The goofy ways that WDW has changed your life

wsmith1978

For my partner and I, our first visit in 2009 changed our lives forever. We miss it ALL THE TIME when we're not there. We LIVE for that trip every year since. We text each other a lot, throughout the day, and we've learned to express our excitement and love for WDW in short phrases... slang, if you will. For instance, sometime we just text "WDW!" or "Wildnerness Lodge!" :) Just to let each other know we're thinking about it.

But my favorite has to be this text: "C3"
Do you see Mickey??? :p

It certainly has changed my yearly vacation PTO...when I request time off, my bosses don't bother to ask where I'm heading!

I listen to my Pandora WDW station (yup, there is one!) at work. My office cubicle is decorated in "Mickey" gear. We constantly talk about and plan future trips. It's a great pick-me-up after a hard day. We can't go shopping without stopping in our local Disney Store (where the staff knows us by name).

Oh, and lastly, it has changed the way I read the news...Every morning I check CNN, Weather, my local newspaper, and WDWMAGIC.COM to get my daily Disney 'news'. I feel so out of touch without it! And that has benefited me in many ways - especially their news posts about Be Our Guest opening reservation date, and then the details about the credit card fiasco - they saved me hassle x1000! :D

Upvote 0

KCheatle

To be honest, I don't know how it's "changed" me persay because I've never known life without it. I started going when I was 2 and went every year until I was about 13 and now go every year with my children. However, I do often wonder what people who have never experiened it long for? My husband had never been until we took our daughter and now he's obsessed. Same story for my sister-in-law. My husband always says that he didn't long for anything before experiencing Disney - just didn't think about it. I sometimes wonder if I'd be more content with life as it is had I never gone? But, then I think I'd rather have the week of joy and know that it exists then live without knowing that there is a place that I can go that gives me such happiness...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

1. Just this morning I said to my wife, "I'm was thinking about Disney".... without letting me finish my sentence, she said, "You're always thinking about Disney".
2. I now have a room in my house exclusively for my collected "Disney things".
3. Our kitchen, living room, hallways, bedrooms are decorated with Disney art, figurines, memorabilia.
4. I can be counted on by my friends to be the go to/correct answer person for any Disney related question.
5. I'm constantly searching for Disney sites and related things on the internet/ebay etc.
6. Most of my conversations start with " At Walt Disney World......"
7. I spend my spare time HERE.
:cool::D

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I so wish my DH was as much into Disney as I am, (Jessica from KK is working on that!!) But the closer the date gets, he does get excited... so not really sure it changes my life every year? but it keeps me in a great mood for a few months before we leave... and THAT makes DH VERY happy LOL

Upvote 0

AnnaDiehlio

To be honest, I don't know how it's "changed" me persay because I've never known life without it. I started going when I was 2 and went every year until I was about 13 and now go every year with my children. However, I do often wonder what people who have never experiened it long for? My husband had never been until we took our daughter and now he's obsessed. Same story for my sister-in-law. My husband always says that he didn't long for anything before experiencing Disney - just didn't think about it. I sometimes wonder if I'd be more content with life as it is had I never gone? But, then I think I'd rather have the week of joy and know that it exists then live without knowing that there is a place that I can go that gives me such happiness...:rolleyes:

I had never been before last year, for my 26th birthday my BF took me on my very first trip! I was in-love! I couldn't believe that I had never been before! We talked about how much we love it, and wanting to take trips every year, hence the trip this year! and planning for next year! We've been together almost three years and he was talking about how he can't wait for when we have kids and take them!! So yes I think it's a very magical place that does somewhat change your life! I was a happy person before disney but I'm much happier post disney!!

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Just keeping the kid in me alive. ;)
75.gif

Upvote 0

afar28

I never heard of the c3 Mickey thing but I love it and think its so creative! But WDW has changed my life because in my house their is a room dedicated to Disney with glass figures, plush's, Disney posters, ect. I also spend a lot of time on these boards.

Upvote 0

ishmael0316

I wanted to live in Alaska all of my life. I just LOVE snow and the cold. I planned a surprise trip to Walt Disney World for my wife and I on our 10th anniversary. The second I saw the castle, I wept. It was truly hard to stand as the emotions just overwhelmed me. I looked at my wife and she smiled as she wiped away my tears and said, "Well, there goes Alaska huh?" I said yes I need to be here, something is just speaking to me that it is my destiny to be here. A few years later, I am now a resident of Orlando. Dreams really do come true.

Upvote 0

Avenger117

Disney has a changed my life a bit. I listen to Disney park audio all the time now, every day!

Also Its because of Disney that I want to go into Hospitality Management/Project Management.

Upvote 0

quirkle

I totally get this - my first memories of my parents planning for Disney and going there. My husband never had gone until I took him when he was 24. He walked under the RR onto Main Street, looked at the Castle - spun around and said - OMG I get it!!! From then on he was hooked and we spent 14 days there for our honeymoon.

Bringing my own kids has been unbelievable. bringing my elddest at 2.5 to CRT and having SNow WHite wash her hands and put her on her lap then to have Ariel talk to her and the fireworks go off and my daughter jumps in her arms then when we were at 1900 all the characters followed my daughter around because she was so in love with them.

My youngest? She was an infant the first time around and then when she was 1 she stopped nursing while I was nursing her on small world.

Disney was my childhood - Disney has been my life - if I want to live a certain way I want to live the DIsney way.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

1. Just this morning I said to my wife, "I'm was thinking about Disney".... without letting me finish my sentence, she said, "You're always thinking about Disney".
2. I now have a room in my house exclusively for my collected "Disney things".
3. Our kitchen, living room, hallways, bedrooms are decorated with Disney art, figurines, memorabilia.
4. I can be counted on by my friends to be the go to/correct answer person for any Disney related question.
5. I'm constantly searching for Disney sites and related things on the internet/ebay etc.
6. Most of my conversations start with " At Walt Disney World......"
7. I spend my spare time HERE.
:cool::D

Yeah - this! :D Had to laugh as I was reading yours because it is basically me to a T too! My family and friends have even commented on my Facebook about me having a Disney "problem" because that is all that shows up on my Facebook every day! The good news is my wife and kids don't think I'm totally crazy because they are right there with me for the most part. A day doesn't go by in our house where we won't mention something about Disney. Heck, my wife even bought Mickey Mouse utensils that we use on a daily basis and our friends were like, "REALLY, well THAT figures!" :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Great question.We were sitting by a pool on our Greek holiday,in 2003,when my wife said," Do you fancy going to WDW Florida next year " to which I replied " not really " Well we went and I LOVED it.Since 2004 we go every two years.So to the question.Yes it has changed me as I really do think it's the most magical place in the world.We have also a room dedicated to Disney souvineers infact there's not a room in our house that doesn't have something Disney related.Am i goofy,not really,just mad as a hatter.:)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
It has changed my life in so many ways! I have OC Anxiety - and the only place I don't have it - that I don't feel anxious at all - is at DISNEY! So it literally helps me relax and calm down. Even talking about helps lower my anxiety and bp when i'm getting nervous or anxious. Also, I have become and expert on something. Everyone I know comes to me for help with their vacation planning. Every room of the house has a hidden Mickey. :) And all the kids I nanny for - they become Disney brain washed! :) hee hee Disney music, books, etc. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom