The "Golf Resort" and the "WDW Village Resort"?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Were any of the Village Resort structures used for SSR?
The one that springs to mind was the Village clubhouse; it was added to and extended to create the check in hall and Artists Palette. Sadly the original architecture and atmosphere of the resort itself has all been removed. Let me dig up some pics.

Here you go.... I`ve placed a red dot between the building and the waterway on both pictures since you may not recognise it.

Attachments

• Clubhouse LBV and Saratoga compare.jpg
    Clubhouse LBV and Saratoga compare.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 48

disney9752

GF opened June 28, 1988. No idea what was involved with the monorail.

It was simply built around the track. An interesting note, since it was being built after the markVI monorails were ordered the platform was built at the correct height for them, so it was the only station that did not need alterations for the new trains.

noname70

Original Poster
The one that springs to mind was the Village clubhouse; it was added to and extended to create the check in hall and Artists Palette. Sadly the original architecture and atmosphere of the resort itself has all been removed. Let me dig up some pics.

Here you go.... I`ve placed a red dot between the building and the waterway on both pictures since you may not recognise it.

Love those pics-thanks

Communicore

I was on a WDW 70's mode this weekend so I checked this out. I love the Pro Shop, it is still stuck in the 70's and it even smells like it! They sell current stuff of course but it's great they didn't tear this down and built a modern pro shop. The restaurant also seemed 70's but just a short walk ahead you're at the gift shop/food court, such a jarring contrast! I hope this stays the same. I also noticed the old pool is now filled in and had a lawn on top, but it is still a square patch so its obvious and the "before" pic helped in finding it's location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom