News The future of Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios

eddie104

With the influx of people they are about to get, they can't afford to close anything, especially with Galaxy's Edge only having one attraction when it opens. The crowds that will be coming to Galaxy's Edge will need other stuff to do, and let's be real, a large percentage of people going to DHS over the next couple of years will be there mostly for Star Wars, so giving them Star Wars and slowly phasing the non-Galaxy's Edge Star Wars stuff is probably the right move.

With Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (whenever that is), and all of the various shows, meet and greets, etc, DHS will be in a good place to take a rest from construction for a while so Epcot can take over as the "pardon our pixie dust" park for a while and maybe (JUST MAYBE) we can get the Yeti fixed over at DAK.
I absolutely agree that DHS needs all the capacity it can get. But by adding more rides and updating the current shows it can build upon that. I’m not expecting a new land to open like two years from now but in the next five it’s going to need something soon.

Last edited:

wdrive

In the same vein as the stilt walking robot guy in Pandora I'd expect to see things like that march move over once crowds become reasonable.

FrankLapidus

I love Launch Bay but hopefully that space will eventually be utilised for something else if/when that area of the park gets the attention it needs.

Don't think there's any argument for getting rid of Star Tours personally, I still love it as much as I always have. I wouldn't be opposed to a new Indiana Jones land replacing the stunt show on that side of the park though.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I adore ST. It is one if the few parts of WDW that is better now than before. Post-2011 ST is near perfect, long may it stay.
Star Tours could be turned down a notch so as to be accessible to all ages since Galaxy's Edge will have minimum heights. They should consider keeping it.
You're onto something. They should dedicate one speeder to run ST with minimal or no motion.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
The stage show bothers me the most though, because the stage is very ugly and Runaway Railway deserves to be the focal point when it opens without any distractions in front of it.
Even if SWAGFFA were to close, the stages wouldn’t be going anywhere. Those stages were an expensive pain in the butt to get & were themed generically so that any theme park show can happen on them, not just Star Wars. Sorry to burst your bubble.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd take the BAH over that stage. It is extremely ugly, and we all know that Disney is capable of building a permanent stage that looks like it's meant to be there. The current stage looks temporary and out of place, and it's frustrating that the hat came down only to be replaced with another eyesore. I have nothing against shows in front of the theater, but a nice looking stage would help a lot.
At least they get rolled out once shows are done for the day.

mm52200

If I recall correctly, isn't part of the stage still visible in the evening? I don't think it's completely hidden after the shows are done, like there are some raised metal poles or something that still obscure the theater.
Nope. For over the past year the old temporary stage has been replaced by the mobile stages. Three mobile performance platforms that are driven out of the park every day after the final shows of the day leaving a clear view of the Chinese Theatre and an open plaza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom