The duo once heard in different tomorrowland attractions

Disneyrailfan1996

Original Poster
So I'm really curious who the people are that sing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" in carousel of progress' unload theater, but at the same time, i'm trying to figure out a complete list of ALL soundtracks (and songs) they've done work for. So far I have in chronological order:
  • Promising tomorrows (we've come so far) - Space mountain 1984-199?
  • Delta Dream Flight song - Delta Dreamflight (female only featured) 1989-1996
  • There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress 1993-present
  • Seize the future - ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (male only featured) 1994-2003
  • (rerecorded) Dreamflight song - Take flight (female only featured) 1996-1998
Am I missing any? I doubt I am, but wanted to ask since some people may know better than I do. Also, any and all information regarding this (wonderful) duo would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping to one day track them down and maybe see if they by chance have any source audio or original recordings of their work! It's a shame that really all we have left to hear of them in park is the Carousel of Progress. Hopefully one day disney will reach out to them and ask them to do something for a new soundtrack (fingers crossed!).

Disneyrailfan1996

Original Poster
Also Horizon's Theme

I could be wrong but, according to Disney Wiki the singers for Golden Dream might be the same people..They list Rick Pages and Siedah Garret as the singers for it...

Thank you! Yes! I wouldn't know much about epcot since I spend way too much time in Magic Kingdom. (yes, i'm very spoiled!). It now makes sense that they would later be called back to do Carousel of Progress since they did Horizons! Thank you for the information! Good ear too!
The Golden dream singers are indeed similar. But I don't think that they are indeed the same. they sound a little bit different than the ones we're looking for. Digging through the web searching for an mp3 of "Promising Tomorrows".
I did see that on another forumsomeone said that the singers were Joe Pizzulo and Gloria Bellis. I'd like to confirm Pizzulo since I''ve listened to some of his music briefly and I hear the same voice, but with no official credit it's hard to say! He has done the "Dinosaurs (Big Songs)" according to wiki along with gloria bellis. Both are backing vocals, however, confirming that they are indeed the same voices I'm looking for will be tricky because of how many other backing vocalists there are so I could think that one voice is Gloria Bellis, but it could be someone named Jane Smith for all I know. There's not even much known about Gloria Bellis (I'm guessing she was just hired or contracted by Disney and/or that's an alias for her real name).

Now the updated chronology is:
  • Horizons theme song - Horizons 1983-1999
  • Promising tomorrows (we've come so far) - Space mountain 1984-1993 (or 1994 if fedex didn't start sponsoring or the song wasn't removed until later on that year)
  • Delta Dream Flight song - Delta Dreamflight (female only featured) 1989-1996
  • There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress 1993-present
  • Seize the future - ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (male only featured) 1994-2003
  • (rerecorded) Dreamflight song - Take flight (female only featured) 1996-1998

Disneyrailfan1996

Original Poster
New Horizons vocalist is Gloria Kaye.
Interesting.... It seems as though she seems to be credited as Gloria Bellis elsewhere. no idea why. I tried to do a voice match with recordings, but the only recording i could find on youtube was that from 1960. Unfortunately I couldn't match it! BUT! I found a recording of a song named with Joe Pizzulo and Gloria Kaye from a film of the same name (it's not really a good song IMO) after searching youtube for "Gloria Kaye Singer". Year? 1984. This meant that she would likely sound like she did in these Disney songs. and I was able to confirm this and Joe Pizzulo's voice! I didn't recognize her though due to the key she was singing in! I wonder why these Disney works are not really as well known as their respective works. You would think that fans of these artists would know, but I guess that maybe they never said a thing because they didn't want to ruin the magic or they signed some sort of NDA.

91JLovesDisney

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 6.16.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 6.11.04 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom