The Edison--details announced

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How many years have they been building this place now?

It was announced June 2015 and started construction around that time, but this is not a case of just an overly long build time, there were clearly issues during the development process of this area. The Edison had always been planned for that area, but the other restaurants connected to it have changed over time. There were times were it looked like construction came to a complete halt. I do think there were bigger issues with this project beyond just the construction.

S 2

IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG
From bioreconstruct:

Jon81uk

VaderTron

Just dug into the hiring site for Patina Restaurant Group (PRG). Looks like they are hiring for positions at all four of the new concepts at Disney Springs INCLUDING The Edison! In describing the 'opportunity' (job) it states:

The Edison
with an estimated opening of December 2017, is a lavish “Industrial Gothic” restaurant, bar, and nighttime destination with live entertainment. It presents cabaret, burlesque and music, craft cocktails, and classic American dishes. As it is an extension of our Downtown Los Angeles location, the concept continues as “where science meets industry” and the venue is rooted in creativity, imagination, and innovation. - (italics, bold and underline mine)

Looks like a December opening is planned. With the way things have gone I would count more on a very late December opening; though I think they should be highly motivated to open for the Christmas and New Years visitors, especially since they offer to accommodate private parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom