Pre-Trip The elves did what?? a Thanksgiving trip?? and were staying on property!!!! Can I get excited yet?

BACK STORY: So we have been to Disney many many many .. (you get the idea) times... But somehow we have never been on Thanksgiving... Christmas- yes, new years - yes, 4th of july- yes but never ever on thanksgiving.

Somehow over the summer I got an email about a Disney special so I looked up the cost for thanksgiving since I am a teacher that is our school break- and it was way too much money for our family of 5.. but i happen to mention it to my hubby and he said price it out off property. (now we haven't stayed on property since my little guy- who is now 8 was like 2ish. mostly bc a room for 5 is soooo much more on property then off ) So I priced it and we said well we will go if nothing comes up that we need the money for..

We have had a rough year.. many car break downs, an car accident which ended up totaling our car, my mom has been in hospital very ill , we got news my 14 year old daughter has an incurable kidney disease. just not a great year so I didn't have faith we'd not have another major thing happen that we would have to save money for.. but I booked it off site.

Well about a month later I got another "special for Disney" and tried again. this time staying on site at the Caribbean beach was only 300$ more. Hubby said again book it we'll see! so since our trip has constantly been we'll see if we can make it happen I haven't let myself get excited.. Well this week I paid it off so I think it might really happen :

Our plan: on Nov17th (a friday before we leave)- those mischievous elves are going to show up with a box.. when the kids open the box it will tell us to pack our bags--were going to Disney tomorrow!!@!@!

Sat 18th- We will get our rental car- drop our doggo off and hit the road. We are driving from texas to pensacola.

Sun 19- drive from pensacola to Caribbean beach (we have never stayed here before and even though it is going through renovations we are excited!!_ Then we will head to disney springs for some shopping/dinner

Mon 20- Magic kingdom

Tues 21- Epcot

Wed 22- Hollywood studios

Thurs 23- Animal Kingdom

Friday 24-- wow that goes so fast :( Drive home.

Who is going
Me: Mother of 3 , Teacher, Disney LOVER
My hubby: a bit grumpy by a disney lover at heart
Rayne - oldest daughter 18!!
Cherish - Daughter 14
Walker- 8

Walker has been asking about Disney many times recently and he said next time we go he promises to ride every. single. ride. we will see!!! trying not to get too excited yet but its starting!!

75disney

Love Disney at Thanksgiving! It really puts you in the holiday spirit! So sorry to hear about all of your problems. You need a little magical family time.

Driver

Ehh the Carrib. is under construction, YOUR GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!! Hooray!!! *band playing in background * you should be excited sounds like you had it tough and this is a well deserved break. C'mon down and experience some magic. We are here waiting for you.

Courtney6682

So sorry to hear about your middle child, that's awful.

CBR was fine when we stayed there in August. We were in Trinidad North which was a GREAT location, room 3221. We were under a minute's walk to the bus stop, a minutes walk to a quiet pool and 5-7 min walk to the main pool and food area.

Hope u all have a wonderful time!!!!

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
So sorry to hear about your middle child, that's awful.

CBR was fine when we stayed there in August. We were in Trinidad North which was a GREAT location, room 3221. We were under a minute's walk to the bus stop, a minutes walk to a quiet pool and 5-7 min walk to the main pool and food area.

Hope u all have a wonderful time!!!!

So happy to hear that- I wasnt' sure because I heard it has construction. I am excited to try a new resort and to be on property again after so long!!

westlakemom

BACK STORY: So we have been to Disney many many many .. (you get the idea) times... But somehow we have never been on Thanksgiving... Christmas- yes, new years - yes, 4th of july- yes but never ever on thanksgiving.

Somehow over the summer I got an email about a Disney special so I looked up the cost for thanksgiving since I am a teacher that is our school break- and it was way too much money for our family of 5.. but i happen to mention it to my hubby and he said price it out off property. (now we haven't stayed on property since my little guy- who is now 8 was like 2ish. mostly bc a room for 5 is soooo much more on property then off ) So I priced it and we said well we will go if nothing comes up that we need the money for..

We have had a rough year.. many car break downs, an car accident which ended up totaling our car, my mom has been in hospital very ill , we got news my 14 year old daughter has an incurable kidney disease. just not a great year so I didn't have faith we'd not have another major thing happen that we would have to save money for.. but I booked it off site.

Well about a month later I got another "special for Disney" and tried again. this time staying on site at the Caribbean beach was only 300$ more. Hubby said again book it we'll see! so since our trip has constantly been we'll see if we can make it happen I haven't let myself get excited.. Well this week I paid it off so I think it might really happen :

Our plan: on Nov17th (a friday before we leave)- those mischievous elves are going to show up with a box.. when the kids open the box it will tell us to pack our bags--were going to Disney tomorrow!!@!@!

Sat 18th- We will get our rental car- drop our doggo off and hit the road. We are driving from texas to pensacola.

Sun 19- drive from pensacola to Caribbean beach (we have never stayed here before and even though it is going through renovations we are excited!!_ Then we will head to disney springs for some shopping/dinner

Mon 20- Magic kingdom

Tues 21- Epcot

Wed 22- Hollywood studios

Thurs 23- Animal Kingdom

Friday 24-- wow that goes so fast :( Drive home.

Who is going
Me: Mother of 3 , Teacher, Disney LOVER
My hubby: a bit grumpy by a disney lover at heart
Rayne - oldest daughter 18!!
Cherish - Daughter 14
Walker- 8

Walker has been asking about Disney many times recently and he said next time we go he promises to ride every. single. ride. we will see!!! trying not to get too excited yet but its starting!!
How exciting!! Wishing you all a great time! My family (7 of us) also leave Nov. 19th..long flight from Los Angeles..we’re also going to MK Monday on our itinerary too. Looks like we’ll have beautiful weather

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom