The Dos and Don'ts of WDWCP

AliciaLuvzDizne

DON'T verbally or physically attack other CM's
DO watch what you do
DO understand that WDW is a union workplace, and taking work away from someone else (ie- helping out) is a grievable offense.
DON'T rat out a Pleasure Island CM should they accidentally give you a 21+ wristband even if you're under 21.
um
yes

if you get a wristband and you are under 21 and then you hang out with someone over 21 and THEN you get caught
not only do YOU get terminated
so do all of your friends you are hanging out with.

Mansion Butler

what else.... This one is for all CM's in general.

DON'T forget, you work for Disney, NOT the Union :)
DON'T bother guest relations with petty complaints. You're a Cast Member and allowed in for free cause Disney was nice enough to. And if you do go to complain, don't tell them you're a CM. You will be told to leave guest relations and take the issue up with your management... or worse.

Now, I was always told if there is an actual guest-related problem that when you're in the park as a guest you should go to City Hall and report it. Not complain, simply bring it up.

Wilt Dasney

And every new person that you didn't see getting trained? Don't assume they're new. They might be seasonal! :p
That's a good one. I remember trying to strike up convos with the "new" people once or twice and finding out they've been trained to do the job for years. :lol:

Magicot

Original Poster
Forgive me for being naive, but who's Robin Sparkles?
It's from the sit-com 'How I Met Your Mother'. In one episode, one of the female characters who's like 28 has a big dark secret that she keeps from everyone she knows. She has a hidden past life back when she lived in Canada. All her friends come to the conclusion that she did , but it was much worse. Her secret is revealed: she was a teenage Canadian pop star. Under the name 'Robin Sparkles' she had a Canadian hit called 'Let's Go to the Mall' which looks like it's straight from the '80s but it's actually from '93 (since the '80s didn't come to Canada til the '90s).

Here's a link for that part of the episode: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSrOlj8gWfk

Click on my signiature for the whole music video.

Robin Sparkles is entirely fictional but totally awesome none the less! :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Now, I was always told if there is an actual guest-related problem that when you're in the park as a guest you should go to City Hall and report it. Not complain, simply bring it up.

Theory and actual practice are entirely separate things.

Example #1
I had a MAJOR issue at Epcot, and when to GR. When I asked a CM to speak to a manager, a GR CM who knew me from when I was a CM whispered something in that CM's ear. The CM whom I was dealing with proceeded to tell me that I am a CM and this is something I should take up with my management.

When I was a CM, I had an issue as a guest. I took it to guest relations, and the CM recognized me. She proceeded to tell me to take it up with my management or employee relations, as there is nothing she could do for me. When I pushed the issue, her manager spoke with me. I got back to work the following day, and my manager pulled me aside and had a nice long talk with me about proper business etiquette.

PinMadness

Chatham may be newer, but Vista is more social, plus in a more conveniant location.

I prefer Vista, better partys, more people to meet, more fun.

I have lived at both.

I preferred Vista Way. Chatham was newer, but Vista Way really was more convenient.

To the Original Poster:

DO make the most out of your experience. You will get as much out of it as you put into it. Take advantage of things like Career Insights or, if you're eligible, the Professional Development series.

DO make sure you visit the parks as often as possible. I visited the parks a bunch on my first program, but barely went when I was there this summer. I regret not making the most out of my park days.

DO keep an open mind. You will be meeting people from all over the World. Everyone you'll meet has different values and it's important to keep an open mind to all of the new people you'll meet.

DON'T listen to the Negative Nancys. The College Program is not all sunshine and moonbeams, but it is a wonderful experience. Nothing ticks me off more than when people who have had a negative experience go on and on and on about how they had a rotten time. Their tales are discouraging to new comers. Wait and see for yourself. Every work location is different and while a lot of CP's have evening shifts, that's not always the case. Don't listen to the naysayers.

Enjoy your Program!

packwingfn

I finally saw the pictures of Chatham and Vista. Chatham does look much nicer but like people have said, Both has their advantages and disadvantages so I'll be fine with whatever I have.

I like the bedroom setup, and if I get stuck with a snorer, I'm used to it, I live with my Brother and Father for 21 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom