The expanded hub...a new spot for wedding ceremonies!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh, thank god my daughter's wedding was in February before this announcement. Because she'd want to get married in MK in front of the Castle... and I already paid Disney $33,000 so she could get married in Italy in WS.... There'd be another zero added to that price for the MK.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you've got 75 large to spend on your big day...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ide-magic-kingdom-cinderella-castle/83664158/

Florida's Disney World has announced that couples can now plan their wedding ceremonies inside the Magic Kingdom at the park's newEast Plaza Garden.

The East Plaza Garden will be available for 9:30 a.m. ceremonies and can accommodate a good-sized destination-wedding crowd of up to 100 people. The park will also be open to regular customers at that time.

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings package collections start at $2,500, and custom experiences begin at $12,000. Premiere locations such as the Magic Kingdom, with a completely customized ceremony and reception for 100 guests, start at $75,000. For more pricing and options, visitwww.disneyweddings.com.

I find it interesting they let you have the ceremony while the park is open. If you have the ceremony in any other park, it must be done BEFORE the park open. Which is why my daughter's ceremony was at 9:00 am in WS.

Donaldfan1934

The hub renovation, while nice enough, and certainly better than the old one, is hardly what I would call "magical".
My thoughts exactly. While the renovation did its basic and necessary duty of creating more guest space, its both a success and a failure on a number of design levels levels. On one hand, they added trees back to the outer ring, actual functioning fountains, nice new castle turrets, themed pavement on the castle walkway, and put in new sand colored sidewalk pavement (although I would've personally preferred Disneyland's red brick tbh). On the other, they failed to address the core issue of the 2005 central hub being treeless and actually made the situation worse with unecesary asthtetic changes like those ugly looking light poles you mentioned. I honestly hope that Disney does something about these issues for the 50th. It would be the perfect way to freshen up the park for the occasion and make the hub better than ever.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Low key dream about tying the knot in front of Cinderella Castle :hilarious: But there are some more sentimental and romantic places I'd rather get married than inside a theme park.

I think it would be far more romantic to get married in front of a *real* castle in Europe, rather than a fake one in a theme park, and the cost even including travel would likely be far less!

raymusiccity

I wondered about this too. But surely for 75K, they could throw that in (I know...I'm naive).

I just can't imagine spending that much money and still having NO control over the where/when of the thing. 9:30 am is a terrible time for a wedding, and having all those people milling around would be such a buzz kill. To each his own, though.

'To each his own', exactly. This is similar to an expensive beach wedding at Aulani. It's a public area with beach attired guests inadvertently photobombing your magical vows :)

Disney4family

upload_2016-4-30_12-5-41.jpeg
upload_2016-4-30_12-7-3.jpeg
It'll be an interactive wedding. Guests' pictures during the wedding will be shown here. The DJ is the officiant, of course.

halltd

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

The Empress Lilly

As much as I hate that the renovated hub is being exploited by upsell events, there might be a silver lining to this one. Check out the professional pics in Disney's post about this. Notice anything you might complain about after paying a pretty penny for this pristine location? :)

https://www.disneyweddings.com/ever...ddings?CMP=SOC-WDWWFY16Q3DFTWHSocialMedia0001

I especially love this one:
882f6ef972c6dc9fbe4b6e99943415f6.jpg
Yes, I see lots to complain about:

- Why should I applaud WDW keeping the hub pristine only now that somebody pays them $75k? Disney once wrote the book on park upkeep
- Once Upon A Time everybody at Disney was a princess, a VIP. Now you are reduced to spectator, a second rate customer.
- Does this mean my kids will be driven aside to make way for the drug lord's princess in the big six horse carriage? Because, you know, I can visit the Ukraine for that sort of nonsense.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Considering how ridiculously low the management of WDW continues to stoop, its sad that people (Disney fans especially) are "ok" or "see no problems" with promotions like this.

draybook

As much as I hate that the renovated hub is being exploited by upsell events, there might be a silver lining to this one. Check out the professional pics in Disney's post about this. Notice anything you might complain about after paying a pretty penny for this pristine location? :)

https://www.disneyweddings.com/ever...ddings?CMP=SOC-WDWWFY16Q3DFTWHSocialMedia0001

The gentleman standing doesn't have his pants equally leveled. I'd like a refund for the day and 19 FP+ selections, please!

KikoKea

The light poles are awful! Maybe their official photos will have the stadium poles photoshopped out.

I have no problem with a couple having their wedding at MK or any other park- but not during park hours. Are they going to roll out the coach and carry the bride down Main St?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom