The fate of Star Tours?

Kamikaze

No one tell Universal about this, they might get upset about Disney breaking the no Avengers East of the Mississippi contract... ;)

In your selective reading, you missed the part where I said 'if Disney gets the rights back'.

Nah, the video is extremely Hong Kong Specific. You take off from Hong Kong Disneyland and fly over the city. Unless they're planning on setting a ride at DHS in Hong Kong Disneyland, the film should stay exclusive.

Its set at a Stark Expo in Hong Kong. Can just put it in the story that either you're being transported to HK in the queue, or just change the opening/closing to fit the new location.

Kamikaze

Well no considering that Star Wars Land is going to be separated from Star Tours by Muppets. The only thing that would make sense is to replace Star Tours, Not that I am saying that everything Disney does makes sense.

Well, they could also get rid of Muppets for a SW show and retheme the whole area from Star Tours to SWL as SW.

clemmo

I foresee an announcement about a new land in the studios where they will remove Indy theater and whatever that themed land is will take over and incorporate star tours with the new theme.
I agree this could open well after SWL opens and the dust has settled. They could retheme this and add maybe another attraction and restaurants over at where current Indy show is

PizzaPlanet

I remember Zootopia being thrown around as an idea, with Flash as your driver. Although that would be a really akward fit for Tomorrowland.

Why can't Star Tours be moved to Tomorrowland? Has this ever been in the cards? A much needed capacity boost, and it won't take away from the SWL experience since it's in a different park. There are already the same IPs represented in multiple parks. You know TDO would love selling more Star Wars merch.

Chet Dakota

Expect Tours to get an episode nine option mid 2019. And for it to run as-is for a year or two beyond that.

What is the chance of ST getting a Ep 8 option? I have not read or seen anything about it, but we just got the Ep 8 trailer on Friday.

I still wish they had done a Rogue One scene.

BrianLo

The Iron Man Experience is not leaving Hong Kong. For a litany of reasons I won't bother repeating. If the great divide of Muppets Land is too much to handle, I can't fathom why people think a legal contract a continent or esplanade and the Pacific Ocean is sensible.

The bicoastal development of a new offering seems eventually more likely. Again, not this decade as @marni1971 highlights.

They are committed to the new destinations for the episodic films and Tokyo/Paris (and the Studios) will ensure that content keeps flowing. WDW in particular is too miserly to pass up something new for 'free'.

SirLink

The Iron Man Experience is not leaving Hong Kong. For a litany of reasons I won't bother repeating. If the great divide of Muppets Land is too much to handle, I can't fathom why people think a legal contract a continent or esplanade and the Pacific Ocean is sensible.

The bicoastal development of a new offering seems eventually more likely. Again, not this decade as @marni1971 highlights.

They are committed to the new destinations for the episodic films and Tokyo/Paris (and the Studios) will ensure that content keeps flowing. WDW in particular is too miserly to pass up something new for 'free'.

Already disclosed to @marni1971 months ago what I was told was going into Star Tours locale and Disneyland version once Star Wars Land opens. I have heard that looks to be the most likely option.

HauntedMansionFLA

Star Tours stays with new rockwork for a different environment than SWL. Sadly, Muppets will be toast to focus on the various SW cartoons. Kids love it and it do great in retail and dining.

raymusiccity

Why can't Star Tours be moved to Tomorrowland? Has this ever been in the cards? A much needed capacity boost, and it won't take away from the SWL experience since it's in a different park. There are already the same IPs represented in multiple parks. You know TDO would love selling more Star Wars merch.
Makes even more sense, since Tomorrowland is morphing into Discoveryland !

Goofyernmost

They have a bunch of cartoon content to use that would be perfect for that area and focus on the younger crowd while keeping Star Tours.
A land is one thing, but a huge amount of park space dedicated to just one IP is just not a good use of the property. I know it is hard to believe, but, there are a large number of people that may or may not be fans of Star Wars, but, are interested in things other then Star Wars.

Example... What would Adventureland be like if it had nothing but Pirates related attractions? Or Frontierland with nothing but Splash Mtn. attractions. Or Fantasyland with nothing but Cinderella?

jaxonp

A land is one thing, but a huge amount of park space dedicated to just one IP is just not a good use of the property. I know it is hard to believe, but, there are a large number of people that may or may not be fans of Star Wars, but, are interested in things other then Star Wars.

Example... What would Adventureland be like if it had nothing but Pirates related attractions? Or Frontierland with nothing but Splash Mtn. attractions. Or Fantasyland with nothing but Cinderella?

Fantasyland is a Land full of princesses... it's really no different than SWE.

britain

Expect Tours to get an episode nine option mid 2019. And for it to run as-is for a year or two beyond that.

The question is, is "year or two" dictated by "we want to sop up the overflow of SWL excitement" or is it dictated by "we have a great new attraction in mind and the soonest we can put it there is a year or two after SWL."

I suspect the former.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom