The fallacy of "If you can dream it..."

VJ

Original Poster
We've all heard it before: "If you can dream it, you can do it" erroneously attributed to Walt Disney, when the quote was written 16 years after he died. Personally bugs me every time I see it posted as a Walt quote; especially when it's coming from Disney themselves (which still does happen, most recently on paper cups sold at Walt Disney World).

If you want a quote along the same lines that has actually been attributed to Walt Disney, try this one: "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."

Moving slightly off of the topic (but still in the ballpark), what's your favorite quotation of Walt's? Here's mine:
“Well, I think by this time my staff are convinced that Walt is right. That quality will win out. And so I think they’re going to stay with that policy because it’s proved that it’s a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them. Keep the place as clean as you can keep it. Keep it friendly, you know. Make it a real fun place to be. I think they’re convinced and I think they’ll hang on after… as you say… well… after Disney.” – Walt Disney

KBLovedDisney

“All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.”

Tony the Tigger

We've all heard it before: "If you can dream it, you can do it" erroneously attributed to Walt Disney, when the quote was written 16 years after he died. Personally bugs me every time I see it posted as a Walt quote; especially when it's coming from Disney themselves (which still does happen, most recently on paper cups sold at Walt Disney World).

If you want a quote along the same lines that has actually been attributed to Walt Disney, try this one: "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."

Moving slightly off of the topic (but still in the ballpark), what's your favorite quotation of Walt's? Here's mine:
“Well, I think by this time my staff are convinced that Walt is right. That quality will win out. And so I think they’re going to stay with that policy because it’s proved that it’s a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them. Keep the place as clean as you can keep it. Keep it friendly, you know. Make it a real fun place to be. I think they’re convinced and I think they’ll hang on after… as you say… well… after Disney.” – Walt Disney

That might not fit on a cup. 😉

Cmdr_Crimson

And I'm going to leave this here....

Rumrunner

My favorites: 'Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.'

"The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."

Driver

"Part of the Disney success is our ability to create a believable world of dreams that appeal all age groups, the kind of entertainment we create is meant to appeal to all members of the family "

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
"If you can dodge a wrench........................"

That one is true.....right? Since it's now officially a Disney quote - I hope that this is the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom