Pre-Trip The Gang’s All Here

The Who: My dad (S), my stepmom (J), my stepsister (A), my boyfriend (M), and me (Britt)!

The When: August 3rd-August 11th

The Where: Grand Floridian Sugarloaf, club level

The Why: To use my AP one last time

So, this trip has been a bit unlike our usual planning. I’ve taken the lead on this one, a position normally held by my dad - the passing of the proverbial torch if you will 😂

M and I had decided when we made our trip last fall that we would upgrade my ticket to AP to get the discounts and Memory Maker. We had 6 day park hoppers so to break even, I would only need a short trip. We originally planned to go the first week in September and even booked a room at one of the All Stars resorts. The fall has been good to us and we were super excited...until GE’s opening date was announced. I knew there was no way that I could handle those crowds, so we decided to push up the vacation a month.

This worked out perfectly because my stepsister would still be on summer break and my family would be able to meet us down there. M and I booked a room at Coronado and my family booked at the Boardwalk. It would be great - we’d meet up when we want but still be able to have some alone time if needed.

Well, that all changed on FP day. After going in and making our choices (getting everything we wanted at that 🙌🏻), I decided to mess around with our dates to see if a room at the Wilderness Lodge was available and at a reasonable rate. Unfortunately, these rooms weren’t that great. However, during my sleuthing, I saw that a Club Level room at the Grand Floridian was only about $20 more than a room at the Boardwalk. I texted my day a quick screen shot (aka - wanna split this room with us) and got on the phone with Disney. After a short phone wait, I finally got a rep who let me know that there were no more rooms at that price. I was ready to break the bad news to dad when she followed up with a “but there is one for $30 more than what you saw online.” Sold! I grabbed the room at that price which was a bit more than expected but still drastically less than the typical rates for club level.

And that’s how we’re here. We’ve gone from a value to a moderate to a club level deluxe in the span of about 100 days. Now that we’ve got the basics out of the way, we can get into the fun part-Fastpasses and dining reservations! See you in the next post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom