The Edison--details announced

Mad Stitch

So no videos showing off the inside from the New Years Eve party last night? The vloggers are usually all over something like this.

VaderTron

Any details on reservations after the 1st? Can you book through Disney or will you need to call the restaurant directly? Will be there the 4th through the 9th for the marathon weekend.

Sadly I saw this on reddit last night...

"Apparently they might not be open next month, they made an announcement that although they are open on NYE, they won’t officially open till later in Jan. No word on soft openings between NYE and their unannounced official date."
(Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/WaltDisneyWorld/comments/7n9684/anyone_going_to_the_edison_tonight/)

If that is true I'm really hoping they are open later this month as that announcement promised. (I have lost faith in Patina Group's ability to tell time. Their website still says opening Fall 2017.) I am going to be there from the 20th to the 30th. These people need to get it together.

VaderTron

Just saw this further post on reddit on the same link I quoted above. Must have been posted after I went to bed last night...

"Tonight at DS we walked past The Edison. The CM was saying to people they were going to soft open to the general public on Wednesday, but won’t be able to start taking reservations until the 13th."

This would be great since I don't want to have to wait for a table when I go at the end of January. Sure hope this is accurate! :)

I am Timmy

Thanks for the video! I had been following the possible opening for months, stalking the LA website to get an idea of what it would be like. Was so disappointed it wasn't open by my Dec. visit, but after this video, not so much? It seemed like all the music was current pop music changed up a bit. I was hoping for more like the the LA Edison - it seems to play up the 30's more, including the music. We have family that lives there (LA) and from their descriptions I was really excited. Maybe this was just for New Year's Eve. I will continue to watch, though, since I don't like to judge too soon.

dizneeboy

Any word on how the soft open will work? Will be there tomorrow through Tuesday for the marathon and would love to try it out. Also, I read an article recently stating there will be a dress code but uncertain how walk ups out shopping at Disney Springs will know that. Maybe that just applies to the nightclub changeover at night? For the delay on this place, very surprised at the lack of info beyond what you guys have been able to give us (thanks for that) ; )

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Any word on how the soft open will work? Will be there tomorrow through Tuesday for the marathon and would love to try it out. Also, I read an article recently stating there will be a dress code but uncertain how walk ups out shopping at Disney Springs will know that. Maybe that just applies to the nightclub changeover at night? For the delay on this place, very surprised at the lack of info beyond what you guys have been able to give us (thanks for that) ; )
Dress code is for the late night period when it switches to 21+.

I'll post as soon as I know on soft opens, but it will be walk ups only.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The menu
003BB07D-3F8F-4AFA-A686-6087F09F67F7.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom