Trip Report The Empty Nest, Flower and Garden, Club Villain, Too much Food Report! 5/9-5/15 *complete*

Well, we are just back from our first ever childless Disney World trip! I went into this trip with mixed emotions. Still excited but also a bit sad. Our children are 21 and 18 and have their own things going on that kept them from being able to go. So for the first time since we had kids, the hubby and I went on a vacation just the two of us.

I want to start this report with a photo of our original cast on our last trip together. We have been going since my son was 3. Disney holds so many precious memories of my babies growing up. I honestly did not know how I could still have fun without them but we did. I missed them but was able to relive so many things that made my heart smile so much. They were not there with us physically but were 100 percent in our hearts the whole time!
image.jpeg

And here we are on our Empty Nest trip-
image.jpeg

On to the trip!

Dates 5/9-5/15

Coronado Springs

(As a warning, this report is going to be photo heavy! I took photos of everything! Especially the food and drinks)

We left about 10:00 pm on the 8th after spending some Mother's Day time with my babies. I am a terrible rider, literally hate being in a car so it is easier for DH if I am asleep. We always do the morning show too on day one, but traffic kept us from being able to do that this year. :( Our room was ready at 7:30 though which was great because I wanted to freshen up anyway. We went straight to our rooms which were in Ranchos this time. I love Cabanas so I was disappointed at first but ended up being okay. I have never understood people complaining about the walk at Coronado but then again, I love to walk around the resort. Still prefer Cabanas but it was still nice.

Arrival shot
image.jpeg

Ranchos
image.jpeg

Room
image.jpeg

My family has serious Disney traditions, that we follow every trip. MK always first, Splash is first ride and lunch is always Pecos Bill's. Without both kids, I just felt like maybe it was time to do something different and save those special firsts for when we go back together. So, off to Hollywood Studios we went where our first ride was ToT! We then hit RnRC with fastpasses and then headed back to see the closed areas.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

As excited as I am for what is to come, it was an end of an era for me. I loved the Streets and Pizza Planet was our thing. The kids always loved it. The food was bad, I know but it was Pizza Planet!! I cried, I could not help it. The rocket came down the next day so glad I got that photo.

After we checked out all of that we were starving and went to eat at Rosie's, but our pin for dining and magicband did not work!! Guess what? Cannot be fixed with the ap, by phone or in the park, so we had to leave and go back to Coronado. That was a pain so we just decided to eat there.
Think I am close to my photo limit so will continue with next post.

PineapplePrincess

Okay, I'm crying at your closing thoughts. We are about to embark on our yearly trip, and this may be the last one for awhile with DD18. I intend to cherish every moment of it!
I appreciate your shout out to the cast members. We have also had some wonderful servers, etc. over the years and we always try to be appreciative, polite and kind to them because we know how difficult their jobs must be at times.
Thanks for your report...you and your hubby are a very cute couple!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Okay, I'm crying at your closing thoughts. We are about to embark on our yearly trip, and this may be the last one for awhile with DD18. I intend to cherish every moment of it!
I appreciate your shout out to the cast members. We have also had some wonderful servers, etc. over the years and we always try to be appreciative, polite and kind to them because we know how difficult their jobs must be at times.
Thanks for your report...you and your hubby are a very cute couple!
Thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful time and absorb every single precious moment! They grow up too fast!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom