The Good Dinosaur on the brink of going Extinct?

Sped2424

Original Poster
This project has been seeing some difficulties with push backs and change of the creative team, but now it has all but disappeared from Pixar's upcoming film list. Which is worrying considering how it is their next feature. http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/04/02/have-the-good-dinosaur-and-finding-dory-been-shelved/
Now while I know there is no way finding dory got shelved I do think the good dinosaur is going the way of, well the dinosaurs. I believe finding dory is going to happen just due to all the fan buzz around it and the fact that they already had the big wigs announce some of the cast. As for the Good dinosaur well I think he is on his last legs.

Sped2424

Original Poster
It upsets me too, as this would be the second original film of theirs to go extinct. But if the project is taking resources away some of their other films Inside out, Dia de los muertos then I understand it's plug getting pulled. The story intrigued me, but I think they are having difficulties fleshing it out. Then again it could be fine, but the signs are all there that it isn't.

kap91

I'd like to see it, but if if is having story problems and they don't feel it will be up to their standards then I much prefer to see pixar be courageous enough to admit it and not release it. However, they're awfully far into production to abandon it.

|Q|

i'm not "upset", it's just that i really like dinosaurs! Of course, if they risk to end up with cr*p like disney's dinosaurs, well, then better shelve it for sure ;)

Can we go yet?

Another 'Newt'? Exactly how long has this film been in development? 6 years? 2 Directors? Ugh. I love the concept, just hoped if it is shelved, they eventually come back to it.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Another 'Newt'? Exactly how long has this film been in development? 6 years? 2 Directors? Ugh. I love the concept, just hoped if it is shelved, they eventually come back to it.
I wonder if 2 directors for animated films is becoming the norm now, or at least for projects that need to be sped up.

NiarrNDisney

I thought its release date was pushed back to Nov. 2015 because Pete Docter or maybe it was Brad Bird were not happy with the ending and wanted to tighten up some loose ends?

lazyboy97o

Looking at the Way Back Back Machine, the last archive of the Upcoming page in February lists Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur, Inside Out, and Pixar's Untitled Movie About Dia de los Muertos. These listings include the old release dates from before the delay of The Good Dinosaur. My guess would be that Finding Dory has never been listed on the website with Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur being removed [near] simultaneously. Definitely interesting since it my impression is that Pixar is not too concerned with keeping their website up-to-date.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Looking at the Way Back Back Machine, the last archive of the Upcoming page in February lists Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur, Inside Out, and Pixar's Untitled Movie About Dia de los Muertos. These listings include the old release dates from before the delay of The Good Dinosaur. My guess would be that Finding Dory has never been listed on the website with Monsters University and The Good Dinosaur being removed [near] simultaneously. Definitely interesting since it my impression is that Pixar is not too concerned with keeping their website up-to-date.
The Way back machine, did you see the new Mr. Peabody and Sherman film? I thought it was fantastic, few stories out there focus on adoptive relationships.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I thought its release date was pushed back to Nov. 2015 because Pete Docter or maybe it was Brad Bird were not happy with the ending and wanted to tighten up some loose ends?
It got pushed back because it received a creative overhaul that involved letting the previous Director I believe go. Which is troubling news, brave got the same treatment and I think we can all agree that film isn't Pixars best or up to their standard of quality.

NiarrNDisney

It got pushed back because it received a creative overhaul that involved letting the previous Director I believe go. Which is troubling news, brave got the same treatment and I think we can all agree that film isn't Pixars best or up to their standard of quality.

Maybe not but a few other of PIXARs movies have been given the same treatment as well as gone through the "Braintrust" and other PIXAR formalities and have become great successes so who knows I guess we can only wait another year and see what happens. There are a few other projects they are working on such as Finding Dory, Incredibles 2, Inside Out and the Dia de los Muertos project so they could just have a little bit to much on there plate at the moment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom