The EPIC Pop Culture Story

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
This is an old idea from Visions Fantastic...

Basically, this is an "off-topic" concept where a bunch of us get together, and... Wait. Why is my computer not letting me type? Hello? He...

Actually, MEW, I'll take it from here. Hello, WDWMagic, the name's BlueDragonFive, renown Captain America fan, news anchor and encyclopedia for all things "The Bat."

The EPIC Pop Culture Story is a free-for-all fanfiction, where anyone and everyone can carry on and contribute to an ongoing story where - literally - ANYTHING is possible.

But most importantly, it's a reason for you fine folks at WDWMagic to help people like us meet our favorite pop culture characters, such as: Captain America, "The Bat," Anna, Elsa, Woody, Buzz, and the Evil Emperor Zurg. Don't forget Deadpool!

I'll let MEW start the story off. He will leave off with a paragraph or two, then the next person will continue the story. Make sense? Come on out of the cone of shame, MEW, we're ready to begin.

It was all-too an ordinary day in the Land of Cornfield. BlueDragonFive had just awoken from a long winter's nap, when he realized... His favorite Captain America sneakers were missing.

"That's odd," said BlueDragonFive. "I had just seen them in my dreams..." Not but too minutes later was there a knock at his bedroom door. "Come in!"

In walked Captain America, Dragon's beloved roommate of twenty-five years. "What's good, what's good, what's good BlueDragon? My homie, my main squeeze!" Dragon sighed. Good ole' Cap hadn't been the same since the accident in Cornfield. All dignity and patriotism had been lost. Then again, all dignity and patriotism had been lost in the Great War just ten years prior... In fact, Cap was no longer "Captain America," but "Captain Nameless." There was no longer an America.

"What seems to be the problem, dawg?" Dragon sighed again. "I've lost my favorite pair of Captain America - " "Ah-ah-ah! What's my new name again, homie? We've gone over this..." "Sorry, Captain Nameless. I've lost my favorite pair of sneakers with your face on them." Dragon looked out the window toward the great fields of Cornfield. "Things just haven't been the same since the Great War." Cap shrugged. "Well, it could be worse." "Oh yeah, how could it possibly be worse?" Just then, a knock at the door. "Who is it?"

Roger, from the hit Broadway musical RENT walked in. He was there third and undeniably most tormented roommate. You see, Roger was fully aware that he was trapped in a musical...not to mention that his accursed profession was writing music - which, in hindsight, is a poor career to have when you live in a musical.

"Roger! Did you take my Captain Ameri - Captain Nameless sneakers?" Roger began to strum his guitar, odd considering he didn't have one when he walked in the room. "I should tell you, I should tell you, I should tell you..." "Tell me what?!? What have you done with my sneakers?!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To be continued...

kmbmw777

Roger frowned, " In - five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes." He then completely changed songs "" He strummed a beautiful chord on his guitar and proceeded to leave the room.

"What the bologna was that about?" Dragon looked at Captain Nameless quizzically.

Captain Nameless smiled. "The apocalypse is upon us my friend. I have been waiting for this day my whole life! To the Cap-Cave!" He raced out of the room to the living room

"We have a Cap-Cave!?" Dragon hopelessly followed him. "And I still need my sneakers!"

TheOriginalTiki

As Dragon and Cap continued down into the Cap Cave, Roger lamented in his room about the struggles of being a songwriter in a musical. "I'm writing one great song..." he strummed out on his guitar. He was frustrated with his musical-based reality. While the song "One Song Glory" represented his inner emotions and fit into his own world as a musical number...the actual song he wrote that he had hung his profession on..."Your Eyes", flopped for its sappiness, causing many people to wonder why Roger didn't just release "One Song Glory" as a single in the first place.

Just then, Roger's smart phone got an alert. It was a text message with three distinct words...a catch phrase that had sent terror throughout the hearts of all who lived in Cornfield as well as the remaining regions left in the wake of the Great War...a catchphrase of the insane man who had started the war to begin with due to his demands that the Authority of Fictional Characters declared him as fictional even though he was clearly just a crazy, sad man in a Donald Duck mask...The text read...

"Aye Oh, Daddy-O!"

Hipster Donald had returned...

14853007_1249371038435389_4911396059828999786_o.jpg

kmbmw777

As Captain Nameless and Dragon descended into the Cap-Cave, they heard a scream (in perfect tune) from upstairs.

The two pondered whether to go check on their roommate but then Cap declared, "Eh. He probably just saw his own reflection again." And that settled it.

Captain Nameless walked to his computer and clicked the power button. The screen flashed blue before declaring Updating 1 out of 75929473072 Complete. Estimated Time five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes. Captain Nameless refused to curse, but growled at the machine. "Curses. If we are going to stop the apocolypse, we're going to need backup. Unfortunately, no one trusts anyone from Cornfield."

"So this mission will be a trio then! Me, you, and Roger!"

"Yes. But we are going to need to get back my shield if we want to save the world."

"And my sneakers. But great! where is it?"

"It's in...

TheOriginalTiki

"...The Bat-Cave, dawg. I lost it in a poker game with Bruce Wayne."

Dragon's heart sunk. For as much as he admired Cap from back in the day, this jive talking demeanor just wouldn't do. While it was crazy luck that he had been living with one of his all time fictional heroes, this hero was now asking the unthinkable. If there was any person that commanded Dragon's respect more than pre-Great War Captain America...it had to be The Bat. For Cap to ask Dragon to directly steal from the man...Well that might just have been too much to ask.

Meanwhile, Hipster Donald called Roger directly after Roger didn't respond to his text within a couple messages. Shaking but still with a beautiful voice, Roger answered the phone...

"Hello....My name is Elder Price. And I would like to show to you this most ama..."

"Whaaaaaa..." came the shrewd, terrible voice of Hipster Donald. "I'm not paying you to recite song lyrics you dummy. Do you have the sneakers or not?"

Roger had taken to working for Hipster Donald to make ends meet after his songwriting career crashed and burned. When Hipster Donald asked Roger to steal BlueDragonFive's beloved pair of Captain America sneakers, Roger could not have guessed the insane ripple effects this one act of petty theft would have on the land of Cornfield.

kmbmw777

"Why can't we just ask Batman nicely for the shield back," Dragon said.

"Well dawg, listen here. A - The effin computer is down so we can't IM him. B - Phones and all other communication devices are banned in Cornfield. C - Dawg. What if he says no. Then he'll know we are after it, and he'll tighten up security. We've gotta heist it Bro!"

"Did someone say HEIST?" said a voice from the corner of the room. Suddenly, a man appeared there, as if he grew from nothing.

"AntMan! How long have you been here?" Dragon excalimed.

"I didn't wanna pay no rent so my dawg Captain Nameless hooked me up with some arrangements here."

The doorbell rang.

spacemt354

Chili's
Roger begins to free fall and wakes up out of bed. This has all been a horrible nightmare.

Roger then wakes up to realize he is actually MichaelEatingWreath. He proceeds to breathe in the smell of bacon he had put on his George Foreman grill earlier, gets out of bed, but then proceeds to press his foot directly onto the grill.
c432e5f68044f46c9948421eb85b7daf.jpg

MichaelEatingWreath then heads to Dunder-Mifflin where he is greeted and assisted by TheOriginalDwight. Dwight helps Michael into his office has he makes it known to the office that he is crippled and will be in need of assistance all day.

Cranium Flenderson then comes into Michael's office to ask if he was hurt on company property.
2c77b8f5fb567f58b7122e8ebec74343.jpg

Cranium Flenderson then blames it on Michael saying it is his fault. Michael glares and states...
welcoming.jpg

Flenderson then leaves the office and heads to Costa Rica on a trip, and Michael tends to his burned foot.
giphy.gif

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Stockholm, Sweden

Peter Agnefjäll was furious.

As the head of the furnishing chain IKEA, it was his duty to reach out to other companies, local and abroad, in order to collaborate on projects and deals. His most recent phone call had ended terribly.

"There's been a.. development.", Peter said via telephone, telling the news of said phone call to his PR manager.

"Did the deal with Wayne Corp go sour?", the secretary nonchantaly spoke.

"I swear you read my mind sometimes. Yes, it has gone horribly. Apparently Mr. Wayne can't be appeased with a $3.4 billion dolllar deal with our company, a huge sponsorship, and all the furniture he could possibly want. All I ever asked for was a damn shield!".

"All of that for a shield?"

"Just for one shield. He didn't want to give it up. Said he won it over a poker bet, meant a lot to him."

"A poker bet? Really? No matter, I'll notify the press if that'll cool you down."

"Fine. Thank you, ma'm."

Peter hung up the phone. No matter how, he would get the prized shield, and save his company from utter disaster.
-------------------------

Damn it, I'm late. Thanks @spacemt354 for throwing a plot twist in while I was writing. Now I can't have an ultimate robot IKEA army destroying all in it's path.

Last edited:

kmbmw777

MichaelEatingWreath sits at his desk. He can't shake off the dream he had. It seemed so real. His friends -- no, Roger's friends -- were in danger because of his -- no, Roger's -- mistakes. MichaelEatingWreath had to right his wrong. He took two sleeping pills and passed out on his desk.

The Cornfield

"The doors for me! Don't worry!" Roger called to his roomates.

"Sounds good Dawg!" Cap replied from the basement.

Basement -- we don't have a basement.

@IAmNotAHufflepuff
Now we have the dreamscape!

TheOriginalTiki

The walls around the Cap Cave started to rumble and shake, it was like an earthquake but without the physic sensation to go along with it. "Yo yo diggity-O, what was with that bro!" Cap exclaimed. The sensation reminded Dragon of the movie Inception...or was it the the historical event Inception. Life had a funny way of blurring fiction with reality in the days and years since the fallout of The Great War. While pondering this, Dragon got a disquieting feeling that Cap voiced out loud.

"Dragon, do you ever have moments when you think your whole life might just be spent living as a character in some mundane office worker's dream? I really do have to ponder...Dawg!"

Dragon winced. When Cap had moments of lucidity the calm heroic demeanor of the old Captain America were illuminated, but those moments were all too rare and fleeting.

Meanwhile, Roger answered the door to find Claire Temple, the Night Nurse of Hell's Kitchen. Roger was stunned as Claire had a completely uncanny resemblance to Mimi Marquez, the love of his life who had perished in The Great War.

"I know you, you're...You're shivering..." Roger crooned to Claire. This took Claire off guard because she was in fact, not cold at all. In fact if anything she regretted taking the jacket she was wearing with her that day as the weather had been way hotter than expected.

kmbmw777

Batman stood in the Batcave. Alfred looked at him said, "You have missed calls from IKEA, Target, Blockbuster*, and the Chicago Cubs. All of them are offering you deals for Captain America's shield."

"Tell them all no."

"Why no? They are offering money, furniture, and even every season tickets the Chicago Cubs."

"BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!"

"Sire, there must be a reason for the sudden demand in Captain America's Shield."

"IM BATMAN."

"Sir, as your financial consultant, I must ask why shall we not sell it?"

Batman stared at the wall and waited for his computer to automatically play some dramatic music. "Because I don't have it."

CraniumCommand89

Roger begins to free fall and wakes up out of bed. This has all been a horrible nightmare.

Roger then wakes up to realize he is actually MichaelEatingWreath. He proceeds to breathe in the smell of bacon he had put on his George Foreman grill earlier, gets out of bed, but then proceeds to press his foot directly onto the grill.
c432e5f68044f46c9948421eb85b7daf.jpg

MichaelEatingWreath then heads to Dunder-Mifflin where he is greeted and assisted by TheOriginalDwight. Dwight helps Michael into his office has he makes it known to the office that he is crippled and will be in need of assistance all day.

Cranium Flenderson then comes into Michael's office to ask if he was hurt on company property.
2c77b8f5fb567f58b7122e8ebec74343.jpg

Cranium Flenderson then blames it on Michael saying it is his fault. Michael glares and states...
welcoming.jpg

Flenderson then leaves the office and heads to Costa Rica on a trip, and Michael tends to his burned foot.
giphy.gif
This is hilarious. And accurate. I am Toby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom