbread house at Christmas is one thing, but this is just dumb -- especially considering some executives apparently thought the Grand Floridian wasn't luxury enough. Maybe it doesn't feel luxury because you're putting temporary food booths in the middle of the lobby.

It's still nowhere near as bad as the mess in the Contemporary concourse, though.

WorldExplorer

I agree that it's tacky, but after the Valentine's Day treat lineup, I am thrilled at the sheer amount of stuff that doesn't have milk and/or dark chocolate in it.

The festival booth that wandered off and got really lost is getting my money.

HouCuseChickie

The Imagineer in me 🤣 feels like this is a missed opportunity. While it would still technically be a booth, imagine if they had designed it like a giant Faberge egg and then did chocolate work (with edible paints and lusters) on the outside to make it like a giant ornate Easter egg. It would just tie it into the GFs Easter Egg display. Heck, if they really wanted to make it fun, instead of the Easter Bunny, they could have a rotating M&G with various Disney bunnies. Like the gingerbread house, if you make it fabulous, more people will come and spend $.

Robbiem

The Imagineer in me 🤣 feels like this is a missed opportunity. While it would still technically be a booth, imagine if they had designed it like a giant Faberge egg and then did chocolate work (with edible paints and lusters) on the outside to make it like a giant ornate Easter egg. It would just tie it into the GFs Easter Egg display. Heck, if they really wanted to make it fun, instead of the Easter Bunny, they could have a rotating M&G with various Disney bunnies. Like the gingerbread house, if you make it fabulous, more people will come and spend $.
I love this idea. Make it a rotating series of seasonal themes like the displays at the bellagio in las vegas and use it for appropriate meet and greet and merchandise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom