the former... Sounds Dangerous / Monster Sound?

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
New Years has passed. The Comedy Warehouse have gone.

Martin Short, Chevy Chase, and Drew Carey all want to know if there is aNy word on what this prime location will become?

jmuboy

MONSTER SOUND Show was a great show and theme appropriate. If restaged, refilmed with 2012 stars and reintroduced now it could be a crowd pleaser again.

wdwfan4ver

I really don't know having the spot as a show is a great idea now days. DHS has a lot of shows and a lack of rides. I know DHS always been known for shows dating back to when I first went to WDW in 1991 when DHS was known as Disney-MGM Studios. The problem is DHS is known as a half day to a good amount of guests like Animal Kingdom is and DHS has the reputation of not having a lot of family friendly rides..

There is no word on what is going to happen to the space. I am hope the space isn't going to be used for conventions only, only for the holidays, or nothing happens to the space before American Idol experience closes.

wdwfan22

I thought the current rumor floating around was that the Jedi training academy was moving into the theater for awhile.

RSoxNo1

I thought the rumor was that "something" was going to take up both the Sounds Dangerous building as well as the American Idol building.

wdwfan4ver

I thought the rumor was that "something" was going to take up both the Sounds Dangerous building as well as the American Idol building.

It is the latest rumor, but the insider who mentioned this is a concern in this case. The source of that rumor also said "if the ratings dip again for this show,then the attraction will also disappear".

The source of that comment is questionable in terms of really being an insider a first place after source was called out in the Test Track thread on a couple things. That person was called out for claiming that there is some arguing between the two parties concerning Test Track, when everything was signed and agreed upon. That person also was called out by Raven for claiming the the next DVC resort is built connected to Epcot, when the next DVC resort will not be built in Epcot.

The person I am referring to first became a member on these forums in 2011. I am not saying that the person is wrong about Disney is looking at taking up the two buildings, but the person is questionable as an insider based on other people as insiders correcting the insider I am referring to.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Expect it to be used during busy periods for more Comedy Warehouse- at least in the short term.

RSoxNo1

Sounds like what it was before - seasonal operation, only instead of Sounds Dangerous, it'll be Comedy Warehouse instead.

That's certainly a step in the right direction. Honestly, I saw the Comedy Warehouse show and while I was entertained, I don't view it as anything more than a seasonal offering inside the parks.

Mike730

It is the latest rumor, but the insider who mentioned this is a concern in this case. The source of that rumor also said "if the ratings dip again for this show,then the attraction will also disappear".

The source of that comment is questionable in terms of really being an insider a first place after source was called out in the Test Track thread on a couple things. That person was called out for claiming that there is some arguing between the two parties concerning Test Track, when everything was signed and agreed upon. That person also was called out by Raven for claiming the the next DVC resort is built connected to Epcot, when the next DVC resort will not be built in Epcot.

The person I am referring to first became a member on these forums in 2011. I am not saying that the person is wrong about Disney is looking at taking up the two buildings, but the person is questionable as an insider based on other people as insiders correcting the insider I am referring to.

Phew, I'm glad you said something because I was thinking the same thing but thought maybe I was just being weird. I'm waiting for this poster to really bring us something insider before I trust the information given. And, my title might say "new here" but I follow Disney pretty darn closely and I prowled these boards for years before finally making an account, so I generally have and idea about most of the posters.

On topic..... I really think DHS need another ride, but given the lack of chance for that and the small space, I like the idea of Comedy Warehouse there. It beats Sounds dangerous for me.

JIMINYCR

The visits we made to the Comedy Warehouse were lively and fun. Usually included some puns which knocked Disney around about the costs of visiting the parks and doing business. Some of the routines were close to being more adult in nature due to the night time atmosphere of the site. It might fit in DHS with more appropriate family based comedy. Although anything would be better than an empty building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom