The Golden Girls House

Merlin0402

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the Golden Girls house on Residential Street was ever used in the show? And also, is it still mentioned on the tour? I'm trying to find out as much info as possible before they tear it down. Has anyone ever been inside of it? What other houses are on Residential Street?

cuteypatooty78

Originally posted by Merlin0402
Does anyone know if the Golden Girls house on Residential Street was ever used in the show? And also, is it still mentioned on the tour? I'm trying to find out as much info as possible before they tear it down. Has anyone ever been inside of it? What other houses are on Residential Street?

When I was there last September it was still there and still mentioned on the tour. :)

Epcot is my fav

there is no "inside" its a false front......

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The Golden Girls house was used in the show when they showed the outside of the house. It is an empty shell house so no show scenes were filmed inside.

meeko_33785

I've read that the Golden Girl's facade on the Residential Street was used in the 5th season of the series (and possibly the ones after that, I'm not sure if that was the last season, the web site didn't say). The first few seasons, they used a real house that was in Brentwood, California.

According to the tour guides, every house on the street were used in either a movie, TV Show, or commercial. Other films and TV Shows that I know of that they used the street on was Empty Nest, Disney Channel's Adventures in Wonderland, Splash Too, and one of the Ernest Movies (I think Ernest Saves Christmas).

Timekeeper

Adventures In Timekeeper Land

Originally posted by meeko_33785
Other films and TV Shows that I know of that they used the street on was... Disney Channel's Adventures in Wonderland...

Yup, and the TV series was filmed in the soundstages there at MGM Studios. Same place where the Mickey Mouse Club was shot.

I wonder whatever became of the actress from the Wonderland tv series...?? I know that the rollerblading rabbit had a small role as the elevator operator in Pretty Woman.

Is it possible to take the tram ride and still see these houses? Or is it too late? I saw on the MGM schedule that the tram ride was only running Fri-Sun, and it would be closed other days for rennovation. If there's any time where I can go and catch a last look at these houses before demolition, please let me know!

Tk

meeko_33785

Re: Adventures In Timekeeper Land

Originally posted by Timekeeper
wonder whatever became of the actress from the Wonderland tv series...??

Last time I saw her was her role as the President's daughter on the Wonderful World of Disney film "My Date with the President's Daughter" with Will Fradell (sp?) from "Boy Meets World". Haven't seen her in anything since though.

Don L Duck

TEAR IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? :confused:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Re: Adventures In Timekeeper Land

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Is it possible to take the tram ride and still see these houses? Or is it too late?

I took the tour yesterday, and the tram still goes through Residential Street like it always did. They did change the route prior to that though. Immediately after you leave the station, you go through the shop/costuming tunnel. You continue going straight, past bungalows, and eventually take a right. You go past the animation building and then take another right onto the road between the soundstages and the costuming building (you drive right past the Millionaire queue). You then take one last right turn and then it's on to Residential Street and the rest of the route, which remained unchanged. I don't know if this is a permanent change or if it was a temporary thing. I liked this route better, since you get to see a little more.

Merlin0402

Original Poster
I can't believe that they are about to tear down the entire street. Is the new show really gonna take up that much room? Long live the Golden Girls!!!!!!!

BigNorm

NOOOO!!!!! This stunt show means the end of the Golden Girls and Empty Nest houses. I never thought about it. Well sometimes we have to let somethings go in life. I will miss that house though.:(

P.S. I agree with Speedo Bob that Bea Arthur is hot.:lol:

Speedo Bob

Hey kenan and Big Norm.

Thank You for being a friend.
Traveled down the roads and back again.
Your heart is true and your a pal and a confindal.

And if I threw a party and invited every one you knew.
You would see that the biggest gift would be from me
and the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

SewIn2Disney

This is too weird!! I originally signed onto the internet to start a "save the golden girls house" thread and as soon as i got to the website here it is!

The golden girls is my absolute favorite show. I watch it 6 times a day everyday on the Lifetime network. That house is the only reason I go on the backlot tour! I take a picture of it every time i go on that attraction...i must have at least 10 pictures.

But there has been no "official" word on weather or not Residential street will be torn down so there is still a glimmer of hope.

Speedo Bob....I'm right with you. I'm playing the theme song over and over and over on my computer.

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by Speedo Bob
I think that Bea Arthur is kinda hot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WAY TOO FUNNY... we all know that Estelle Getty is the hottest of the RED HOT Golden Girls...

...and if you threw a party, invited everyone you knew...
you would see the biggest gift would be from me,
and the card attatched would say thank you for being a friend..
bum, bum, bum, buuuummm....bummmm
i don't know what scares me more in life, monsters or me knowing the golden girls theme... lol. i will def. miss that house but VIVA LA AUTO STUNT SHOW!

Merlin0402

Original Poster
Everyone, since the destruction of the house apparently starts tomorrow, we need to try and get pictures of the house while it is being torn down. I think that seeing that house in ruins will be quite traumatic, but at the same time, oddly fascinating...

Luke1984

They mentioned the Golden Girls house when I went on the tour in late May.

But really...c'mon guys! It's a false front to a tv show house! The show hasn't even been on for 13 years! Disney just can't never get rid of anything. We had to say goodbye to Horizons to get Mission:Space, Mr. Toad for Pooh, Captain Eo (thank God) for Honey I Shrunk. It's not a good deal. We can still see Golden Girls on Lifetime and eventually on DVD.

Speedo Bob

I think the Golden Girls house should stay at MGM 4ever. The show is a classic and classics like the Golden Girls should not go ignored.

Golden Girls RULE period!!!!

PS I really do have a school boy crush on Bea, there is just something about her that is different then the others.

Residents Eviction Notice

I was at MGM on the 25th of June and got the tour through the 'other' part of the studio behind animation with the bungalows and such. they did however take us through the residential and catastrophe canyon. I noticed several differences that would sure show signs of changes to come. First of all there where alot of temporary above ground small misting type sprinklers around major trees running constantly ( a good sign that they are softening the ground around the tree and preping it for removal). Second, The larger items on the bonyard have been removed, like the trolly car from Roger Rabbit and big Black Boat. Alot of unmistakabe tracks from items being removed. Third, the pink caddy that typically are parked in the one house was not there either. Get your gimpse quick it might not be there for much longer...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom