The Epcot Initiative

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
I started watching lost somewhat recently (on season three), and I was wondering if The Dharma Initiative reminds anyone else of retro epcot. Seriously. They even have similar looking logos for all the "stations" as epcot has for the pavilions.

Is it just coincidence, or was it perhaps the inspiration for the show? It may seem like a stretch, but I find it plausible.

I'm pretty ignorant to the world of lost.

sittle

Sometimes ignorance is bliss... but in today's day and technological age, ignorance is a thing of the past... I'm sure someone has a vastly detailed lost site just waiting for you to find it (pun intended!)... :ROFLOL:

yeti

Horizonsepcotlogo_copy.png
%D0%A5%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC.jpg

:shrug: I must say I've always thought this as well. There's alot of other comparisons, but that may take too much room for a single post. But it's not just in the logos. The whole Dharma thing seems so much like the whole Epcot thing...I dunno man.

DisneyCanadian

I see what you are getting at, but I think you are reading too much into. Lost and Epcot may draw some parallels with one another, but I think that's as far as it goes. I don't think JJ Abrams or any of the writers are doing this on purpose.

It is a pretty interesting theory, but I don't think it's the case.

It's always an awesome thing to think about! I actually designed a cake for a friend's birthday recently incorporating the Horizons logo (or at least a sub-par fondant mold of it) inside the Dharma logo.

3809394196_2af7bd2f3a.jpg

3808578469_3237241514.jpg

Victor

Definitely. The very first thing I said when they discovered the Swan station in the Season 2 opener was: "So Epcot Center is what's in the hatch?" The whole retro-future feeling with the half geodesic dome gave off Epcot vibes. If I'm not mistaken, I've heard the producers say in behind the scenes material, that they were going for that when designing the Swan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom