The Edison

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

As I understand other posts.... The Edison is now a 1 DDP Point "Restaurant".

At apx $35 per point? This will give you a hint as to food value. Such a lovely building .... so much promise.... so little performance :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Amos1784

We went for cocktails at night (approx 7pm) and there was no entertainment yet at this time. Just my two cents and while kids would not be a problem at all in the restaurant during lunch time, not the place I would visit with a family for lunch. It has a very industrial feel, which where I'm from since that is the new "trend"there are many places with this theme. During the day it would not provide anything special for me to go out of my way to visit. Like I said total opinion but I believe there are better options at the Springs that I would choose over The Edison for lunch.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

A showplace for odd throwback entertainment with a big, grand stage; a cool space with lots of nooks and crannies; a truly unique bar... and frankly, a place that would deserve to sit on the bones of the Adventurer's Club.

I got neither.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....
I was hoping, based on a stunning building, for a really GOOD Signature Restaurant :(. WAS hoping for this from just about every DS Restaurant that has gone in, or been refurbished, for the last several years :(. Just us - we haven't found a real winner yet :(.

Again, All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

WDW 72

How many Signature Restaurants can the Springs support? How are the other Signature Restaurants doing? I was hoping for something like the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium or Farrell's Ice Cream. I hade lots of Great times at Adventurer's Club. Something Fun for all ages would be Cool.

Bairstow

A showplace for odd throwback entertainment with a big, grand stage; a cool space with lots of nooks and crannies; a truly unique bar... and frankly, a place that would deserve to sit on the bones of the Adventurer's Club.

I got neither.

Yeah, the Edison is ok for what it is, but if you're looking for fine detail and meticulous theming it's not up to the standards set by Trader Sam's or Jock Lindsay's. I would say it would make a fine stop in a Disney Springs bar crawl, but certainly not a destination worth planning your whole evening around.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I ate dinner there last week and I left feeling glad that I had tried it but I am not in a rush to get back. The atmosphere was interesting and the food was fine but we weren't wowed. My husband got the meatloaf and that was probably the best of the entrees. I got the chicken which needed a little more spice and my friend got a burger which she said was good. We also tried the deviled eggs (very mustardy) and the bacon (good). I would like to see the entertainment so maybe we will go in for a drink and appetizers this summer.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There wasn't any entertainment? No burlesque dancers? Live band? Aerialists? Interesting.

Videos on walls... i think there was some live music... but not within sight of where i was. The kemetic pieces were old time cartoons and live action silent films projected on walls.

I was there from about 830 to 10-1030pm for dinner. Sat at the bar until our reservation opened up.

Booked same day on opentable

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Went the other night. I was expecting more than just wall decor and themed menu. But that’s pretty much all it is.

That’s pretty much standard for all those places, isn’t it?

I like most of the places at springs...homecoming is the best...boathouse is decent...

But they’re all fairly safe/bland as far as food and decor to me.

Dutch Inn '76

Went the other night. I was expecting more than just wall decor and themed menu. But that’s pretty much all it is.

Yeah - it's such a let down. It was promised to be awesome - and it's not. The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at City Walk is much better and a similar theme, done better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom