The Four Most Popular Fantasyland Rides

IcicleM

Original Poster
1. Peter Pan
2. It's A Small World
3. The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
4. Snow White's Scary Adventures

So what do you do when you want to ride these rides, the lines are WAY too long, and the fast passes are either gone, or are for a time you don't want to wait to come back to?

Well here's the answer: After the fireworks, and near park closing time (literally, like, 11:30-11:45) go to these rides, and I garuntee you will hop right on. It's all about timing, though. It's A Small World is longer than Snow White and Peter Pan, so start with Snow White, then Peter Pan, then Winnie the Pooh, then jump on It's A Small World. Even if you've BEEN on It's A Small World before the 50th Anniversary, and you don't want the dang song to be stuck in your head again, try and see it at least once before you leave Disney World because the new entranceway is great, and the song has been enhanced so you can hear all of the countries voices more clearly, and everything's a lot brighter, repainted, and more magical than before. It teaches the great lesson that we're all equal, and we're all people, no matter what kind of civilation or history we're from.

Woody13

IcicleM said:
It teaches the great lesson that we're all equal, and we're all people, no matter what kind of civilation or history we're from.
No, we are not all equal and IASW doesn't teach that theory.

IcicleM

Original Poster
Sorry old man, but I guess you're stuck in the times of yesterday. If you'll notice, during the entire ride, there are different children and people presenting their different cultures, and at the end, all of the different cultures are in one room, dressed in silver and white, and the room is silver and white, and they're singing the following lyrics:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

Looks like someone needs to go back and ride the ride again ^_^' To me, we are all equal, because we all exsist in the same world, and though we live in different cultures, we are all sharing and living in the same world. Each one of us has the right to live, the right to smile, the right to sing, the right to laugh, and the right to be a person. That's the imagery Walt Disney tried to present through it's a Small World, and if you can't see that image, maybe you shouldn't be going to Disney parks. Hmmmm?

Woody13

For your information, neither the song nor the attraction has anything to do with equality. The song refers to basic human rights. The point being that regardless of race, color, religion, nationality or sexual preference we should all have basic rights. Unfortunately, in the real world that is not the case. Basic human rights and equality are not the same thing.

It's a Small World was first created by Walt Disney for the 1964 World's Fair. It was sponsored by Pepsi and it's title was, "It's a Small World - A Salute to UNICEF". UNICEF is the United Nations Children's Fund. UNICEF was created because of the rampant inequality and discrimination faced by many children in the world. Go here for more details:

http://www.unicef.org/about/who/index.html

"UNICEF is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. We believe that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. UNICEF was created with this purpose in mind – to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path. We believe that we can, together, advance the cause of humanity."

IcicleM

Original Poster
I know what UNICEF is, but you're moving away from the entire point of this post. The point is, it's a popular ride.

And for your information, I'm Gay, and appreciate equal rights just as much as the next one. We ARE equal, but because of the ignorance of people, many do not view those of a different sexuality, or those who live in poverty as being equal. That was the message I was trying to say. Don't go blasting my hopes that people will change their minds. Me and the rest of my friends still have hopes of spreading knowledge and understanding

Halfling418

People look really deep into this...

I always just got the impression that the song shows that no matter how different we may seem, we all experience the same basic emotions and longings, so we have much more in common than upon first glance. A simple message easy enough for kiddies to understand.

wdwishes2005

Halfling418 said:
People look really deep into this...

I always just got the impression that the song shows that no matter how different we may seem, we all experience the same basic emotions and longings, so we have much more in common than upon first glance. A simple message easy enough for kiddies to understand.
really... i got the impression that the song was put in there to get in the minds of people, and drive them crazy till their head explodes.... just my theory though....

Wilt Dasney

The message of It's a Small World is clear...overpopulation by smiling, singing children will soon force us to leave our tiny planet, or small world, and colonize the moon. (Geez, I got that riding it when I was 5.)

Woody13

IcicleM said:
I know what UNICEF is, but you're moving away from the entire point of this post. The point is, it's a popular ride.

And for your information, I'm Gay, and appreciate equal rights just as much as the next one. We ARE equal, but because of the ignorance of people, many do not view those of a different sexuality, or those who live in poverty as being equal. That was the message I was trying to say. Don't go blasting my hopes that people will change their minds. Me and the rest of my friends still have hopes of spreading knowledge and understanding
Human rights and equal rights are not the same. Your point is moot.

Unity

Woody is an argumentative old coot. Better suited to Washington than the wonderful fantasy world of disney! Chill....... or try taking a break

lamarvenoy

Woody's age is not the point, don't make this personal( and for the most part with age comes knowledge anyway). Woody is right on this one,he might be argumentative but he gets his facts straight before he smacks you down.The ride IS about UNICEF and children's rights. You guys are newbies here and Woody has been here a long time,his opinion is respected and personal attackers don't last long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom